Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#51 2016-03-25 03:49:09

STD
Formerly BenWanted

Re: The 2016 EElections! (VOTE NOW!!!)

i_love_std_real_logo_by_penry-d4cs4eo.jpg

VOTE FOR THE STD ARMY

Should name changes cost money?
YES!!! The name you choose in the beginning is what you wanted. DEAL WITH IT. PAY THE PRCe

Should people be banned for trolling?
No tf

Should ingame moderators be appointed by the community?
What does appointed mean?

Are there too many staff members?
Yes. Anything above 0 staff members is just too much

Should chat cost money again?
Hick yeah. I had to pay 1 cent for chat AND SO SHOULD EVERYONE ELSE. STOP THE LITTLE KID CHAT CANCER AND THE BRAZILIANS

Are bots a valuable addition to the game?
No frick that. Play the game how it was supposed to be played. Play it with everything its got in it

Should staff be kickable from worlds when off-duty?
Staff should be kickable even on duty

Should EE focus on its role as a platforming game?
idgaf

Should the shop be more easily accessible to new players with discounts and bonuses?
no I had to pay for this shibe and SO SHOULD YOU

Should exclusive smileys be made available again through new opportunities?
no tf is ur fault for not playing earlier you noob

Should staff be more seriously reprimanded for giving away free items at no personal expense?
There should be no staff

Should the rules be made more lenient than they are today?
rules drool

Should updates focus more on tweaks and fixes or new content?
no

Should more easy difficulty campaigns be introduced to the campaign roster to balance game difficulty?
no get good scrubs

Regarding gender diversity and neutrality, are the smileys fine as they are now?
no we need monkeys in this game please. and more girls.

Should bugs in the physics engine be fixed, even if it breaks some minigames?
no

Should more tools be added to the game to mitigate trolling?
no. trolling is trollin. dont give people the code you dont trust, frickin noob

Should world text be made available to everybody, rather than just staff?
staff drool

random-pictures-316.jpg

#52 2016-03-25 03:51:24

Creature

Going to as well put here the new map of EE:

Hidden text

This is a false statement.

#53 2016-03-25 03:57:54

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Bobithan wrote:

please keep personal attacks to a minimum @the both of u thanks

holy ****... at least mine was relevant...

Calicara, lighten up

We can't have these sensitive candidates in office. They wake up one day in a bad mood, and bomb callofduty land.

Also... the people want... what the people want.
qZMR1Fws.png

Discord: jawp#5123

#54 2016-03-25 04:09:03

oranj
EE Homegirl
Website

"I believe in a more kid friendly community"
you do realize less and less kids go on ee each day?

Do you realize that ee is supposed to be for all ages and is for all ages? Whether there's one kid or hundreds, they're still getting influenced and bombarded by bad players
Have you considered that the reason kids don't stay is because of the bad community?

"Should exclusive smileys be made available again through new opportunities?
Yes, but not without hard work"
define hard work

For example, another contest to earn them through well-made worlds

"Should the rules be made more lenient than they are today?
No, if anything, they should be less lenient"
why do you want censorship so much?

Considering other people isn't censorship, honey //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

"Should world text be made available to everybody, rather than just staff?
No, it would make ee much more laggy"
HOW WOULD IT MAKE IT MORE LAGGY WHAT

Placing world text causes lag

f0872edc17bb4a21a24c813c41c4f8b8.png
An orange made of Oranjes

#55 2016-03-25 04:11:35, last edited by mrjawapa (2016-03-25 04:19:51)

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

bOeva6pJ.png
Pingo & egg party confirmed satan.

EDIT: Breaking news:
GgBsSFY5.png

#56 2016-03-25 04:27:10

STD
Formerly BenWanted

JaWapa wrote:

Support the JaWapa/Bobby train!

JaWapa/Bobby Campaign Signature

ayHq68r.jpg

JaWapa is obviously part of the illuminati contriband of the community government of EveryBodyEdITs. He is HiDing subliMinLA imAgEs in his pIctURes to Make u gUys voTe forR Hi M .. dON`t Let hiM gfoool U   .  chem Tra Ils a Re rea al PRObLEM

random-pictures-316.jpg

#57 2016-03-25 05:07:48

ZeldaXD
EE Homeboy
Website

0d57e98e5a.png

VOTE FOR ZELDAXD

gLjTZE1.png

Wooted by: (3)

#58 2016-03-25 05:11:42, last edited by mrjawapa (2016-03-25 05:11:52)

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Okay, just look at this. ZeldaXD is such a tyrant. He shares the same ideology to that of Sbeam. He even looks like him!
We cannot allow history to repeat itself.

A VOTE FOR JAWAPA, IS A VOTE FOR A BETTER FUTURE

#59 2016-03-25 05:32:20

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

I would like to register as a candidate. I belong with the Official CEEntrist PartEE. I believe that the experience should be enhanced for all players, old and new, looking for either type of experience from the game.

Vision of the game

Everybody Edits is a unique game. It is a live online level editor, not quite like anything else I have ever seen. I do not completely consider this a "game"—it is just much a "game" (to play) as it is a "tool" (to create) and a subculture. I believe that expanding the game to allow people to express their creativity should be perhaps the greatest priority in Everybody Edits's production. The game is too limited and small-scale in what can be created, and steps should be taken to expand on it. We have only seen a small piece of the whole picture of which that could be created.

Staff

I am not a particular fan of the current staff of the game. They often act unprofessionally. One in particular I have in mind is especially so, as he is often negatively influenced by his friends to act in a rude manner. They sometimes seem to display a lack of communication, and often get involved in EEdrama. In my opinion, a staff member should act as a good role model—the fact that I can follow the rules better than some of the staff members says a lot.

Update essentials
  • Raised coin/switch/death gate/door limit raised to at least 999 dangit

• Command blocks (plus level-editing commands to go with it)

• Larger worlds (plus a more efficient way to store its data)

• Map block

• More physics blocks (like a sticky block)

• More effects

• More effect customizability

• More varied campaigns

• More shop discounts

• More user-friendly interface

• Game, blog, forum, and wiki integration (may discuss this in detail some other time)

Questions

No. Name change prices should not change. Except on Black Friday. Then it should become half-price and return the next day.

Should people be banned for trolling?
No. People should take responsibility for their own levels, with the several tools that help level owners with this. I do believe, however, that there should be more tools to allow players to deal with trolls better. For example, a command that undo the edits from a particular user would be nice.

No. Democracy does not always work. Majorities are always capable of being wrong. Except when they vote for me in the EElections, then they are right.

Are there too many staff members?
No. I think it might be best if there were more moderators for more time zones, as well a a lawyer/actual professional in the team.

Should chat cost money again?
No. Chat is fine the way it is right now.

Are bots a valuable addition to the game?
Yes. They are helpful as both a tool for building, and as a tool for level design. However, this is not an excuse not to improve the game—the game could have more features added for both level building and level design. Command blocks, for example.

Should staff be kickable from worlds when off-duty?
Yes. If they want to be treated like a staff member, they should act like one.

Should EE focus on its role as a platforming game?
Not in particular. While I think its platforming aspect could be expanded on a bit (such as more physics blocks and effects), I think the game would benefit most as a whole by expanding its "level editor" mechanics. I like to think Everybody Edits is a tool that allows players to create whatever they can think of without limitations. Besides that stinky 99 coin/switch gate/door limit and the world sizes.

Should the shop be more easily accessible to new players with discounts and bonuses?
Yes. The discounts in the Second Era were great, and I am not sure why the Third Era have not done it again.

Should exclusive smileys be made available again through new opportunities?
Yes, especially through discounts and rewards for seasonal campaigns. I am actually kind of surprised neither of these are done considering how much price-reducing the staff are doing to the shop.

Should staff be more seriously reprimanded for giving away free items at no personal expense?
Yes. If you want to play around, you should just be a regular member. Or, at least take it down enough so that you are not (ab)using your staff powers like that. While I am fine with some jokes and humor, it should not be taken to that level.

No. Considering how lenient some members of the staff are, making the rules more lenient would just make the situation worse.

Should updates focus more on tweaks and fixes or new content?
New content. There are some essentials (see "desired additions") that needed to be added. Once they are added, I would recommend looking more into tweaks and fixes.

Should more easy difficulty campaigns be introduced to the campaign roster to balance game difficulty?
Yes.

Regarding gender diversity and neutrality, are the smileys fine as they are now?
Yes. Most of the smileys are gender-neutral (mainly emotive smileys), or either represent certain stereotypical roles (such as chef). I find it strange that there is a "female" smiley which implies that other smileys are "male by default", so I would suggest renaming it the "feminine" smiley. To clarify on the "gender-neutral" comment, I would like to point out that it is odd there is a "male by default" mentality—the emotive smileys do not look particularly "masculine", so the assumptions that smileys are "male by default" might just be sexist in itself.

Should bugs in the physics engine be fixed, even if it breaks some minigames?
Yes, if they are recently added.

Yes.

No. The text block is not very user-friendly, plus I think it is best that the staff keep it so that text still feels "special".

Everybody Edits is Fred

Wooted by: (2)

#60 2016-03-25 05:49:13

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

N1KF wrote:

No. Name change prices should not change. Except on Black Friday. Then it should become half-price and return the next day.

But, what about all the people who can't access the banks on black friday? That's unfair to them.

N1KF wrote:

No. Democracy does not always work. Majorities are always capable of being wrong. Except when they vote for me in the EElections, then they are right.

Tyrannical leader right here; don't vote for him.

N1KF wrote:

The game could have more features added for both level building and level design. Command blocks, for example.

I agree. Not everyone has the ability to create/run bots.

N1KF wrote:

Yes. The discounts in the Second Era were great, and I am not sure why the Third Era have not done it again.

Because the economy is trash. However, with my $1.50 flat-rate pay-to-play fee plan, the economy would boom. The shop wouldn't even be needed under this plan.

N1KF wrote:

No. Considering how lenient some members of the staff are, making the rules more lenient would just make the situation worse.

Federalist. We don't need a strong federal government.

N1KF wrote:

Yes.

good answer

N1KF wrote:

No. The text block is not very user-friendly, plus I think it is best that the staff keep it so that text still feels "special".

That's a terrible idea. Why don't you give them all your rights too, to make them feel special.

Wooted by:

#61 2016-03-25 05:53:11, last edited by 32OrtonEdge32dh (2016-03-29 08:10:41)

32OrtonEdge32dh
Website

AbkkIpt.png

Today, I am formally announcing my candidacy for the office of Official Not-President of Everybody Edits.  While many of my views may align with one party or another, I feel that running as an IndEEpendent, specifically with the GrEEn Party, will show my disdain for the nasty partisan politics that go on in elections such as these.  I am not only running on my own platform, but I am running on compromise.  Whereas other candidates will promise you that they will get their way, all that I will promise you is that I will fight to get our way, but I am willing to broker deals to assure that the people can receive some benefit, however minimal.

I've helpfully included my stances on the listed issues below.  Below that you will find elements of my stump speech which I am certain will resonate with most anyone who truly has the best interests of Everybody Edits at heart.

Issues

Aside from these issues, I would like to bring to your attention that our great game was based on a simple principle, and that principle is fairness.  Let me be very clear, it is not fair when we have more energy inequality today than almost any major game on the Internet. And when the top one-tenth of 1% now owns almost as much energy as the bottom 90%, that's not fair.  It is not fair when the 20 people with the most energy in this game now own more energy than the bottom half of the EE userbase.  So, are you guys ready for a radical idea? Together, we are going to create an energy economy that works for all of us, not just the 1%.  And, when so many players are working for just a few energy, yep, we're going to raise the minimum energy to 500. And, we are going to bring energy equity for new players. And, when we need the most energized player base in the world, yes, we are going to make everything gem-free. And, for the hundreds of players struggling with horrendous levels of gem debt, we are going to substantially ease that burden.

Join me, players, and join the revolution.

CJ2Do0t.gif

Note: Content edits made since the initial posting of this post are noted in white, while redactions or spelling corrections are noted with strikethrough.

32ortonedge32dh.gif

Wooted by:

#62 2016-03-25 05:55:21

ZeldaXD
EE Homeboy
Website

JaWapa wrote:

Okay, just look at this. ZeldaXD is such a tyrant. He shares the same ideology to that of Sbeam. He even looks like him!
We cannot allow history to repeat itself.

A VOTE FOR JAWAPA, IS A VOTE FOR A BETTER FUTURE

Tyranny over a man is not tyranny: it is rebellion, for man is royal.
That's true, we can't allow history to repeat itself, that's why I will do it better.

gLjTZE1.png

#63 2016-03-25 06:29:48

Onjit
Website

just try to come up with an argument against me

u can't

:.|:;

#64 2016-03-25 06:32:26

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Onjit wrote:

u can't

im right and u disagree with me so ur wrong

Everybody Edits is Fred

Wooted by:

#65 2016-03-25 09:07:43

Onjit
Website

N1KF wrote:
Onjit wrote:

u can't

im right and u disagree with me so ur wrong

but

ur a ****

gg onjit wins again

vote for winning party

:.|:;

Wooted by:

#66 2016-03-25 09:56:10

Anatoly

Rudik Group

>Join<

No Team logo

#67 2016-03-25 13:53:56

sthegreat

AnatolyEE wrote:

Rudik Group

>Join<

No Team logo

why is this a party

user.php?id=sthegreat

#68 2016-03-25 14:13:02

Anatoly

sthegreat wrote:
AnatolyEE wrote:

Rudik Group

>Join<

No Team logo

why is this a party

THIS POST BREAKS THE RULE!

#69 2016-03-25 14:21:03

Bobithan

anatoly you're going to need a bit more than that sorry. look at other ppl's introductory posts for inspiration.

Wooted by:

#70 2016-03-25 14:31:38, last edited by Luka504 (2016-03-25 22:23:49)

Luka504

I see people have gotten busy //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue
Time to update.
The Nerf Party

uo1qNkv.png (Our flag :3)

Shortly,we believe people need more rights than they have right now. But at the same time they should not have WAY too much power, otherwise EE would be a chaotic mess.
We hope EE will become a place where people can have fun with things they normally cant get.

Here is our thoughts on the issues.

Issues

We focus on the ,,More freedom,, route, but we dont want to make people too powerfull that they get out of hand. We think EE needs to change for the better while we have more staff to keep EE a very friendly game.
,,A great machine needs even greater parts,,

How long will it take me to get banned again?
Place your bets right here.

#71 2016-03-25 14:49:54

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

bobithan pls
i updated my post (on first page)
pls update the candidates list

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#72 2016-03-25 15:01:04, last edited by Pingohits (2016-03-25 20:35:27)

Pingohits
Banned

EE CAMPAIGN CONSPIRACY ALL CANDIDATES EXCEPT EGG PARTY PERFORM BLASPHEMY CONSIPRACY
GREEN PARTY IS TOTALITARIAN
HEARING PARTY IS ACTUALLY BRAINWASH PARTY
THE WINNING PARTY'S PRESIDENT EATS PASTE
STD PARTY WILL GIVE YOU SEXUALLY TRANSMITTED DISEASES
CENTRIST PARTY OF EE IS BORING
BENJAMINSONS ARE ACTUALLY NAZIS

OPEN YOUR EYES AND SEE ALL THE PEOPLE! VOTE FOR EGG PARTY! ALL OTHER MEMBERS ARE BAD AND SHOULD FEEL BAD! VOTE FOR EGG PARTY!

"BROK UR LEG? VOTE FOR EGG!"

791mAP8.png

Wooted by:

Nou

#73 2016-03-25 15:27:53

Bobithan

maxi123 wrote:

bobithan pls
i updated my post (on first page)
pls update the candidates list

Sry I'm not checking every post for updates //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad

I'm going to update that post to have links to introductory posts instead so ppl can easily update them and so that post isn't a complete mess

#74 2016-03-25 15:34:20

ZeldaXD
EE Homeboy
Website

Pingohits wrote:
BENJAMINSONS ARE ACTUALLY NAZIS

The slogans matches are pure coincidence. A question to you Mr. Pingohits, how do you explain the "666" in your propaganda huh?

gLjTZE1.png

Wooted by:

Ben

#75 2016-03-25 15:37:04

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

ZeldaXD wrote:

pure coincidence.

Is it pure coincidence that your campaigning poster looks exactly like Sbeam, from the third update?

Hidden text

Minimania1460415284595140

Board footer