Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-01-12 03:56:04, last edited by Zoey2070 (2016-01-12 18:52:23)

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

Noise Aura

first, i tried to make wings of a different style for the "wings aura" thread, then i tried to make a "galaxy" aura, failed miserably, did some things, got this

idk a better name for it

original version

new and improved smaller version:
b6fWKVF.png
gqT6L7f.png <- for size comparison
.psd

also my failed attempt at animating the original version as you can see it's asymmetrical... and also that rotating it made it blurry.

w/e it's dumb

animation via edited swf potato quality is a mix of OBS and instagiffer; the weird jumping is due to how the pinwheel is animated except for when it randomly skips at one point.

proc's discorb UnGdm07.gif stylish themes for forums/the game UnGdm07.gif
꧁꧂L O V E & C O R N꧁꧂   ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
danke bluecloud thank u raphe   Gq8tv9Z.gif [this section of my sig is dedicated to everything i've loved that's ever died]
? Hc0cu9u.gif         6yG4Efc.gif

#2 2016-01-12 13:01:53

shadowda

Re: Noise Aura

its really cool. but many of the auras aren't that big compared to the player.

color = #1E1E1E       

latest?cb=20150604065609

Wooted by:

#3 2016-01-12 18:02:02

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

shadowda wrote:

its really cool. but many of the auras aren't that big compared to the player.

wow! someone giving me actual feedback for once instead of just wooting it and not suggesting how i can improve it? incredible! seriously though, thank you.
it's a tiny bit bigger than the staff aura, which is the largest one.

BUT! never fear. i've made a smaller version now, a good four hours after reading your reply. hopefully a bit more even looking -- i haven't really tried the ol' tried and true "rotating the canvas" thing. looks p swag tho.

danke bluecloud thank u raphe   Gq8tv9Z.gif [this section of my sig is dedicated to everything i've loved that's ever died]

#4 2016-01-12 18:09:03

Prodigy

Spray can //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

h0qIF0q.png

#5 2016-01-12 18:46:47

jdude02

I think you should make the noise animate as if it is like a static screen or something, instead of it spinning.

#6 2016-01-12 18:50:18

zioxei

The aura's pixels should change their position repeatedly instead of spinning I think.

user.php?id=zioxei
user.php?id=thanksmom
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

#7 2016-01-12 20:29:17

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

zioxei wrote:

The aura's pixels should change their position repeatedly instead of spinning I think.

jdude02 wrote:

I think you should make the noise animate as if it is like a static screen or something, instead of it spinning.

had to throw out the original "small" one for animation purposes but i've made a lil animation that quite honestly terrifies me.

BR7HpcR.gif

here's the 'raw' version that i edited in a .swf
Kza9Xu6.png
...to get this gif:
cqlNwkt.gif which i don't believe is 100% as-seen-in-ee speed
(thanks to processor for entering and exiting godmode for research purposes* and for thanel for AFKing for a few minutes)
wIjMw4E.gif
and here's mrvoid

* 1-10 are entering admin/mod mode, 11-16 are what repeats; in hindsight i should have tried to figure that out for the 'cash dolla' aura instead of guessing...

i'm still not 100% sure they're "properly circular"; i think it's uneven on one side for some of them

idk i think i'm pretty much done w/ this. not entirely sure how to improve upon this. feel free to give suggestions

also i guess a better name for this is "static" but w/eeeeeee

Wooted by: (4)

#8 2016-01-12 20:38:06

Gosha

make it slower

Wooted by:

#9 2016-01-12 20:46:57

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Zoey2070 wrote:

instead of just wooting it and not suggesting how i can improve it?

Maybe they didn't have any suggestions. Check your 'tude plz.

Discord: jawp#5123

#10 2016-01-12 20:47:44

AmdS
Website

what about a invisible aura

#11 2016-01-12 21:06:31

Gosha

AmdS wrote:

what about a invisible aura

OMG THAT GUY IS HACKER!!
HE IS TELEPORTING!!!
AA!!

it will be like this

Wooted by: (3)

#12 2016-01-12 23:04:29

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

JaWapa wrote:
Zoey2070 wrote:

instead of just wooting it and not suggesting how i can improve it?

Maybe they didn't have any suggestions. Check your 'tude plz.

it was, truly, my eight-AM-i-just-woke-up-snark... luckily for the both of us, i just woke up from a nap so i can have i-just-woke-up-snark: the resnarkening. that's my excuse. onward to the snark because this is fun.
thank you for your continuing support of the wonderful forum trend of commenting on only one small part of a post that really has nothing to do with the topic at hand! that is, in fact, my favorite part of this forum! the second, of course, being the not-posting-only-leaving-a-woot thing. Truly. I love it. I absolutely adore posting something in one of the suggestions forum (or anywhere else), getting a bunch of woots, and absolutely no replies giving actual feedback. woots are the lazy man's way of saying "i saw this, but i really don't feel like posting". i don't even know if it's a "i'm a suck-up" or "this is nice" thing because no one replies. the entire point of a forum is to discuss things. I really don't see how it's so hard for people to meet the criteria of:

• be on topic

• be constructive

Oh? You like something? Say why. You don't like something? Say why. You're fairly neutral? Say what you like and don't like. It is honestly not really that hard of a concept. You don't need forum games to boost your post count when there's sixteen other forums full of topics that, at the very least, have variety.

I absolutely refuse to believe that the thirteen or so people who wooted this prior to my second post in this topic 100% enjoyed my images and concept and saw no possible way to improve, and simultaneously didn't care enough to actually tell me how they felt.
If I post something on this forum, I don't want a bunch of people standing in a circle "patting themselves on the back" because of their complete conformity, so to speak (to avoid using a certain but much more fitting word). I want people's thoughts. It's a forum. If I wanted to be coddled and have people flatter me with how good my ideas are, I'd talk to a dog or something, because it'd probably just lick me on the face.
I don't want "I like this. This is good." I want to know why people think it's good.

So! Thank you for taking the time to actually post, even though you didn't really say much of anything at all.

anyway here's a slower version with .1 second delay as opposed to .05
b8sgFen.gif
i kind of think "animated" and "multiple colors" should be a mutually exclusive thing because effortz and also that this probably just looks good in black and white. kinda ruins the "staticky" effect otherwise.
YGdlNzx.gif
however this is certainly terrifying.
and one where i lowered the opacity:
HDDUQwS.gif
results: the entire thing is terrifying. what have i done.

Wooted by:

#13 2016-01-12 23:17:28

Napakeun
Formerly goodsmile

This aura looks like spinning around, but that doesn't look well for this type.
I suggest that these particles come from the center of the smiley and fade out in all directions.

#14 2016-01-12 23:46:20

Evilbunny

It's either 20 woots or 20 posts of "that's nice" "cool stuff" and "good job." Which do you prefer?
I'd like an aura that is affected by the direction you move and this would be perfect. Like, it gets thinner on the side you are moving to, and trails gets longer on the other side. Like a meteor tail. Sadly I doubt EE could handle that right now.

Evilbunny (in cursive)

Wooted by:

#15 2016-01-13 00:04:58

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

Evilbunny wrote:

It's either 20 woots or 20 posts of "that's nice" "cool stuff" and "good job." Which do you prefer?
I'd like an aura that is affected by the direction you move and this would be perfect. Like, it gets thinner on the side you are moving to, and trails gets longer on the other side. Like a meteor tail. Sadly I doubt EE could handle that right now.

probably the woots tbh but i guess i was just stating the OPTIMAL foruming experience
and
THIS IDEA. I DIG IT. SO HARD!!!!!! might make a mock-up depending on my motivation

Napakeun wrote:

I suggest that these particles come from the center of the smiley and fade out in all directions.

hmm i'm not sure what you're tryina say but i shall make an effort

Wooted by:

#16 2016-01-13 00:25:41

shadowda

Zoey2070 wrote:
Evilbunny wrote:

probably the woots tbh but i guess i was just stating the OPTIMAL foruming experience
and
THIS IDEA. I DIG IT. SO HARD!!!!!! might make a mock-up depending on my motivation

Napakeun wrote:

hmm i'm not sure what you're tryina say but i shall make an effort

have the particles emanate out from the player instead of rotating around. they would start out opaque and get more transparent as they get farther away from the player.   

though it may be hard to do, have the particles sort of freely float around the player. like each particle is moving around in its own space.

color = #1E1E1E       

latest?cb=20150604065609

Wooted by:

#17 2016-01-13 05:26:43, last edited by mrjawapa (2016-01-13 05:26:56)

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

But you didn't ask for that information. You just threw it out there. You can't expect people to just do things zoey. You can't rely on common-sense, remember?

Zoey2070 wrote:

simultaneously didn't care enough to actually tell me how they felt.

Well, this is certainly true for myself.  Sometimes there's nothing to post, because a woot says it all.

Discord: jawp#5123

#18 2016-01-13 05:28:20

!nb4
Formerly AYB

the aura is very noice

ZCK0zcQ.gif

Wooted by:

#19 2016-01-13 07:50:23

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

JaWapa wrote:

But you didn't ask for that information. You just threw it out there. You can't expect people to just do things zoey. You can't rely on common-sense, remember?

Zoey2070 wrote:

simultaneously didn't care enough to actually tell me how they felt.

Well, this is certainly true for myself.  Sometimes there's nothing to post, because a woot says it all.

i guess expecting an in-game mod to know how to not be off-topic is too much to ask for ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. as well with expecting people to actually post on a forum. where you post. i'll try to lower my expectations of everyone in the future. my bad.

and really, woots don't say anything except "i saw this post, it was somewhat agreeable" so.

but yeah i guess i have to specifically ask for feedback on my topics instead of, you know, logically thinking that since people frequently give feedback on other people's topics that they'd give decent feedback on mine too.

anyway maybe i'll work on the. particle aura business thing. later. when i'm not mostly just half-asleep rambling.

but seriously jawapa if you don't have anything to actually contribute to this topic please stop posting in it. also i had a dream about you last night. that sounds weird but it wasn't, i swear.

Wooted by:

#20 2016-01-13 10:38:22

Opengangs

I'm a bit mixed here, it looks really untidy. But that untidiness also creates for a really universal vibe, due to its asymmetrical appearance. And after playing Universe Sandbox2 on my friend's laptop last week, it kinda starts to grow on me.

Computer Science, Mathematics | Aspiring PhD candidate in theoretical computer science.

#21 2016-01-13 14:41:45

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

honestly the whole idea of animating it is horrible. better make the particles go from the center like someone mentioned rather than randomly place them.

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#22 2016-01-13 17:24:15

zioxei

Zoey2070 wrote:

i kind of think "animated" and "multiple colors" should be a mutually exclusive thing because effortz and also that this probably just looks good in black and white. kinda ruins the "staticky" effect otherwise.
YGdlNzx.gif
HDDUQwS.gif

Am I weird because I like that?

!nb4 wrote:

the aura is very noice

Boooo, go spam somewhere else with those lame jokes.

user.php?id=zioxei
user.php?id=thanksmom
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

#23 2016-01-14 04:22:47

!nb4
Formerly AYB

zioxei wrote:
Zoey2070 wrote:

YGdlNzx.gif
HDDUQwS.gif

Am I weird because I like that?

!nb4 wrote:

the aura is very noice

Boooo, go spam somewhere else with those lame jokes.

Aww, thank you for your very nice and thankful comment.
Get your criticism out of here.

ZCK0zcQ.gif

#24 2016-01-14 19:55:56

Tamashiimizu

Zoey2070 wrote:

YGdlNzx.gif

Really liked this one. I think the animation for the white one is a little distracting, so the subtlety of the red one is pleasing to me.
But I don't use auras (5000 it's too much for me), so I can't compare it to some kind of standard.

And the white one really reminds me of flour.

Hidden text

Tamashiimizu1452797756575552

Board footer