Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-03-31 20:02:55

shadowda

Hide and seek setting

First and most importantly:

there should be a world setting that forces all usernames to be hidden.

Second:

the April fools block smileys thing should be a permanent setting for hide and seek worlds

color = #1E1E1E       

latest?cb=20150604065609

#2 2016-03-31 20:06:45

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Re: Hide and seek setting

shadowda wrote:

First and most importantly:

there should be a world setting that forces all usernames to be hidden.

Second:

the April fools block smileys thing should be a permanent setting for hide and seek worlds

We need a special effect that makes your smiley look like a block

#3 2016-04-01 03:23:16

Cbomb9999

i built a hide and seek level the moment i realized the potential of the april fools gag (2016) and it would be a shame if it only worked properly for a short period of time every year. i suggest adding a "block mode" option to world creation, as i could see this game mode rising in popularity even to the point of rivaling HvZ maps. even on my hide and seek world it seems to be gaining attention faster than most of my other worlds. MAKE "BLOCK MODE" A THING!!! i can support it's addition as an effect, but i would prefer a full time block mode instead.:D

Wooted by:

#4 2016-04-01 03:35:19

Anak

Although not really related to eachother, if you can have the forum Foolishness all year round, you should have this on EE all year round too.

Wooted by: (2)

#5 2016-04-01 05:21:13

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Cbomb9999 wrote:

i can support it's addition as an effect, but i would prefer a full time block mode instead.:D

Why is this so? Functionally, they would act the same, with the only difference of it being effect is that certainly players can not be blocksmileys. If anything I think level owners should have more freedom over this sort of thing.

Wooted by: (2)

#6 2016-05-04 05:10:27

Cbomb9999

N1KF wrote:
Cbomb9999 wrote:

i can support it's addition as an effect, but i would prefer a full time block mode instead.:D

Why is this so? Functionally, they would act the same, with the only difference of it being effect is that certainly players can not be blocksmileys. If anything I think level owners should have more freedom over this sort of thing.

i simply meant i prefer a checkbox in the world options menu labeled something like "block mode" that would restore settings to the april fools gag options. I prefer it in a world settings mode as to avoid adding an effect you have to find a way to force a player through, especially if that effect only turns you into a specific block. Returning it to the gag settings also gives smileys more use for those who choose to buy them for whatever reason, even possibly showing their "block mode" skin in the shop next to the default smiley of the "pack". I simply found great potential in the gag and i am disappointed it wasnt kept. I feel for convenience, a single button is better than manually placing reskin effects all over the place. I can see the advantages to having an effect, but the "best of both worlds" option is to add both an effect and an option (after obtaining the "block mode" pack from the store).

Cbomb99991462335027600437

Board footer