Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#76 2016-04-14 09:04:43

Emma333

Re: Introducing two new moderators: benje00 and zioxei

Lmao u guys need to get over yourselves and stop making a witch hunt of literally everything ur not ok with. Do u guys even know about the terms 'empathy' and 'feelings'? Ur all so much in ur selfpityness u forget other people have feelings too. Just stop hating everyone that doesnt agree with you and stop acting like everything that goes wrong is gonna end the world ty xx

Pm me with anything math related please

Wooted by: (2)

#77 2016-04-14 09:08:03

Swarth100

Different55 wrote:
Calicara wrote:
Slushie wrote:

I don't understand this "give him a chance" logic. Going by that, we should all go around taking turns being mods because we all deserve a chance.

Every time that argument has been made for a controversial new staff member, they ended up being demoted (hi jawapa, ultrabass) or they now hide from the public eye after several scandals (hi nvd, cjmaeder, xjeex).

Surprisingly, the community is capable of identifying good moderators before they become moderators. This is why we need community input before putting random people like zioxei into positions of authority.

This might be the one time I agree with the idea of community input.

We could do, for example, a topic where people can make nomination for moderators (they cannot nominate themselves), and only people who have more than so many nominations can actually be considered (so maybe like 3 or 4 nominations, in example.) From there you could just do a general election from top picks.

I don't agree with this idea of giving random people a chance. Benje00 I'm ok with. Zioxei I am not.

Don't want to sound conceited or anything but that's how me, chewy, and EDJ were chosen and I'm probably not the most unbiased source but I think we turned out pretty alright.

You turned out perfect guys!

I believe that sometimes it is best to listen to a game's community before making certain important decisions; I wouldn't suggest to entirely rely on community input, but between nothing and everything there might be some work to do ...

#78 2016-04-14 10:31:08

Nou

The most asked question is and “why didn’t you consult the community” and “why zioxei”.

Allow me to explain.

Firstly, I wanted to avoid a popularity contest, which is exactly what this would have been if we had gone down the route of offering applications. Either we get accused of “circle jerking” or “ignoring the community”, either way would have caused resistance.

I understand the choice affects you, the community, but everyone seems to forget it affects us too. We, the EE team, have to work closely with the people we have chosen every day, which is one of the criteria on which the decision was based: “X must fit in the team”.

Another criterion was “X must have a good, neutral standing in the community”. Admittedly, I have clearly missed some important detail here that really caught me by surprise. The whole KKK crew ordeal is beyond unacceptable, regardless of whether it was meant as a joke or not. Obviously this caused him to get off on the wrong foot, but all I’m asking from you guys is to give him a chance. Like any other mod, everyone is responsible for their actions. They’re in a trial period and if it doesn’t work out, it doesn’t work out. Perhaps they don’t fit in the team or they (after you’ve at least tried to give them a chance!) just don’t fit the position. Whatever needs to be done to resolve potentials issues will be done.

A personal comment:
You, the community, always want us to listen to you. And we try to do that, we really do, but you're making it hard to listen to you because the disrespectful outcries are getting more common and therefore tuned out. If you want us to keep listening to you, compose yourself, give thought to what you say. What I'd like you to do is read through this thread and read what is being said, reflect on the contents and the tone of some of these posts. Some of them are downright toxic. I want to stay part of the community, so keep the atmosphere open for it.

No u.

#79 2016-04-14 10:33:19, last edited by Hannah32 (2016-04-14 10:45:08)

Hannah32

I'm so proud of my husband. Shot Benje.
Btw, I'm very disappointed that 1nsanity isn't a mod.

Wooted by:

#80 2016-04-14 10:47:01

nlmdejonge

DULL wrote:

it feels like zioxei was at the right place at the right time

Going a bit off-topic, I was thinking this about how EE changed ownership. It's the only way I can explain how a then fifteen-year-old NVD got involved. As far as I know EE has never been for sale publicly, nor was it auctioned. The next step, from a kid to Nou, it must've been another 'right place and time'-thing. You could say: both speak Dutch; so do I though, I have money and might have made a better offer. Oh, I'm not writing this because I'm bitter or jealous. Just saying, the 'right place and time'-thing is the only way I can explain how this - yes - valuable property changed hands. Anyway, I'm off to private message Nou a "Hey buddy, how are you doing?". //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

I have permanently left the game and forum.
EE is an entertaining game and I enjoyed playing it...
...but it's time for me to move on.

Wooted by:

#81 2016-04-14 10:55:55, last edited by Luka504 (2016-04-14 10:56:17)

Luka504

Nou wrote:

The most asked question is and “why didn’t you consult the community” and “why zioxei”.

Allow me to explain.

Firstly, I wanted to avoid a popularity contest, which is exactly what this would have been if we had gone down the route of offering applications. Either we get accused of “circle jerking” or “ignoring the community”, either way would have caused resistance.

I understand the choice affects you, the community, but everyone seems to forget it affects us too. We, the EE team, have to work closely with the people we have chosen every day, which is one of the criteria on which the decision was based: “X must fit in the team”.

Another criterion was “X must have a good, neutral standing in the community”. Admittedly, I have clearly missed some important detail here that really caught me by surprise. The whole KKK crew ordeal is beyond unacceptable, regardless of whether it was meant as a joke or not. Obviously this caused him to get off on the wrong foot, but all I’m asking from you guys is to give him a chance. Like any other mod, everyone is responsible for their actions. They’re in a trial period and if it doesn’t work out, it doesn’t work out. Perhaps they don’t fit in the team or they (after you’ve at least tried to give them a chance!) just don’t fit the position. Whatever needs to be done to resolve potentials issues will be done.

A personal comment:
You, the community, always want us to listen to you. And we try to do that, we really do, but you're making it hard to listen to you because the disrespectful outcries are getting more common and therefore tuned out. If you want us to keep listening to you, compose yourself, give thought to what you say. What I'd like you to do is read through this thread and read what is being said, reflect on the contents and the tone of some of these posts. Some of them are downright toxic. I want to stay part of the community, so keep the atmosphere open for it.

This doesnt explain why you chose zioxei as a mod. Your only argument here is: So this isnt a popularity contest.
So? You chose zioxei beacuse he is unpopular with the crowd?
By that logic pretty much 95% of the community should be a mod.
Hey im not popular! Make me a mod so it isnt a popularity contest //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

How long will it take me to get banned again?
Place your bets right here.

#82 2016-04-14 12:16:17

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

the cringe some of you are giving off... it hurts.

Almost every single mod/admin this game has ever had, was a friend to the current staff.

Toby - friend of ben
RPG - friend of ben
MrShoe - friend of ben
MrVoid - Co-Worker/friend of shoe
TheSource - friend of NVD
NOU - friend of NVD
Processor - friend of the whole staff
TOOP - friend of the whole staff
Xjeex - friend of the whole staff
CJ - friend of NVD

You have to remember, they have to work with whoever they pick every day. They have to be able to communicate with this person, and not want to beat their head on a wall. Of course they are going to pick someone who they at least some-what know. It would make very little sense to go into a random, unpopular world, and offer someone a staff position. Why? Because you have no idea how well they behave, how well they communicate, etc.

Regardless of how he was picked, he's here to stay, for at least a short while anyway. Instead of insulting him, attacking him, attacking Nou, and being downright toxic... make it work. If he's doing something wrong, help him correct it. If he handles something in a very inappropriate way, contact Nou.

Discord: jawp#5123

#83 2016-04-14 12:24:13

Guest.

Just so you know, most of the judging was actually made before zioxei became moderator, as the "good standing in the community" rule doesn't work with them.

#84 2016-04-14 12:26:00, last edited by Pyromaniac (2016-04-14 12:28:42)

Pyromaniac
Official Caroler

Nou wrote:

You, the community, always want us to listen to you. And we try to do that, we really do, but you're making it hard to listen to you because the disrespectful outcries are getting more common and therefore tuned out. If you want us to keep listening to you, compose yourself, give thought to what you say. What I'd like you to do is read through this thread and read what is being said, reflect on the contents and the tone of some of these posts. Some of them are downright toxic. I want to stay part of the community

I hate to say it, but the responses slowly becoming more "toxic" may have something to do with the decisions making less and less sense, and it's becoming more and more obvious that we have no influence over you or any of the other staff.

Also- apparently the KKK crew ISNT "beyond unnaceptable". You can't just say that and then still pick him as mod lmao. Although I understand that you goofed, and can't really backpedal (even though something tells me you're too prideful to do that, anyway), but it's still sketchy as hell.

Wooted by: (4)

#85 2016-04-14 12:30:13

Guest.

What's with this?
f2Eixvl.png

I wouldn't really call that "a good standing in the community".
Looks like he did something.

Also, don't flame about my comments. I have no opinion on this, and I'm just pointing out their flaws so they may improve.

Wooted by:

#86 2016-04-14 12:42:45

tak4n

zioxei?

I've been waiting years for Boh and BEE to become mods...

but zioxei?

signature3_zpsttrhtmyh.png

#87 2016-04-14 13:12:10

Calicara

Ben wrote:

Guys... Calm down. I'm sure this is just a social experiment to examine our reaction.

It all makes sense now... That or a late April fools joke....

tgA1y17.jpg
I am obsessed with Steven Universe

#88 2016-04-14 14:02:41, last edited by some woman (2016-04-14 14:07:36)

some woman

there are already many other people who have shown actual savviness and manners. why couldn't they be mods? oh, wait, you want people who have true insight into the game who could possibly assist in finding and/or fixing bugs? go evaluate the people on the Bots and Programming/Bug Reports subforums. what were you judging them on, anyways, the dankness of their memes? the number of topics they made in a row? how naive they were? how little they actually did for everybody edits? were there not enough moderators whose names started with a Z? or maybe he just came in your world and said "omg nou, i can haz mod plz? //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile"

if you insist on being this desperate to get more moderators on your side, you're going to have a bunch of moderators who hardly do anything at all, and this will probably happen all over again.

10 years and still awkward. Keep it up, baby!

#89 2016-04-14 15:40:02

Pingohits
Banned

Ben wrote:

Guys... Calm down. I'm sure this is just a social experiment to examine our reaction.

we can't have reactions because finebros copyrighted it

791mAP8.png

#90 2016-04-14 16:12:15

NegaStrife
Formerly ~MeleeTonikZ

Ben wrote:

Yeah, I'm waiting for the "It's just a prank bro".

sig.php?colour=hex8866ee&uname=Alphabet&pp=1&countryrank&darktriangles&onlineindicator=undefined

#91 2016-04-14 17:26:09, last edited by Calicara (2016-04-14 17:26:43)

Calicara

Emma333 wrote:

Lmao u guys need to get over yourselves and stop making a witch hunt of literally everything ur not ok with. Do u guys even know about the terms 'empathy' and 'feelings'? Ur all so much in ur selfpityness u forget other people have feelings too. Just stop hating everyone that doesnt agree with you and stop acting like everything that goes wrong is gonna end the world ty xx

First of all, read this post: http://forums.everybodyedits.com/viewto … 78#p595778

Second of all, this isn't a witch hunt. We are all having a discussion about our mixed feelings for the new moderators, and for good reason. Me and plenty others believe there were much better choices, especially in regards to Zioxei. Talking about how we feel, even if it is angry, is more mature than just shaking our heads and acting like this is all ok.

Stop being an SJW and inform yourself before making a post.

tgA1y17.jpg
I am obsessed with Steven Universe

Wooted by: (3)

#92 2016-04-14 18:23:37

XxAtillaxX

Pretty late for an April Fool's joke.

signature.png
*u stinky*

Wooted by:

#93 2016-04-14 18:34:09

Anak

Nou wrote:

I don't think it matters whether it's a "popularity contest" when popular, well known users may clearly have more positive traits than negative, and are constantly referred to the community as good potential for staff. Just my opinion tho...

Thank you for the response on the KKK thing, however it seems rather... unsatisfactory. I definitely don't trust him after that, whether he's a regular player or staff. I appreciate they're in a trial period, however I would never have picked someone who would participate in something like that. (Understandably, you didn't know and such a thing may not have occured to you.)

Sure, Zioxei can have a chance, but that doesn't mean anyone has to like him or trust him based on his actions in the past (which I haven't seen him speak about mind you)

Wooted by: (3)

#94 2016-04-14 20:30:44, last edited by Kira (2016-04-14 20:33:58)

Kira

ZC7btYz.png

//forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool

j59Kfi8.png

j59Kfi8.png

j59Kfi8.png

#95 2016-04-14 20:32:46

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Plot twist: zioxei is secretly Nou's girlfriend

#96 2016-04-14 20:46:04

Luka504

Lovely but no.
I want to give zioxei a chance. I really do. But the lack of information and zioxei's amazing reputation makes me very uncomftorable.
Can Someone (Nou) explain the following:
Why zioxei? There are so many candidates that arent some teens that will abuse their power.
Dont make up something dumb like: ,,So it isnt a popularity contest,,. I can do the role of being a moderator myself if i wasnt a teen. And im ,,unpopular,, just like zioxei.

How long will it take me to get banned again?
Place your bets right here.

Wooted by:

#97 2016-04-14 20:53:55

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

From #eeforums Rizon IRC:

<Jakub321> zioxei is bulling me
<@Proc> can someone confirm that the names of mods are white?
<@Proc> Kubapolish: are the other screenshots also taken after he became mod?
<Kubapolish> yeah
<Jakub321> It wq
<Jakub321> ss
<Jakub321> all my screenshots
== Bobyy [[email protected]] has quit [Quit: http://www.kiwiirc.com/ - A hand crafted IRC client]
<Jakub321> he is only bulling me
<@Proc> doesnt matter
<@Proc> ok thats it I'm looking forward to see him demodded

#98 2016-04-14 21:12:37

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

why you didnt include the post date? maybe because that post was made 2 months ago before zioxei could even think he would get picked as a mod? its not even that bad of a post mods can have sense of humor as well. this is just a desperate attempt at making his reputation worse, like come on, there is already enough reasons people would hate him for, no need to bring up months old and not even relevant stuff

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

Wooted by:

#99 2016-04-14 21:38:31, last edited by Schlog (2016-04-14 21:39:19)

Schlog

wEvwsRE.png
Wtf he cleared a campaign world from FFS, but it was loaded
It's definitely EX Pro Forgotten Veil

why did you pick this guy as a moderator

#100 2016-04-14 21:46:11, last edited by TaskManager (2016-04-14 21:46:31)

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

oh wow
gg his chance didnt help him

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

AmdS1460770042596240

Board footer