Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-01-30 18:21:15

KillThePope

Clicking "Allow" full screen button makes you edit world.

You are in a world and have edit. You go to options and go fullscreen. This message pops up at the top:
"everybodyedits.com Allow full screen with keyboard controls?"
You click "allow"
The game reads that you clicked there so it edits whichever block was behind the allow button.

In this example, a smiley face block is accidentally placed on the bg behind where the allow button was (because it was the block I had previously selected)

http://imgur.com/rHYpb9h
http://imgur.com/MtqRPGK

I like to switch quickly between different tabs particularly if I'm using a Google image to inspire a build. But my internet is slow so ee only works fullscreen. This means every time I flick back to ee I have to locate the block I removed from the block menu to replace it. Accidentally remove a portal or a sign, it takes even longer to fix.

I couldn't find this on the forums but it has been around for ages. Am I being stupid?
Could there be a shortcut to close the pop up or an option "do not show message again"? I have no idea.

Wooted by:

#2 2016-01-30 19:50:43

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Re: Clicking "Allow" full screen button makes you edit world.

Considering the notification is from the player's browser, I would think this is impossible to directly fix. However, it may be possible to make it not as easy to accidentally do, such as making the first click not edit any blocks, or  something like that.

Wooted by: (4)

#3 2016-01-30 23:09:51

rgl32

Re: Clicking "Allow" full screen button makes you edit world.

I Hate this so much. A few workarounds though, if there are people in the level you can spectate them then click the allow button, which is slow and not always possible, but doesn't make you accidentally click on something. And if you know where the allow button will appear you can use block picker to select that block before going to full screen which works but it's kind of stupid the memorize where the allow button will be. Obviously these are pretty slow and it would make a lot of sense to not register the first click when hitting the full screen button (what n1kf said) if it's possible.

However I don't know if this will be an issue when going to unity, not sure if it will go away or not.

rgl321454191791579178

Board footer