Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-01-15 03:25:59, last edited by Lictor666 (2016-01-15 03:35:25)

Lictor666

Multi-suggestion pack (player profile, world info and lobby)

Hello you !

Let's explain in a short way the idea before adding complex stuff :
- The player profile works as a crew profile,
- So each world can have the statue WIP or released,
- To save likes, favourites, low deaths and best time you need to released the level, once released you can't edit it,
- And the lobby is separated into these two sections : WIP and released, and no more "Rooms" and "Favourites".

Player profile

I think I saw this suggestion before, the goal is simply to make players profile same crews one.
The goal of this is to create the "work in progress" and "released" option for each world.

I'm not sure about the subscribe system, that'll be very weird. I'm already imagine these egoists players comparing the numbers of fans they have to proove theirself there're important... huuu.... that disgust me !

Maybe the number of subscribers can be hiden. I say that because conversely I think it'll be fun to have announcement by the players. That can create more "news" and a "twitter like" system, inside a game, amazing !

1452824103-explain4.png

World option

As I said, each level of a player will have option like the crew one :
- work in progress, WIP
                - You can put it visible or not
                - You can allow player to join or not
                - You can edit and save
- released
                - You can put it visible or not
                - You can allow player to join or not
                - You cannot edit, to do it you need to go again in "WIP mode"

As you understand, the "Open" option become unnecessary, bye bye!

1452823916-explain3.png

World interface

When a level will be in "WIP mode", informations of the level will be not saved (except for plays)
When a level will be in "Released mode", informations will be saved : best time (with the player name and his time), low deaths (with the number and player name), likes, favourites.

This will encourage players to finish their levels.
I'm not sure if when you turn back into the WIP mode you loose your level informations, that's maybe cruel.
Maybe just likes and favourites are saved, and the best time / low death is reset each time you switch to Released => WIP => Released.

If you released a level without trophy, you'll not have best time / loaw death, of course.

The world informations can be like the players pop up

1452823916-explain1.png
The box can be bigger, to have for example the top 5 best time and top 5 low deaths of the world.
The owner can maybe choose these option on the world setting.

Lobby

All these change can improve the lobby into something better, with tab we'll this time USE ! Incredible !
The idea is this :
- Replace the "Rooms" tab by "Released" (or a word similar, it's to make you understand). Inside there'll be :
                - Online, the main one
                - Plays
                - Mine
                (- Beta and Featured are removed, bye bye !)
- Replace the "Favourites" tab by "WIP". And inside :
                - Plays
                - Open
                - Mine

Don't forget that with the player subscription, the "News" tab is the main one (no more the "Friends"), and somes interface changes are needed to make it more understanding !

1452824447-explain5.png
#BestMashupEver

Pew pew pew

Comment what you think about this !

EDIT : I forget to say that this is a "suggestion pack" because all these suggestions works together. For example without the WIP and Released system somes best time will be maybe record in another version of the level and will be impossible to remove.

Wooted by: (4)

#2 2016-01-15 15:19:38

zioxei

Re: Multi-suggestion pack (player profile, world info and lobby)

Wtf hell no!

user.php?id=zioxei
user.php?id=thanksmom
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

#3 2016-01-15 15:42:22, last edited by AmdS (2016-01-15 15:43:25)

AmdS
Website

zioxei wrote:

Wtf hell no!

I still don't know why people keep saying "no" as an contribuing awnser. Can you please be more specific for your awnser next time?

#4 2016-01-15 16:29:57

zioxei

AmdS wrote:
zioxei wrote:

Wtf hell no!

I still don't know why people keep saying "no" as an contribuing awnser. Can you please be more specific for your awnser next time?

Ok I'll just quote what I don't like here:

Long quote

user.php?id=zioxei
user.php?id=thanksmom
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

#5 2016-01-15 16:33:57

some woman

zioxei wrote:
AmdS wrote:
zioxei wrote:

Wtf hell no!

Lictor666 wrote:

[entire post]

haha wow you are so funny and constructive i totally agree with you now that you have specifically explained what you do not like about this suggestion

10 years and still awkward. Keep it up, baby!

#6 2016-01-15 18:12:56

jdude02

zioxei wrote:
AmdS wrote:
zioxei wrote:

Wtf hell no!

Long quote

Wow you're just a **** if you think that is valid.

#7 2016-01-15 19:16:26

Lictor666

zioxei wrote:

Long quote

I'm sure you miss this part :

Short quote

giphy.gif

#8 2016-01-15 19:26:44, last edited by RavaTroll (2016-01-15 19:37:32)

RavaTroll

- To save likes, favourites, low deaths and best time you need to released the level, once released you can't edit it.

That's a terrible idea. I would just never release a level.
More than half of EE levels would not be released.
Bot levels, boss levels, levels that are updated patch after patch - like, well, all of my levels, free art levels, free edit levels. No way to help people if you want to, no way to make temporary edits for fun, no way to update to have the latest things from the latest update that would fit in your level perfectly.
Imma stop here but you can read what everybody said about the campaigns and the no-edit option if you want more details about why this is a bad idea.

As we say, in art, (almost) everything is a WIP.

EDIT : And going back and forth from WIP to Released is just silly, especially if it resets likes and play-times. It's just forcing people to click 3 more times and lose some things in the process to have the same effect as what we currently have.

EDIT 2 : If it's a matter of lowest death and speedrunning, I suggest we should rather add a speedrun/death record mode to maps. If map creators are stupid enough to edit their level and help speedrunners, screwing up their best times for their levels, it's their own fault.

Honnestly, don't remove what we already have. Add things, like speed-run mods.
Nou even said they would not change or remove what we already have.

SNTDcGF.png Trolls be in da place, mon ! SNTDcGF.png

RavaTroll1452882404575774

Board footer