Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-04-14 07:58:22, last edited by Mylo (2016-04-20 19:58:15)

Mylo
Master Developer

Keep a ban in sync

Simple:
People which got permabanned ingame should be banned here, too.
But (!) people which got permabanned at the forums should not be banned ingame.

Why?
Because people who can't play the game anymore are not able to participate in any discussion about it.
The official forums support, by not doing this, the circumvention of those punishments,
because the player still feels connected to the community, which makes it easy for him to just continue with an alt.

Clarification

#2 2016-04-14 10:38:45

Gosha

Re: Keep a ban in sync

it seems some stupid
EE game and EE forums are 2 different things.
We need to force banned people not to do mistakes again, but not to ignore them and isolate from community

#3 2016-04-14 13:52:30

Different55
Forum Admin

People who don't play the game are still welcome, I don't see why permabanned people wouldn't be. For the longest time I was one of those people who didn't play. You wouldn't happen to be doing this just because JaWapa is permabanned, would you?

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#4 2016-04-14 19:54:37, last edited by Zumza (2016-04-14 19:55:06)

Zumza

There are a lot of forum accounts that aren't synced with any EE account.
People that have an offensive behaviour on forums get afferent warnings already.

Everybody edits, but some edit more than others

#5 2016-04-14 20:59:33

Anak

Lots of parts of this community/forums don't pertain to EE. Also, just bc someone doesn't/can't play EE anymore, doesn't mean they can't partake in discussion about it.
They never did anything wrong on the forums, only in the game, so what's the point of banning them for nothing

#6 2016-04-14 21:01:01

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Anak wrote:

Also, just bc someone doesn't/can't play EE anymore, doesn't mean they can't partake in discussion about it.

Different55 might just disagree with that https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL

#7 2016-04-14 21:55:59, last edited by Different55 (2016-04-14 21:57:00)

Different55
Forum Admin

Are you trying to make a scene because yesterday when you said you wanted to take things to PM to avoid making a scene all you said was "hi". If I disagreed with Anak, you know very well you might be banned right now so why even bother posting? If you're not going to contribute to the topic, please don't post. PM me if you actually have something to say. Or the IRC if you're set on making a scene. Not here.

- ShinsukeIto

#8 2016-04-20 19:45:13

Mylo
Master Developer

Just to clarify, this was not posted in relation to JaWapa, I don't care about him. http://oc.tc inspired me.
But if you want it - he is a great example why this rule should be in place.

I don't think the official forums and EE are two different things.
Not playing by choice is your choice. Being not wanted at this game is another shoe.
You don't get perma-banned for nothing.

And no, since they will definitely - at no point in their life - play EE legally without the penalty being lifted,
they have no reason to take part at any discussions about it.

#9 2016-04-20 19:52:13

skullz17

Can I not talk about an update from yesterday if I got banned today?

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

#10 2016-04-20 20:24:01

Anak

Mylo wrote:

Just to clarify, this was not posted in relation to JaWapa, I don't care about him. http://oc.tc inspired me.

Not playing by choice is your choice. Being not wanted at this game is another shoe.

And no, since they will definitely - at no point in their life - play EE legally without the penalty being lifted,

If they didn't break a rule on the forums then they don't get banned on the forums. Why go through the trouble of banning someone on the forums for something completely unrelated? Whether they want to stay in the community or not after being permabanned is their choice. Yes, these forums are a counterpart to the game, however there are various parts of these forums unrelated to the game. There's no point in purposefully excluding someone from this community for a rule which they didn't break on the forums.
You can't steal gems on the forums anyways lol

#11 2016-04-20 20:48:04

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

Mylo wrote:

actually jawapa is a great example as to why this suggestion is bad
despite his gemcode and permaban adventures he's still a good member of the forums

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#12 2016-04-20 21:57:13

Different55
Forum Admin

Mylo wrote:

It's my understanding that the force behind a ban on EE is driven by loss of access to your account, where all your time and effort was poured into. Not loss of access to the game, since banned users can just immediately create a new account unless they've been IP banned or something.

- ShinsukeIto

#13 2016-04-21 01:00:50

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Mylo wrote:

he is a great example why this rule should be in place.

Mylo wrote:

Even while banned, I still cared about that game. I still cared where it went, how it changed, what was added, what was taken away.

Even while banned, I was still able to bring an issue to the mods attention, and provoke change, hopefully for the better.

Discord: jawp#5123

Wooted by:
mrjawapa1461196850597433

Board footer