Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-02-26 23:15:49

TiKen

Please, steal this idea and make something awesome

People have always complained about the the lack of imagination among other bot-makers (<snip?>).

A while ago I started a topic, giving up some ideas of bots, and while I am still lazy, I have even less time than before (you know, work & study blablabla).

However, with a recent update, something came up: The coin message now sends the coordinates of the player! I wanted to revive the last idea presented in the topic: Create a worm-like bot (or Shell Shock/SSL2).
The goal is to aim and destroy the ground; and/or a base/tank of the opponent. To validate the idea I created a small prototype a bit buggy which worked rather fine considering the small amount on time I spent on it.
Whenever a player take a coin, he is killed/teleported back to a point, and the ground around the coin he touched is destroyed. Coins are then recreated around the landscape.
IrT6XP3.png
Ask lrussell about it, he apparently had fun methodically destroying the landscape.

Many improvements could be done: blocks with different resistance (need X shot to destroy) or various ammunition (create bigger holes, destroy special blocks, etc...).

So here I am, throwing this idea away for people who want to create new bots. Steal this one ! Have fun and be imaginative !

Wooted by: (3)

#2 2016-02-27 00:56:38

lrussell
Website

Re: Please, steal this idea and make something awesome

All I did is place a bunch of spawn points across the level.
There, now ask me nothing! https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL

#3 2016-02-27 17:28:50

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

Depending on how laggy the bot was, if the coins were placed as in the screenshot, a player would probably be able to hit several before being teleported.

Might be better to have single yellow coins at, idk, bomb sites your team has to destroy. Blue coins could spawn spikes for a few seconds, to be used for defence of these sites.

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

#4 2016-02-27 17:44:33

ZeldaXD
EE Homeboy
Website

Captain9 made a worms bot for the bot competition if I remember correctly.

gLjTZE1.png

Wooted by:

#5 2016-02-27 20:08:03

TiKen

Tomahawk wrote:

Depending on how laggy the bot was, if the coins were placed as in the screenshot, a player would probably be able to hit several before being teleported.

Might be better to have single yellow coins at, idk, bomb sites your team has to destroy. Blue coins could spawn spikes for a few seconds, to be used for defence of these sites.

Well, in the version I made, people were indeed able to take multiple coins, leading to wider explosions. However, nothing stops you from only taking into account the first one and just replacing the others so the player can explode them again.
It was not due to the bot being laggy, but just the response time between the sent /kill command and the players processing.

ZeldaXD wrote:

Captain9 made a worms bot for the bot competition if I remember correctly.

Yep, there was one, but not using the player as the actual bullet/missile ^^

#6 2016-02-27 20:35:46

den3107

Little fix you could use on laggy pcs and/or the delay in messages: Only listen to the first coin the said player touches. You know a new 'first coin' can be touched again when you respawned the player.

My main question would be though: How do you want to aim and shoot a player? A player has influence on it's trajectory after being shot out a couple boosts while obviously a bullet, shell and even rocket doesn't (Just because of it's shear speed already).

den31071456601746585658

Board footer