Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-02-01 14:00:50

Coolguy789t
Website

Steam? Kickstarter? Unity? Commercial? We need to start going up

Everybody Edits really needs more visitors to make the game more useful and "educational" (I guess). I just read about this topic: http://forums.everybodyedits.com/viewtopic.php?id=33129 and what we really need is PEOPLE. The only problem is that EE has less features and that's why bots are made. What this game really needs is to have more features (Like PvP, CtF, ran out of ideas xD) and to make this game be partnered by Unity or Steam or Kickstarter. Steam would be really the best. If EE achieved this kind of goal well, we win plus EVERYBODY needs to cooperate in order to achieve this kind of goal. It may sound hard but it is worth it. To attract people EE must have interesting features not only for the kids but for the teens and adults as well. If this happens youtubers might play this game which will really make the game popular. I hope that the future of the game will be wonderful as every other game... and hopefully this will happen if everybody just cooperate.

3d459b6fee6eec5f144bdb756a00af3b

29305aaba23571c898f57aebb55fe2df

723923e9bc614ef90cb8cbcda3b5daa4

#2 2016-02-01 14:14:36

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

Re: Steam? Kickstarter? Unity? Commercial? We need to start going up

hmm.. when did you join everybody edits?

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#3 2016-02-01 14:14:44, last edited by AmdS (2016-02-01 14:19:21)

AmdS
Website

Everyone won't cooperate, dude. You know.

Rules are made for it and them always get banned. Idk, the update is just coming, just wait them.

Wooted by:

#4 2016-02-01 14:16:30, last edited by Zoey2070 (2016-02-01 20:51:23)

Coolguy789t
Website

maxi123 wrote:

hmm.. when did you join everybody edits?

2013 only 2 years lel

Most of everyone wants the game to get big so chances are great. (great now Im double posting and the flashing red thing is annoying)

#5 2016-02-01 14:21:03

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

Coolguy789t wrote:

EVERYBODY needs to cooperate in order to achieve this kind of goal. It may sound hard but it is worth it.

no

Coolguy789t wrote:

To attract people EE must have interesting features not only for the kids but for the teens and adults as well.

uh
its not like most of players here are veterans (teens/adults age) and nearly all campaigns are made for teens/adults in terms of difficulty

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#6 2016-02-01 14:24:32

Coolguy789t
Website

no

why not?

uh
its not like most of players here are veterans (teens/adults age) and nearly all campaigns are made for teens/adults in terms of difficulty

That's why we need to make EE more attractive like put it on Steam

#7 2016-02-01 14:28:28, last edited by rgl32 (2016-02-01 14:31:08)

rgl32

I don't think you read this http://forums.everybodyedits.com/viewtopic.php?id=31944 because it says it's going to move to unity, and also said they will try and get the game on steam also.

This game still has countless possibilities of stuff to be made even if you don't include bots. You could easily make a ctf type game with coins, a reset block (the new one) keys and portals, you could make a level for that without bots, however it might be harder to get people to stay on the same team, not sure if that part would be possible with the reset block, but could work if you replace coins with switches, then you could remove the reset block and use team colors. Unless you want to automatically move blocks, there is a lot you can do just with some creativity.

Wooted by:

#8 2016-02-01 14:43:36, last edited by Insanity (2016-02-01 15:08:20)

Insanity

Stop marketing it as a flash game. It gives off the childish vibe, and will probably turn away serious gamers that would actually like the game, but won't try it because it gives off the appearance that only 12 year old kids play it (for the most part, is accurate right now)

Make it a downloadable client and market it as a 2D sandbox platformer, change the homepage styling to look a bit more sleek instead of keeping Chris's old graphics, reinvent the entire look and style of the game without taking away from what the game is about. I feel like I'm playing a dead game when I log on because everything more or less looks exactly the same as when Chris was running it. Change everything, including the color themes on the main page to the font on the page as well as the page design to not have a flash client, but a download link for a downloadable client.

It'll seem a lot more professional and steam would be more likely to add a Free To Play game if they see it as more than a flash game. This industry is all about marketing once you already have the concept created. I feel like if you market it towards a wider range of age groups, instead of only 12 year old kids, you'll find far more success generating a playerbase.

I mean just look at this: http://www.teamfortress.com/

They added a download link right at the top of the page, along with fantastic graphics and colors to appeal to people, as well as the blog on the main page itself so users can catch up on the current game news and update news whilte they're deciding whether or not to download the game. Efficiency like this minimizes the amount of clicks a user needs to use to get to a certain amount of information and maximizes their exposure to what the game is about.

I would've gotten rid of Beta and Builders Club membership completely and replaced it with in-game purchases similiar to some very popular Free-To-Play games on Steam (TF2 and Warframe) and of course League of Legends (almost all the in-game revenue comes from players buying some type of skin that has no actual game impact). Color skins for the website that change the font and colors, special physics blocks, special smilies, special auras etc. Once people get involved in a game, they'll spend money on it. Things like BC doesn't appeal to most because they see it as a subscription they have to repeatedly pay for. Permanent purchases is what motivates people to buy them. Warframe does this thing with each update called "Prime Access" where each update there are different things you get with each prime purchase, but it's permanent, not temporary, and they change it up each time, so that people who have purchased it before and enjoyed it, will purchase it again. I only cared about Beta for the 7 or 8 beta blocks and like 2 of the smileys, if you made them all separate purchases I would have bought them as separate purchases.

People love being exclusive, that's why they pay for things in-game. If you make everything available with energy nobody is going to buy things.

I completely disagree with adding gimmicks like "PvP" and "CTF" which will very easily become obsolete and boring real quick. The beauty of this game is that players have the tools to create the style of level they want to play. It's essentially 2D Minecraft with a more emphasis on movement (which is good because it raises the skill cap of the game very high), and we all know how successful MC is. The concept of EE is so brilliant it's sad to see such potential for growth in this game go to waste.

Yea, you can say that the player-base isn't dying, that it is growing everyday etc, but at the end of the day, the players take notice and It's very obvious that the game isn't going to expand anywhere soon at this pace.

I took the time to write this because I used to love the game and don't want to see such potential go to waste

Just my 2 centz

And of course, you could always hire a business analyst in the game development industry to help you out but I don't know if the revenue you guys currently get from the game is enough to pay salary for one.

Maverick: Started up on a 6, when he pulled from the clouds, and then I moved in above him.
Charlie: Well, if you were directly above him, how could you see him?
Maverick: Because I was inverted.

Wooted by: (5)

#9 2016-02-01 14:57:36

zioxei

I like EE the way it is - not too few and not too many players at the same time.

user.php?id=zioxei
user.php?id=thanksmom
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

#10 2016-02-01 15:14:27

Kaslai
Official Caroler

I think the game would do much better if it had more of a Mario Maker vibe to it. While having a lobby of active levels is good, it would be great to be able to browse highly rated but not-active levels, too.

Also... Really, the game would be much more enjoyable if it had entities that you can interact with. Even if they were completely client-sided, having monsters to squash or be squashed by would make the game an order of magnitude better.

It would also be nice to ditch the smilies, but unfortunately they're almost certainly here to stay.

Having PvP interaction would be really cool, but I'm also aware that it would require a massive fundamental change to the underlying engine and protocol to support it, so... I think that's probably out.

Wooted by: (5)

#11 2016-02-01 16:55:56

Prodigy

I got steam yesterday and now I want this game on EE and for sure there will be new players

h0qIF0q.png

#12 2016-02-02 00:11:20

hummerz5

Indeed, surveys (HA!) have shown that the communicating community on the forums is largely veteran status. The alleged new users either don't want to join in or don't speak english. (or don't exist)

how do we gain more users?

Insanity has good points, though I'm not sure which to get behind.

I see that the game entered a decline long ago. Continuing to pack things in hasn't made a huge change. Why not?

edit: oh, and perhaps we have many veterans because they're from the peak userbase. So perhaps we don't have any less of a user turnover rate... just less users?

#13 2016-02-02 00:46:12

oxidizer

If you want more people in EE, should share with everybody.

#14 2016-02-02 02:18:27

hummerz5

^That would be true, but a better plan of attack would use a bit more information.

How many people have seen EE but turned it down for some reason?

If that number is high, then we need to fix EE's problems.

If that number is low, then we need to find more people.

#15 2016-02-02 11:10:44

Hostage
Banned
Website

EE won't make it onto Steam.If steam has a quality test,we won't pass it.Due to steamers that only want good graphics,the game will get a hell load of hate.

35fa6ee9efa7e42687d426ffeba72dbdb9a95cbfb7d221d698ca2146feebab7c.jpg

#16 2016-02-02 12:50:43

Koya
Fabulous Member

Hostage wrote:

EE won't make it onto Steam.If steam has a quality test,we won't pass it.Due to steamers that only want good graphics,the game will get a hell load of hate.

There won't be an issue getting it Greenlit, as it is an existing working game with a following of players Steam will allow this through even if most of the people vote against it (which they won't, people who vote generally vote against legitimately bad games and vote for any well made games even if it is not in their genre - art style is irrelevant unless it is bad with no reason to be bad); the problems will arise with the influx of new players all at a beginner level:

• People will stop playing if they have to play for at least a year to get all items and some worlds or spend lots of money

• I don't know about how efficiently the reports are taken care of but opening up to Steam will mean more reports and more spam reports

• People will stop playing when they see what other people who have played for 5-6 years have done and what they have

The move to turn multiple blocks (coindoors/gates, spawn points, etc) as an unlimited purchase is smart and will ensure new players will stick around for longer, but I think that new players should get some free worlds (maybe after 24 hours of active playtime they get a handful of worlds, or 1st world of each type at a discounted price - measures will need to be introduced to stop people from creating lots of accounts to make a world series cheaper; but I doubt many would do that); also, after a year or two from the update the blocks (excluding classic blocks) should be given to players automatically so a new player will only be 2 years behind rather than 6.

tl;dr EE will get onto Steam easily but there will be a problem from the influx of new players.

Po9cnQh.png

PLNQVL8.png
Thank you eleizibeth ^

1SYOldu.png

I stack my signatures rather than delete them so I don't lose them
giphy.gif

WfSi4mm.png

Wooted by: (2)

#17 2016-02-02 12:56:17

Kaslai
Official Caroler

I do think that getting a Unity client, or even better, a NOT Unity client on Steam would benefit the game immensely. They could also even sell Steam-exclusive bundles like a lot of other F2P games with in-game purchases do, which would help bring up sales.

Wooted by: (2)

#18 2016-02-02 13:42:09

Hostage
Banned
Website

Although i don't see many f2p games that are multiplayer only.
games like tf2,unturned and other f2p succeeded because it has singleplayer and multiplayer,but it is not a major problem though.

Due to part of the steam community being ****,they'll probably post negative reviews like this:
-Some of the blocks are from that mario game and the basic smileys are emoji from facebook (not translated: omg som of bloks r from dat old mario gam and smilys r from facebuk)
-what the hell 2D (not translated: wtf dis **** is 2d wtf!11?!1?!!??!)
-why no singleplayer (not translated: wtffff bugs when i launch from offlin mod it buggs!11)
-takes so much time to get stuff (not translated: wtf so much tings 2 gt taks so much tgim)

ETC.
With these negative reviews,people will just look at the rating of it and see it mixed or something and then not get it.
But idk,people might play it.
If it does go on greenlight i don't think people will greenlight it.

#19 2016-02-02 13:49:47

Koya
Fabulous Member

Hostage wrote:

Although i don't see many f2p games that are multiplayer only.
games like tf2,unturned and other f2p succeeded because it has singleplayer and multiplayer,but it is not a major problem though.

TF2 single player is for school and rocket jumping practice (even then there are good servers for that)

Po9cnQh.png

PLNQVL8.png
Thank you eleizibeth ^

1SYOldu.png

giphy.gif

WfSi4mm.png

#20 2016-02-02 13:59:06, last edited by Hostage (2016-02-02 13:59:41)

Hostage
Banned
Website

Koya wrote:

tf2 singlplayer is for school and rocket jumping practice

still it has singleplayer regular matches just without your items and with bots
like what if your internet goes out and you're bored and just play singleplayer on a game

#21 2016-02-02 18:55:36

Michele
Formerly AntonioS300

I agree, the game needs more peoples so it goes world wide

Idler.jpg
XOsS4ha.gif

#22 2016-02-02 18:57:46

Koya
Fabulous Member

Hostage wrote:
Koya wrote:

tf2 singlplayer is for school and rocket jumping practice

still it has singleplayer regular matches just without your items and with bots
like what if your internet goes out and you're bored and just play singleplayer on a game

Luckily if you have TF2 then you have Steam so you can play another game which isn't multiplayer.

Po9cnQh.png

PLNQVL8.png
Thank you eleizibeth ^

1SYOldu.png

giphy.gif

WfSi4mm.png

Koya1454435866579846

Board footer