Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#526 2016-04-11 12:45:18

SmittyW

Re: Everybody Edits Contest: Spring 2016! [Registration and Rules!]

Prodigy wrote:

Please rate my groups level well Kira, Phina and the Rose. If you didn't want to be a judge then why sign up for it. We the people want to fair if you are lazy then get your energy replenished. My group worked so hard on that level just so we could submit in the last 3 hours. We need a fair rating!

Just keep in mind that if you happen to lose, it probably isn't Kira's fault

#527 2016-04-11 13:04:37

RavaTroll

N1KF wrote:

I WARNED YOU PEOPLE

Also reposting this from another topic

N1KF wrote:
12345678908642 wrote:

Seriously? Why would Toop rate that theme 1/10? Easter fits under the "spring" theme (unless you are Australian), so to give it a one or zero seems very extreme. This kind of worries about the contest's judging.

It's the last time i'm going to share anything with you if I can't trust you.

Also :
World Autism Awareness Day is April 2, it's a worldwide observance day. Is it related to spring ? Because it does occur during spring.
Day of Remembrance for all Victims of Chemical Warfare is april 29. What about it ?
What about May Day ?  World Press Freedom Day ? World Malaria Day ?

All these happen during spring, yet they have nothing to do with spring, just like easter - a religious celebration about the resurection of Jesus Christ - has nothing to do with spring.

SNTDcGF.png Trolls be in da place, mon ! SNTDcGF.png

#528 2016-04-11 14:14:51

Onjit
Website

RavaTroll wrote:

<holidays in april>

>see also all holidays from September-November because of southern hemisphere

:.|:;

Wooted by: (4)

#529 2016-04-11 14:32:54

SmittyW

I just think a 1/10 is a little unfair because all the easter levels still contain spring elements (?)

What does a level require to constitute as spring?

Wooted by:

#530 2016-04-11 14:43:15

bgic

SmittyW. wrote:

I just think a 1/10 is a little unfair because all the easter levels still contain spring elements (?)

What does a level require to constitute as spring?

flowers + trees.

guys help how to mark all new posts as read?

nvm found it lol

#531 2016-04-11 14:48:43, last edited by Pyromaniac (2016-04-11 14:55:31)

Pyromaniac
Official Caroler

Hi! I'm not in the contest but unfortunately I got involved in this yesterday after only having slept for two hours so, yes I was a little heated (my mistake) but I think my points were still valid.

I responded to Kiraninja bringing along a posse to every level he judged. I think that there a couple problems with this.

1) I know he'll respond with "of COURSE my will won't be bent!!!", but having a group of people around you when you judge maybe, just MAYBE, could sway your decision. Say if 1nsanity, for example, said something like "Ay lmao this level sucks Richard Nixon haha!", you may not want to argue.

2) Publicly making fun of levels in front of a group is kind of mean, especially when the creator could join at any moment. I personally have never done this, but like zoey said, people worked hard on these.  (See: Chiscorey's level, where he said the signs made him want to kill himself but he'd endure it or whatever. It just so happened the Chicorey joined like five minutes later.)

3) In a level I was in before when Kira joined, some nice random player said hi to him and he responded with "Dont bother me". Kind of a double standard hmm? (this point isn't that serious but it irked me, personally).

---

Another problem I have with his judging his him saying that he'll give a random rating out of boredom. I'm not going to explain why this is dumb.

--

What I'm saying is that you can't have this game be super serious and consider your work in it "art" (kiraninja) and also handle your responsibilities as a judge (of said "art) this poorly.

--

Also 1/10 for easter levels? Come on, Mr. Ex Crew Artist.

EDIT: Wow.

njxwsc.png

Wooted by: (3)

#532 2016-04-11 15:08:40

SmittyW

I don't think it was wrong to have people following Kira.
However, even though he requested us not to express opinions while tagging along, he should have followed his own rule. You should refrain from public criticism until the contest is over.

Wooted by: (2)

#533 2016-04-11 15:12:03

RavaTroll

Pyromaniac wrote:

What is the link between the resurection of Jesus Christ and Spring then ?

#534 2016-04-11 15:12:11

Aaro54

What counts as fitting for the theme spring then?

Wooted by:

#535 2016-04-11 15:15:38

Anak

RavaTroll wrote:
Pyromaniac wrote:

What is the link between the resurection of Jesus Christ and Spring then ?

It's not just a Christian holiday, it's also a general nonreligious holiday as well. Easter imo has connotations with unting for eggs, often outside in the grass and stuff like that, and also with flowers like daffodils, as well as chicks and stuff like that. I myself would probably rate it less than a purely Spring world bc, whilst Easter and Spring both intertwine, they're not the same thing, but they don't deserve a 0/10.
(Also, I've never seen an Easter themed world with Jesus on the cross and in the tomb lmao)

#536 2016-04-11 15:17:12, last edited by Pyromaniac (2016-04-11 15:19:21)

Pyromaniac
Official Caroler

I dont want this to overshadow the Kira issue, which I think is more important-

but I think it would have been nice to know that an Easter theme is not allowed. Some people just naturally correlate spring and Easter (seeing as it takes place.. during spring...and is like Anak said, at least in the secular sense of the holiday, basically a celebration OF spring). I just read the rules and it didn't say explicitly that  an Easter theme would be looked down upon.

I realize that you'll probably respond with "Well he did say THE SEASON!!!" But thats a really, really, unfairly fine distinction to make (without having specified earlier).

Wooted by:

#537 2016-04-11 15:22:02

Aaro54

Hiding eggs during easter has non-christian origins and the name itself comes from a goddess of spring. Yes, the christian parts aren't related to spring very much, but I assume that most of the people who made easter-themed levels went with something else then cruxification and resurrection for themes.

#538 2016-04-11 15:41:15, last edited by RavaTroll (2016-04-11 15:44:12)

RavaTroll

Thanks for your answers.
I agree that we should definitly have said that it was sort of off-topic. Hopefuly Toop will learn from this and make better rules next times.
Once the contest is over and my job is done i'll have to say a few words about this contest, but I can't for now - gotta be a judge and leaving my personal feelings aside.

As for the spring theme, here's what I get when I search for Spring in google-image :
http://stuff.ravatroll.com/videos/2016- … -59-05.mp4

However, it's not the only thing Spring is about.
Have you ever watched Fantasia 2000 ? It has this amazing animation for Stravinsky's The Firebird :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eG_O1wEJ40
Spring is about Rebirth of Nature after a 3 months hibernation, i'd say. It's about life flourishing, animals making baby animals, flowers sprouting, snow melting.

You might argue that the resurection of Jesus Christ is about rebirth too - obviously - but I think it's mostly because all of the christian celebrations are related to the old pagan celebrations for Equinoxes and soltices and are inspired by them. Those pagan celebrations were based on what people observed around them, and they did notice that spring is about rebirth.
Even the name, "spring" is where a source come from. It's where life comes from.

This should be what spring is about, imo. Everything with flourishing stuff is related to spring. So yeah, flowers, trees. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

EDIT : I haven't applied the formula yet to rate levels, so if the ratings are a bit too harsh for easter themed level compared to the quality of the levels, I might be nicer with the theme.

#539 2016-04-11 15:59:33, last edited by Gosha (2016-04-13 11:05:36)

Gosha

*EDIT*

So, i changed my name

Now it is not goshanoob, but gosha

Edit this stuff in teams

Wooted by:

#540 2016-04-11 16:46:01

Sensei1

I don't want to say that you guys are judging wrong or anything like that, I really trust you on this, but the conversation about spring and easter got so interesting that I just got to share my opinion too!

I think the fact that many people have made easter themed worlds is already a good proof that easter fits the spring theme. I associate easter with spring. I do not associate World Autism Awareness Day with spring, I have no idea why. I think most people associate christmas with winter, and if we were told to make winter themed worlds, many would put christmas elements into those worlds too. Again, I have no idea why other celebrations during winter don't have the same kind of role, but I can tell that christmas is totally different!

#541 2016-04-11 17:26:39

Jorc

What are you saying guys? Spring have flowers,nature,trees,birds. Easter,christianity,Jesus is same as spring! but it's other holiday of easter, and it does count. It's fun contest! not rage. Thank you! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#542 2016-04-11 19:59:20

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

Sensei1 wrote:

I think the fact that many people have made easter themed worlds is already a good proof that easter fits the spring theme. I associate easter with spring. I do not associate World Autism Awareness Day with spring, I have no idea why. I think most people associate christmas with winter, and if we were told to make winter themed worlds, many would put christmas elements into those worlds too. Again, I have no idea why other celebrations during winter don't have the same kind of role, but I can tell that christmas is totally different!

common sense right here, checkmate.

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#543 2016-04-11 21:18:05

Prodigy

SmittyW. wrote:
Prodigy wrote:

Please rate my groups level well Kira, Phina and the Rose. If you didn't want to be a judge then why sign up for it. We the people want to fair if you are lazy then get your energy replenished. My group worked so hard on that level just so we could submit in the last 3 hours. We need a fair rating!

Just keep in mind that if you happen to lose, it probably isn't Kira's fault

What have we done wrong in this level? everybodyedits.com/games/PW4ua-CWcRcEI

h0qIF0q.png

#544 2016-04-11 21:47:18

OINX

aren't there 5 winners anyway, talking about 1st place.

(  ° ,(oo)° ) oink oink

#545 2016-04-11 23:15:51

Guest.

ok can you guys stop the drama already

only spam the comments if like one of the judges try prejudice like kira did above or smth
pls

#546 2016-04-11 23:39:18, last edited by Benje00 (2016-04-11 23:42:50)

Benje00

Ninja wrote:

snip
snip
snip
i don't even know if benje has done anything at all

snip

I worked 8 hours Saturday and went to three social events on Sunday, two of which were church related.
I'm doing my best and taking my time to judge each and every level accurately, making sure to rate levels fairly as to give what is deserved.

Also, having judges with different mindsets makes for a better system.  If all of us judges had the same ideal image of a "good level", then there would be a few highly-ranked levels and many low-ranked levels.  If all four of us had the same thing we would look for in a level then ratings would be either hit or miss, which isn't how it should be.  Having different opinions broadens what defines a good level and evens out the good ratings and the bad ratings making for a closer contest with less of a 1% at the top mentality because all the judges have the same view.

#547 2016-04-11 23:59:09

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Benje00 wrote:

Also, having judges with different mindsets makes for a better system.  If all of us judges had the same ideal image of a "good level", then there would be a few highly-ranked levels and many low-ranked levels.  If all four of us had the same thing we would look for in a level then ratings would be either hit or miss, which isn't how it should be.  Having different opinions broadens what defines a good level and evens out the good ratings and the bad ratings making for a closer contest with less of a 1% at the top mentality because all the judges have the same view.

This is exactly why I suggested having a new player be a judge.

Everybody Edits is Fred

#548 2016-04-12 00:04:15

Benje00

N1KF wrote:

This is exactly why I suggested having a new player be a judge.

That is a good idea, although we are judging while keeping newer players in the back of our minds.  "Would a new user play the whole level through?  What impression would EE give off if this was the only level the user played?  Would this level make the new user come back to play more EE?"

#549 2016-04-12 00:05:50

Guest.

NO

DONT LET THE NEW USERS BE JUDGES

THEY WILL THROW OVER OUR UTOPIAN GOVERNMENT https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL

#550 2016-04-12 00:46:11

Pingohits
Banned

Ernesdo wrote:

NO

DONT LET THE NEW USERS BE JUDGES

THEY WILL THROW OVER OUR UTOPIAN GOVERNMENT https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL

Ernesdo wrote:

UTOPIAN

what are you doing

791mAP8.png

Onjit1460850036596528

Board footer