Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#26 2015-10-21 23:22:14

ktostam450

Re: The art of killing art.

minimania wrote:

Why would new users bother with art if it's going to take a year to get all of the blocks, or 5 dollars just to have them temporarily?
Think about it.

Exactly! This is what my profile on EE Yonom says:

If you wanted to buy every item with energy, you would need
299 625 energy

and you had to wait
1 year 5 months 3 days 4 hours 22 minutes 30 seconds.

That's all energy smileys + all energy blocks + around 100 of each limited blocks + a few worlds. That's ridiculous.

#27 2015-10-22 00:00:44, last edited by Koya (2015-10-22 00:03:15)

Koya
Fabulous Member

ktostam450 wrote:
minimania wrote:

Why would new users bother with art if it's going to take a year to get all of the blocks, or 5 dollars just to have them temporarily?
Think about it.

299 625 energy

and you had to wait

That's all energy smileys + all energy blocks + around 100 of each limited blocks + a few worlds. That's ridiculous.

Or worse

779 415 : energy 3 years 8 months 14 days 3 hours 37 minutes 30 seconds. (Although I do have 142 worlds and they're mainly great or massive worlds)

New players need to have more blocks to start with for sure.

Po9cnQh.png

PLNQVL8.png
Thank you eleizibeth ^

1SYOldu.png

I stack my signatures rather than delete them so I don't lose them
giphy.gif

WfSi4mm.png

#28 2015-10-22 00:03:13, last edited by Abelysk (2015-10-22 00:04:07)

Abelysk

What if we had all the blocks and BG unlocked, but the Energy was only used for Portals, Signs, Hazards, Cake/Holograms, Worlds, and Smilies? That would be sooo much better and easier on the community.

Wooted by:

#29 2015-10-22 16:18:36

skullz17

Itsmeandersonlol wrote:

What if we had all the blocks and BG unlocked, but the Energy was only used for Portals, Signs, Hazards, Cake/Holograms, Worlds, and Smilies? That would be sooo much better and easier on the community.

I would prefer the other way round. Or a one-time purchase for everything.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

#30 2015-10-22 17:15:19

Krosis
Formerly Arkonagames
Website

ktostam450 wrote:
minimania wrote:

Think about it.

299 625 energy

and you had to wait

actually, no, you have almost 100 smileys that are energy-brought, and expensive, also you have many portals/switches that are expensive too, i think to buy all blocks you need around 4 months, with the new prices

Krosis.gif

#31 2015-10-23 01:55:01

Breadfinn

too much to read

5671.jpg

Wooted by: (6)

#32 2015-10-23 04:34:16, last edited by Xenonetix (2015-10-23 04:38:58)

Xenonetix
Past Owner
Website

Dazz wrote:

...after five years people grow up and move on.

They do? Maybe I live in Neverland.

Koya wrote:
ktostam450 wrote:

This is what my profile on EE Yonom says:

299 625 energy

and you had to wait

Or worse

779 415 : energy 3 years 8 months 14 days 3 hours 37 minutes 30 seconds. (Although I do have 142 worlds and they're mainly great or massive worlds)

Or worse still: 978 055 energy, 4 years 7 months 24 days 17 minutes 30 seconds.

I should aim for 1M!

Xenonetix-2.png

Wooted by: (2)

#33 2015-10-23 11:49:17

Dazz

Mega Lamb wrote:
Dazz wrote:

...after five years people grow up and move on.

They do? Maybe I live in Neverland.

Well, most of them //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile  hey, at least you're not alone in Neverland, hello neighbour!

#34 2015-10-23 13:43:50

madiik

Suddenly , the thread derailed from the course of art to Neverland.

shh i have returned

#35 2015-10-23 17:40:28, last edited by Pyromaniac (2015-10-23 17:41:21)

Pyromaniac
Official Caroler

Im not going to read the rest of the posts. But...

I personally think its gotten easier to make art. If I was ever considered "good" at art, it was a loong time ago and it was, quite frankly, only because everyone else was pretty damn bad at it. But there have been so many new updates to the game since then. Backgrounds, decorations, hella new blocks... Some people adapted and some people (like me) didn't. The people that adapted became insanely good at making both ingame and minimap art. Through some black magic or sacrificial ritual (looking at you, stagecrew, honeybuckles, etc) they are now able to create these incredible 'pieces' of art (i'm still a little wary of calling anything in this game art, or encouraging the idea that it requires some kind of actual skill. Cough cough music pack users cough cough. Sorry, tangent over) I think what happened to all the other artists is what happened to me. We didn't adapt and we were left in the dust by the newer 'generation' or whatever you want to call it, of players.

Its not a bad thing. I think I saw that Nou said it when i was scanning the first page, its just the evolution of the game.

#36 2015-11-03 17:21:26

Dazz

Pyromaniac wrote:

Im not going to read the rest of the posts. But...

I personally think its gotten easier to make art. If I was ever considered "good" at art, it was a loong time ago and it was, quite frankly, only because everyone else was pretty damn bad at it. But there have been so many new updates to the game since then. Backgrounds, decorations, hella new blocks... Some people adapted and some people (like me) didn't. The people that adapted became insanely good at making both ingame and minimap art. Through some black magic or sacrificial ritual (looking at you, stagecrew, honeybuckles, etc) they are now able to create these incredible 'pieces' of art (i'm still a little wary of calling anything in this game art, or encouraging the idea that it requires some kind of actual skill. Cough cough music pack users cough cough. Sorry, tangent over) I think what happened to all the other artists is what happened to me. We didn't adapt and we were left in the dust by the newer 'generation' or whatever you want to call it, of players.

Its not a bad thing. I think I saw that Nou said it when i was scanning the first page, its just the evolution of the game.

You're right they adapted, you didn't practice enough to keep up even though you had potential and I still think you have. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile Honeybuckles was a special case she just came conquered and left, she was talented but not as much into EE as the rest of us. I don't call it ART either, it has nothing to do with real art but still... anyway... I guess this will die, art or whatever.

#37 2015-11-03 18:09:21

madiik

I refuse to let art die.

I do not create much art but ya, I used to make art.

shh i have returned

#38 2016-02-20 19:22:47

Evilbunny

minimisaurio wrote:

All who defend ee artist bot are not real artist, just kids who want have a tool that let them look like real artist, all artist who leave the game because that bot crush the real artist desires of show players the beatiful experience of creativity; Bots are venom, ee absolutely can and it could breath and stay awake with out bots, without them all; Like we was saw, when bots was not exist in ee, that days ee was have two thousands players online, with out all the stupid bots; When bots born players start to leave the game, cursed by bots, making players lazy, making the real goal of the game fade away; Any bot is fundamental, any bot is necesary for ee, all of them are crap, just to make players lazy, just to murder ee inside, silently, slowly, any bot is made by justified reason, all of them are made by cheaters that must get ban for making the game experience dirty and let some players use it to lie and cheat; Bots are used without any control, the few rules that exist are not enought, bots are eating ee alive, bots are doing ee a meaningless game, a game of no player.

Bots aren't killing EE. Bots push EE to new levels. Enhanced gameplay is always a good thing. Art bots look cool but they don't get any respect as actual art, they aren't hurting anybody in any way.

Evilbunny (in cursive)

Wooted by:

#39 2016-02-20 19:37:51

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

minimisaurio wrote:
Evilbunny wrote:

Bots aren't killing EE. Bots push EE to new levels. Enhanced gameplay is always a good thing. Art bots look cool but they don't get any respect as actual art, they aren't hurting anybody in any way.

No, you wrong, bots are killing ee, probably you cheat a lot in ee, and yes, they hurt feelings of real artist, that is why they leave ee.

Just because printing was invented does not mean painters will stop painting.

#40 2016-02-20 19:43:38

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Wow I ninja'd you so much that I replied to your post before you even wrote it

Wooted by:

#41 2016-02-20 20:07:20

gkaby
Website

i dont use bots and i generally dont like bot levels, but i do not think bots are killing ee

why are bots killing ee now rather than before, or why did it take so long for bots to kill ee?
afaik art bots have been around a very long time, like at least since ee artist with zalgryth or maybe with something with ee animator if it could put pictures into ee
i dont have any proof but iirc a large number of ppl used ee artist, with there being whole levels dedicated to the owner just animating picture after picture onto the level
and though im not very active today, i rarely if ever see any animated levels these days

idk

#42 2016-02-20 20:34:05

Xfrogman43

Not every bot is an art bot

zsbu6Xm.png thanks zoey aaaaaaaaaaaand thanks latif for the avatar

#43 2016-02-20 20:47:55

skullz17

Also eeartist existed in 2011 I think and the game wasn't doing too bad at that time. To me, the one year vacation was the largest and most obvious cause of the game's death. The weekly updates built up to this, but you can think of the weekly updates as a pile of gunpowder, whereas the one year vacation was the lighting of the gunpowder.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

#44 2016-02-20 21:39:53

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

skullz17 wrote:

To me, the one year vacation was the largest and most obvious cause of the game's death.

If this game ever "died" as so many people think it did it do you care to explain why there would still be hundreds of players still playing, confident that the game is still "alive"?

#45 2016-02-20 22:00:31

Evilbunny

minimisaurio wrote:
Evilbunny wrote:

No, you wrong, bots are killing ee, probably you use a lot bots in ee, that is why you support them, and yes, they hurt feelings of real artist, that is why they leave ee.

I hardly play bot levels and I haven't used bots for anything other than just trying them out. I support them because a lot of other people like them

If you could give me a list of artists who left EE because of bots, that would be nice.

Evilbunny (in cursive)

#46 2016-02-20 22:22:10

Evilbunny

minimisaurio wrote:
Evilbunny wrote:

give me a list of artists (not only artist leaved) who left EE because of bots

No, i dont go to give you any list, and i am sure the thousand of people that quit when bots born are more than that ¨a lot of people¨ you allude, bots are an horrible disaster for ee.

Don't use bots as a scapegoat. People left because the game went a long time without updates, not because of bots. You haven't even explained why people would leave because of bots, that makes 0 sense.

Evilbunny (in cursive)

Wooted by:

#47 2016-02-20 23:32:10

Napakeun
Formerly goodsmile

I don't agree that bots were such bad influence on EE. The bots are the interesting part of EE history. Worlds with them were popular, always lot's of players in them... And the EEArtist was just for fun nothing sirious, I mean you could always tell apart from real hand made art and bot made art.

One of the biggest reasons why people left EE is probably just getting bored and growing out of it. You can't just expect that everyone will stay with this game from day 1 to their death.

#48 2016-02-21 00:17:45, last edited by gkaby (2016-02-21 00:18:25)

gkaby
Website

minimisaurio it is hard for me to believe that bots had such an influence on artists quitting ee

i used to make a lot more art now than i do now, but i didnt stop because of bots, i stopped because i became lazy (not that im calling everyone lazy, just that i simply didnt stop because of bots)

other than dazz, i do not remember anyone who has explicitly said that they quit making ee art because of the art bots

you yourself appear to not have quit because in recent times you have released at least two levels that included art and minigames,

just because you say that thousands of people quit ee because of bots, doesnt mean that there are actually thousands of people who quit ee because of bots

idk

Wooted by: (2)
gkaby1456010265584295

Board footer