Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#201 2016-02-13 07:20:42

Onjit
Website

Re: Mafia 4 game thread (Day 2)

O jeez

I should really stop, like, living on the other side of the world. I miss all the juice.

---

Hostage, Smitty, Tako, and Bobithan are AFK and should be prodded.

Processor is trying to be the boss. (Like Rhaz did last game, and we all know how that turned out)

Is there a town swapper? (I think it's called the Bus Driver?) Because then the other neutral might not be a witch. Probably would be Executioner or Jester IMO.

:.|:;

#202 2016-02-13 07:24:51

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

Onjit wrote:

Is there a town swapper? (I think it's called the Bus Driver?) Because then the other neutral might not be a witch

anak specifically said controlled instead of transported

although he could have fudged the phrasing a bit to mislead us into believing there was a witch?

proc's discorb UnGdm07.gif stylish themes for forums/the game UnGdm07.gif
꧁꧂L O V E & C O R N꧁꧂   ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
danke bluecloud thank u raphe   Gq8tv9Z.gif [this section of my sig is dedicated to everything i've loved that's ever died]
? Hc0cu9u.gif         6yG4Efc.gif

#203 2016-02-13 11:10:28

RhazzleFrazzle

Calicara's slot in the game has been compromised. Unfortunately I have no choice but to modkill her. Remember that you can't use any outside means to discuss the game while it is ongoing. Calicara's role will be revealed at the end of the day along with whoever is lynched.

#204 2016-02-13 11:26:31

RhazzleFrazzle

Nobody talk about the incident with Calicara. I won't let it affect the game more than it already has, and I'd rather just try to control whatever damage it caused without letting it affect the game too hard.

#205 2016-02-13 12:08:13

Processor

Onjit wrote:

Processor is trying to be the boss. (Like Rhaz did last game, and we all know how that turned out)

Except now I hope that you don't make the same mistake.

Let me make this announcement:
I am processor, your official nub, and I will LEAD THIS TOWN TO VICTORY! So get on my side.

Let me introduce to you my opinion on zoey:

Zoey2070 wrote:

although he could have fudged the phrasing a bit to mislead us into believing there was a witch?

How would that work? Finish your thought process please.
If he was scum, I doubt he would roleclaim. I've already explained why in the past.

Zoey2070 wrote:

i think proc's tryina take control of the game; depending on whether he's a mafia-leader-let's-dupe-them or an actual trying-to-let-town-win-for-once; either way i think as a person who's hosted a mafia game, he's frustrated.

"Oh damn, you are right, processor posts a lot, I totally didn't notice that."
Sorry for being too active? I can't see where you are trying to go with this.

Zoey2070 wrote:

i also think that proc is p quick to vote. hmm

Quick? We were +24 hours and 60 posts into the day? Tell me how that is "quick" by your standards. You are just finding excuses to accuse me at this point...

Zoey2070 wrote:

the other person who was RBed also isn't fessing up, so. creature didn't HAVE to confirm it, could have said she was lying. = muh chaos. i don't think creature's mafia.

If he didn't, calicara would be lynched tonight, creature would be lynched tomorrow. Are you always this shortsighted? I don't think so. This is very misleading, goddammit.

Zoey2070 wrote:

after making a p nice albeit probably unreadable graph

Let me point out that this is still very useless and isn't going to help us. (See how the old graph in game 3 also was useless)

Zoey2070 wrote:

tbt to when i didn't make a kill as an SK

Except we know that Anak probably RB'd someone and it is very likely that they hit the mafia.

This is my theory: Mafia swapped themselves with Tako to prevent any damage, but Anak actually roleblocked Tako, surprising them.

Zoey2070 wrote:

> don't post often consistently for four games (mostly because i'm lazy)
> still get called out for it
> mfw that's just how i play bc i have nothing valuable to input

Oh I'm so sorry but this is basically saying: "**** you town, I am going to make you lose this game sorry"
Very good attitude. You're totally giving me the towny vibes right now.

Zoey2070 wrote:

but right, i, the person who actually posts at least on occasion, is definitely more suspicious than the people who haven't posted at all

Are you kidding me? You are active on the forums and you are intentionally being super unhelpful. Your behavior is going to make town lose.

----

Zoey has 9 posts and 6 of them are useless.

Here is some meta on zoey:
In both games 1+2 when Zoey was scum, she was very inactive. Just like she is right now. In game 3, except during the last day, she was much more cooperative.
This strong disinterest in the game is very familiar:

!vote Zoey2070

I have never thought of programming for reputation and honor. What I have in my heart must come out. That is the reason why I code.

#206 2016-02-13 12:25:22

Hostage
Banned
Website

Wow so much goddamn discussion
i have no idea what to add though,there's no prodding,but i don't wanna be accused of being under the radar.
proc is acting a bit like creature last game,and we know what creature was last game.the mafia's lord and saviour.
altough proc is making good points,just like creature...
it's kinda rushed to vote against "under the radars" D1,its just the first day.
we should focus on other proof than inactivity.
let's discuss some more though.

35fa6ee9efa7e42687d426ffeba72dbdb9a95cbfb7d221d698ca2146feebab7c.jpg

#207 2016-02-13 12:45:07

Processor

If you read my review on Creature, you see I pointed out some faults in his play. Him making a lot of posts was not one of them.

Yes I make a lot of posts, yes they make sense. It doesn't mean that I am scum though.

I agree that we shouldn't be lynching people on their (in)activity, but if someone is inactive we have nothing else to analyse other than the fact that they are inactive.

Zoey is obviously lurking and she even admitted it herself. I believe we can read into that. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

I think she knows herself that she often makes scumslips (she just implied that she is intentionally avoiding posts, another slip), which is why she is trying to post as little as possible.
She only has 3-4 useful posts, that is a lot more manageable than my ~50 posts.

I have never thought of programming for reputation and honor. What I have in my heart must come out. That is the reason why I code.

#208 2016-02-13 13:06:47

Processor

A little update on Maxi123:

His softclaim made me feel a bit better about him. I'll give him a town pass for today. Same goes for Creature, until we learn about Calicara's role tonight.

I'm now looking for new targets. Zoey is my biggest scumread at this point.

W24 might be a jester.
SmittyW, Tako, Bobithan are super super inactive.
Hostage is unreadabe, someone please investigate them tonight.
There is not much to be said about Pyro, Evilbunny and Onjit.

Which leads me to the following readslist:

Processor's ReadList V2.1

Town
Processor
Calicara
Anak
W24
Maxi123
Creature
Pyromaniac
Evilbunny
Onjit
Hostage
Tako
SmittyW
Bobithan
Zoey2070
Scum

#209 2016-02-13 14:05:19

Anak

Processor wrote:

@Anak: Please explain why you thought RBing Tako was a good idea. It seems like an odd choice...

I just chose him randomly. There wasn't anything to go by on Day 1, and I figured my role would be more helpful doing something than nothing.

Zoey2070 wrote:
Onjit wrote:

Is there a town swapper? (I think it's called the Bus Driver?) Because then the other neutral might not be a witch

anak specifically said controlled instead of transported

I meant controlled.

#210 2016-02-13 14:16:38

Processor

Processor wrote:
Zoey2070 wrote:

after making a p nice albeit probably unreadable graph

Let me point out that this is still very useless and isn't going to help us. (See how the old graph in game 3 also was useless)

I didn't really look at this too much, it looked a lot like another accusation graph like in game 3. It wasn't and I take back what I said. I decided to do a in-depth analysis:

Starting with calicara on top right:
"(Creature) didn't mention RB until RB mention 103"
Calicara essentially hardclaimed her role. You don't expect people to do that out of nowhere. Otherwise you'd be telling mafia exactly who they want to lynch every night. I think her reaction was proper. It wasn't too late, see below.

"(Anak) brought up way late"
Roleclaims shouldn't happen at all in my opinion. They guarantee your death as soon as doctor dies. It makes sense that she was hesitant to claim at first.

"(Calicara) If consort => Anak=town"
This makes sense. Mafia wouldn't just claim two RBers and accuse each other.

"(Anak) If mafia => Calicara=town"
Same as above.

"(Calicara) If town => Anak=maf"
Why? We could have 2 RBers and her reaction wasn't out of place.

"(Calicara) Is definitely at least a RBer => why does Anak doubt that?"
For the exact same reason that you think Anak must be mafia if Calicara is town.

"(Someone else) Not coming out w/ it means that might be mafia"
Great point. Agreed.

"(Someone else) Not coming out w/ it means that might be mafia => need witch input which would probably get them lynched"
Yeah. Witch or bus driver. In both cases, they dont seem to be town aligned, because they aren't helping us. Maybe neutral maybe mafia.

"Neutral is witch, not exe b/c there is witch / SK"
See below. I'd rather not POE like this yet, the witch could be mafia alligned.

"why does proc say tako is town when tako hasn't even posted?"
Because I believe the witch/bus driver is most likely mafia aligned. They swapped tako with themselves to make sure they wouldn't be killed/rbed.
I seriously didn't expect anyone to roleblock Tako, like, come on...

Mafia swapped their most vulnerable member with Tako. Who was likely to be RB'd last night? hmmm
Based on activity,Maxi, Creature and Zoey2070 come to my mind. (I left out Anak and myself out of that list for obvious reasons)

"=> whatre [?] proc's suspecious? Rhazh hasn't [???] used RNG (MI) [?] & hasn't had a non town role muh gamblrs fallacy tho"
Please.

"Proc! v. quick to vote"
No it wasn't quick. I was the first to vote but I didn't vote quickly. I also analyzed both Creature/Maxi123 a lot before placing my vote on them.

"tldr = Anak's target is probably the mafia. gj witch"
I like this. It's good to see that we are on the same page.

#211 2016-02-13 14:33:52

Anak

Processor wrote:

"(Anak) brought up way late"
Roleclaims shouldn't happen at all in my opinion. They guarantee your death as soon as doctor dies. It makes sense that she was hesitant to claim at first.

I don't think I brought it up too late. I found it necessary to bring up, and I wouldn't have outed myself if Calicara hadn't.

Calicara outed 3 hours after I had initially posted (in fact, me, Creature, and Calicara had all posted just after the Day started) Considering Creature hadn't backed up her claim until about 15 minutes, I didn't feel it necessary to post yet, as her claim couldn't be verified. I then outed myself 5 minutes after Creature confirmed, so I don't think that's late at all.

Wooted by:

#212 2016-02-13 15:14:25

W24
Website

Although I do agree with processor on Hostage, I doubt he'd be mafia since he was mafia last game.

yqSDpmp.png

#213 2016-02-13 15:25:30

Processor

W24 wrote:

since he was mafia last game.

Roles are chosen randomly afaik, so he is just as likely as anyone else to be mafia.

#214 2016-02-13 15:58:09

Onjit
Website

Processor wrote:
W24 wrote:

Roles are chosen randomly afaik, so he is just as likely as anyone else to be mafia.

Also, gambler's fallacy. Just because something happened once, the odds of it happening are not changed.

Wooted by:

#215 2016-02-13 15:58:35

Onjit
Website

Onjit wrote:
Processor wrote:
W24 wrote:

Also, gambler's fallacy. Just because something happened once, the odds of it happening again are not changed.

*typo

#216 2016-02-13 16:00:18

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

Pyromaniac wrote:

Also maxi, I think playing aggressively isn't a valid alibi. You were in the last game and saw how people claimed mafia was always passive. So if you're mafia you might have been trying to place suspicion on calicara or whoever through "jokes"..

yeah remember when i played aggressively game 3 to carry out the situation? you hammered me
also, everyone here with at least a little bit sense of humor realises that D1 is a day for pure jokes. well except you and proc

honestly this whole thing with "omg u disagree with me u must be buddying him!!!" is a giant bull****, literally anyone can call two people buddying if one of them disagrees with whoever accused the 2nd one
example (just an example, not claiming any facts) - i say proc is mafia, 2 towns say he isnt i say u 3 buddy and ur mafia
makes no sense right

also can someone explain what jester is/does

right now i dont know who to suspect, zoey seems a bit scummy but i would want to hear something from the lurkers (tako being the first one in queue)

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#217 2016-02-13 16:09:22

Onjit
Website

maxi123 wrote:

also can someone explain what jester is/does

http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Jester

Their aim is to be lynched.

also that wiki is pretty useful to learn what the terms/roles are. worth checking out if you are confused

Wooted by:

#218 2016-02-13 16:21:02

Pyromaniac
Official Caroler

Ok I just went back and re-read all the pages so I think I'm caught up.

Processor- He's being VERY pushy and has changed votes like 200 times. I really, really, REALLY want to say that this makes him scummy because he could be trying to make us believe him just through sheer force of personality. That being said, if he was mafia, he's not doing a very good job. He's changing targets too much to be trying to put the pressure on specific players. Also the fact that he's changed his vote so much could have him go both ways. On one hand, if he was mafia, he could be trying to confuse the town. But if he's town he could just be changing his mind a lot.

Overall, I'm not going to make the mistake I made last game and assume the pushy person is mafia and doggedly go after them (because as it turns out, I gave said pushy person too much credit). But i'm still suspicious  of anyone who just declares themselves to be a town leader without any evidence besides their big personality to back them up.

Zoey- I'm with Processor on her, but maybe not enough to vote. Yet.  We know that you're active on the forums, but you just refuse to post here? Saying that "Well I never contribute so..." isn't an alibi. Lurking is super suspicious. I have nothing else to say that proc didn't already point out.

Maxi-You've been super quick to defend yourself. I think that this could be seen as a tell. You did the same thing that Hostage did last game with the "haha I'm going to make a joke", and then he turned out to be mafia. I dont think thats a valid reason to lynch you, however. But your excuses have been pretty thin.

W24- I still dont know why Processor is so convinced that you're town. Although since you have begun posting I've been growing less and less suspicious of you. I dont have much else to say.

Onjit- Different timezone, blah blah blah, but what he has posted has been at least kinda helpful (unlike zoey -.-)

Anak- I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't still a little confused on what happened with the whole Calicara/RB thing, but I suppose that'll be solved soon enough when her role is revealed.

AFK PEOPLE- nothing to say except tako's looking p bad with NEVER POSTING.

Wooted by:

W24

#219 2016-02-13 16:24:16

Pyromaniac
Official Caroler

I forgot to do Creature- Kinda suspcious of him. He stopped posting a lot after people began suspecting him. This makes me think that he could be mafia because of the whole "oh **** I should be more passive" shtick that mafia tends to do. Nothing concrete on him yet from me, though.

#220 2016-02-13 16:25:31

Pyromaniac
Official Caroler

Also has anyone else besides processor voted recently?

#221 2016-02-13 16:27:27

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

Pyromaniac wrote:

You did the same thing that Hostage did last game with the "haha I'm going to make a joke", and then he turned out to be mafia

i guess hostage just doesnt know how to crack dat memes
it was D1, it was obvious he was joking, he just failed to make that behavior like when ur joking and went super serious, i guess
plus i didnt even make the joke with cali, i told her to take creature's joke in an adequate maner

Pyromaniac wrote:

You've been super quick to defend yourself

what, am i supposed to ignore people's accusations on me?
i would rather prove them wrong

i8SwC8p.png

Wooted by:

#222 2016-02-13 16:28:29

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

Pyromaniac wrote:

Also has anyone else besides processor voted recently?

i voted on proc, then unvoted when realised i overreacted

i8SwC8p.png

#223 2016-02-13 16:30:57

Anak

Maxi voted Processor, I think Zoey voted but I don't remember

#224 2016-02-13 16:32:43

Pyromaniac
Official Caroler

Also guys I'm home for the weekend so I'm probably not gonna post THAT much for the next 2-3 days. Fair warning

#225 2016-02-13 16:52:13

W24
Website

I'd like to have processor or maxi123 checked.

Maxi123 due to reasons in my earlier post.
Processor because he's being a bit pushy.

yqSDpmp.png

TaskManager1455570683583252

Board footer