Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-03-09 15:36:32

OINX

code door / code block

kOHW6ex.png

that solid block shall look a bit like this decoration. When you are near that block within a 1-block-radius (in any of the spots, that have little dots)(the dots don't show, it just gives you the idea what kind of radius I'm talking about)
a window pops up, just like when you touch a sign. you can then enter a code made of numbers or letters or both and the block will open.

everytime you want to set this block, you can set a new code, otherwise another "terminal-block" will have the same code.

why can this be useful? it is like a checkpoint, even after logging out of the game, you can re-enter and continue after using the code, if the level creater put them on certain places.

i know the code can be told in the chat, that one is the downside. but it is the decision of the one who earned the code with hard effort to tell it to others or not, so they can skip what he had worked for.

can be useful in gem huntings or coop levels or any other level, if you want.

-------------
another option is to connect the code to open this door with a sign, that belongs to that block. so when you read that sign, it says.
the code for door 3 is: 54100

now you think, why is that even necessary?

well, what if the one entering the code is allowed to change it, pass by that door, which closes automatically after it recognized, that it was passed by and another radius point was passed by too... or that code is changed automatically. then you would see the new code on that sign.

-------------------------
well, reading this again I'm seeing the flaws. so here is another try //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

there is still the sign, whih shows you the code to a certain code-block, the block will open after the right code and also close automatically somehow after being passed by.

you have to place both blocks, the sign and the code-block. the code sign for the block to have one and the block itself.
setting the block comes with one of these options to choose:

option 1: auto codeS (by default), every player sees a code, that was created only for him by the rng, like the switch, which works only for one. other players see a different code. <- this is actually a smooth solution

option 2: manual code (same code for all players) + option 3 (edit code), which is only available with option 2 combined: a new code can be set after using the correct code. then that code automatically changed for people, who look at the sign, so they better not arrive after having seen the old code.

short version:
option 1 sets auto codes for everyone, which is a random 5 digit number.
option 2 alone can be a number or a text without punctuation marks.
option 2+3 starts with a code by the editor, which can be changed by everyone, who is inserting the right code. the new code can be a number or a text again, like "4242553" or "nou is nub".
for that option 2 and 3 you have two lines:
code:
new code:         "   can be left empty    "                            (enter) with mouse click or keyboard

(  ° ,(oo)° ) oink oink

Wooted by:

#2 2016-03-09 16:00:17

Koya
Fabulous Member

Re: code door / code block

Why not have checkpoints that go between sessions?

Po9cnQh.png

PLNQVL8.png
Thank you eleizibeth ^

1SYOldu.png

I stack my signatures rather than delete them so I don't lose them
giphy.gif

WfSi4mm.png

Wooted by: (3)

#3 2016-03-09 18:18:51

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Koya wrote:

Why not have checkpoints that go between sessions?

This is not very relevant plus there is already a topic for this but yeah I agree.

#4 2016-03-09 21:12:12

OINX

if there was a set code, then you could use it after clsing the game. a checkpoint would not work after a log out.

(  ° ,(oo)° ) oink oink

OINX1457554332587601

Board footer