Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-01-12 07:04:14

WMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWM

Something needs to be done about the amount of players in EE

The amount of players have been dropping because this game is mostly played by kids. This means that kids cannot create emails to join this game. This makes many accounts inactive because they cannot be activated because they don't have their own email. We already have many things to stop alt accounts from doing stuff like disabling daily rewards and crew shop requirement is 260 max energy. Please take off email confirmation. Another reason is advertisement of this game. There really isn't much except for some random websites with this game. Then now the reason why people quit. The reason why people keep playing games is to reach a goal such as getting something or completing a land. We only have 3 easy campaigns and the rest of them are impossible to new players. Which makes them mad and rage quit and sometimes even quit the game. People also don't want to wait along time to get a huge world because people always want to get the biggest land first but it takes long so they quit. The players who stayed for along time are also quitting because there are no updates often like when Mr.shoe was moderator. Now the updates are monthly or 2 months while during Mr.Shoe era was 1-2 weeks. Since their aren't enough players to play lands some will never be played even though they are good. This could be the last year of EE if something isn't done

WM malfuntion VgPb7gb.png

Wooted by:

#2 2016-01-12 07:14:07

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

Re: Something needs to be done about the amount of players in EE

EE's existed a long time without campaigns and without updates. If it didn't die in the Great Summer Vacation, i kind of doubt it'll die this year.

proc's discorb UnGdm07.gif stylish themes for forums/the game UnGdm07.gif
꧁꧂L O V E & C O R N꧁꧂   ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
danke bluecloud thank u raphe   Gq8tv9Z.gif [this section of my sig is dedicated to everything i've loved that's ever died]
? Hc0cu9u.gif         6yG4Efc.gif

#3 2016-01-12 07:48:49

Abelysk

EE wasn't being updated for more than a year (2013 - 2014) yet it survived...

#4 2016-01-12 07:53:11

Holy2334

Zoey2070 wrote:

EE's existed a long time without campaigns and without updates. If it didn't die in the Great Summer Vacation, i kind of doubt it'll die this year.

It's not a summer vacation if it went into other seasons lol.

Anyways @ OP I doubt the game is going to die anytime soon. If anything the person you praise for releasing updates every 1-2 is a big reason why the numbers are so low to begin with for reasons said above. If they stick to what they are planing on they are expanding into a new market (steam) which will be a big help if it does well! You just have to give it time.

EEShorts
Creator of EE Shorts Series
(Picture made by Mawkm)

#5 2016-01-12 08:12:06

WMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWM

Kefka wrote:

EE wasn't being updated for more than a year (2013 - 2014) yet it survived...

EE survived but many players didn't. I remember when there were about 4 rooms with 20+ people and about 10 more rooms with 10+ people and now 1 or 2 rooms with 15+ and 5 rooms with 5-7 people. We need more updates faster because people want to quit the game because theirs nothing else to do.

#6 2016-01-12 13:43:11, last edited by Badoosh (2016-01-12 13:45:39)

Badoosh
EE Homeboy
Website

The players who stayed for along time are also quitting because there are no updates often like when Mr.shoe was moderator. Now the updates are monthly or 2 months while during Mr.Shoe era was 1-2 weeks.

Weekly updates forced the devs to create sloppy rushed graphics, ideas, and an inflated shop. You can't possibly get everything in the shop unless you pay a monthly fee to build levels, a key aspect to Everybody Edits. On top of that, the game looked rushed with sloppy interfaces like magic coins, the exploitable woot system, and solid blocks that don't even show up on the minimap. The community was constantly ignored, and beta got removed with a pitiful 1 month trial of BC. So you had a game where the old players are neglected and leave, and new players are blocked by a paywall. These were the times of weekly updates. I have to admit, I miss those days, too.

Edit: I do agree that something needs to be done about the amount of players in EE, but focusing on fixing the problems the game has instead of adding more content seems to be the best course of action for a game as complex as it is now.

#7 2016-01-12 13:51:37

AmdS
Website

89 players playing right now.

I'm really very surprised

#8 2016-01-12 14:06:36

Creature

Sometimes a small/medium community has it's advantages.

This is a false statement.

Wooted by:

#9 2016-01-12 15:06:14, last edited by Mylo (2016-01-12 15:08:25)

Mylo
Master Developer

Someone ever had the idea the reason lays not behind the whole vacation / no-update stuff?

First, low quality worlds. Everywhere. Either they are frustrating or they are not fun.

It's always the same over & over.
Jumping, pressing left / right to land at the right spot - fail / repeat.

That's why bots where so much fun, - made the game grow - for some time.
They added new game-play mechanics, they added a new way to compete against other players.

Forced updates are worth nothing. The right updates are. Quality > Quantity.

In my opinion EE should step out of the kid-shoes and finnaly get mature.

How? Replace smileys with a little character you can style differently. Add PvP.
Make the game smoother. Make it easier to join (eg. slack). Give the game more restrictions. Restrictions are good for creativity. Don't give the community everything it wants, but really _listen_ to it. Give rewards for creating good worlds. Get back to simplicity. (Crew System was not needed, since there aren't even enough people playing EE). Start making harder, but better Updates. Stop adding new Texturepacks. Start to be a professional Developer Team. Make choices and stay with them. Oh - and _showing_ some passion would be nice.

There is way more than that, but tbh - it will probably not change anything -

Wooted by: (3)

#10 2016-01-12 15:17:12

ZeldaXD
EE Homeboy
Website

WMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWM wrote:

The amount of players have been dropping because this game is mostly played by kids. This means that kids cannot create emails to join this game. This makes many accounts inactive because they cannot be activated because they don't have their own email. We already have many things to stop alt accounts from doing stuff like disabling daily rewards and crew shop requirement is 260 max energy. Please take off email confirmation.

However, if they remove the email confirmation, the same kiddies will start crying because "pls they haxxed my account", "pls I forgot to my password", "pls I forgot my email" and so on and so forth.

WMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWM wrote:

The players who stayed for along time are also quitting because there are no updates often like when Mr.shoe was moderator. Now the updates are monthly or 2 months while during Mr.Shoe era was 1-2 weeks. Since their aren't enough players to play lands some will never be played even though they are good. This could be the last year of EE if something isn't done

Quantity != Quality. Everything MrShoe did was adding blocks and smileys, and hardly ever a new concept. However, with the current moderators, we can expect the updates to have a lot of content with new concepts, blocks, smileys, campaigns...

gLjTZE1.png

#11 2016-01-20 03:45:05

cpcrabs

Badoosh wrote:

The players who stayed for along time are also quitting because there are no updates often like when Mr.shoe was moderator. Now the updates are monthly or 2 months while during Mr.Shoe era was 1-2 weeks.

Weekly updates forced the devs to create sloppy rushed graphics, ideas, and an inflated shop. You can't possibly get everything in the shop unless you pay a monthly fee to build levels, a key aspect to Everybody Edits. On top of that, the game looked rushed with sloppy interfaces like magic coins, the exploitable woot system, and solid blocks that don't even show up on the minimap. The community was constantly ignored, and beta got removed with a pitiful 1 month trial of BC. So you had a game where the old players are neglected and leave, and new players are blocked by a paywall. These were the times of weekly updates. I have to admit, I miss those days, too.

Edit: I do agree that something needs to be done about the amount of players in EE, but focusing on fixing the problems the game has instead of adding more content seems to be the best course of action for a game as complex as it is now.

couldn't have said it better myself.

17 i think

#12 2016-01-20 07:29:11

thewrongway

<20 people online now gg, end is near

#13 2016-01-20 08:35:42

Onjit
Website

I find it kinda funny that there is only about 20 people playing right now, but the lag is still so bad that I can hardly move.

:.|:;

#14 2016-01-21 00:46:55

imgood9

Zoey2070 wrote:

Great word choice there.

#15 2016-01-21 18:36:52

Hexagon

I found EE by accident by mistyping a google search term. EE needs more advertising; not sure if you guys can afford it but nobody I know knows about it.

#16 2016-01-21 18:58:11

Gosha

It would be cool to send message about EE to old players on email after unity update

#17 2016-01-22 00:22:16

den3107

Warning: way too long post where I'm just babbling nonsense.

The problem is that the main focus group is children that play flash games, which usually only play the top so many games on flash game sites and the ones recommended from that and so on. Sadly EE would come really late, if it would come at all.
It isn't a style of game you'd often see for flash games, so tags won't help either.
Most played flash games (now) are usually quick games of 1 hour, idle games or MMO semi-idle pay-to-have-fun games. EE doesn't come close to any of these categories.

I think anybody that's in sales (I'm not, for the record) would be astounded that the game is still even alive (no offence).

I do disagree with the people that say that fewer updates are worse, if you look at a game like Minecraft, it's taking forever for the updates 1.8/9, but by giving constant small sneak peaks of awesome stuff, showing how big the updates actually are, keeps people on the edge of their seats and excited, maybe even already preparing for the next big thing.

I personally think the problem indeed is the lack of mature people (even though I have no idea how to attract them), since it's (mostly) them who make the hard and/or fun maps and usually them who make that awesome new bot-assisted gamemode
When there would be such maps, both children as for some more mature players would join. I think a different trailer might help too, for example featuring a some-what active bot like bombot (I guess?).

Any suggestions I could give?
Give rewards for people that invite others, though that would most likely get exploited.
A possibility for bots to be active more, without being too dependent on the creator to be active that much, though that might get people bored of the gamemode more quickly.

That's all that came up in my mind, even though it's of little help.

Wooted by: (2)

#18 2016-01-22 00:38:03

WMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWM

The EE site being down doesn't help attract players but i think a refer a friend might work maybe 1 gem for every player that you get to create a account. the new email conformation will defiantly stop multiple accounts and referring yourself

#19 2016-01-22 01:28:47

Prodigy

Idk why but I feel like the EE staff should make the promo video a Commercial //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile and then when there is commercial time tons of kids and adults would be interested in it and BOOM more profit to EE //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile (oh and people (of course))

h0qIF0q.png

#20 2016-01-22 13:10:57

den3107

Did a little SEO check, and it's not that great.
S problem is that www.everybodyedits.com isn't indexed by most search engines, while everybodyedits.com is.

Since I personally don't know squat about SEO, I wouldn't know how to fix this, as the non-www. refers to the www. version instantly.

Maybe being a bit more active on social media (Facebook seems to be a good start) would help too.

The problem of all this: It will start feeling more and more like work, stuff the devs probably don't want to do, so they either won't do it, or just do a quick terrible post, which won't help at all.

I think that currently the only way to get more players to EE would be a better promo vid and person-to-person advertisement.

#21 2016-01-22 18:15:01

REDL3EAST

Have the developers thought about putting this game on steam. They could try and green light it. This game is really good and not a lot of people know about it. I feel if more people knew about it then it would be more popular. I always imagined if a huge YouTuber found this game, and played it, what the response would be? The servers would probably crash, but it would get the attention it needed. Just some thoughts, dont mind the grammar as I dont care //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

Wooted by: (2)

#22 2016-01-23 16:09:39

sthegreat

REDL3EAST wrote:

Have the developers thought about putting this game on steam. They could try and green light it. This game is really good and not a lot of people know about it. I feel if more people knew about it then it would be more popular. I always imagined if a huge YouTuber found this game, and played it, what the response would be? The servers would probably crash, but it would get the attention it needed. Just some thoughts, dont mind the grammar as I dont care //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

I think they intend to do this at some point. I agree though, it would be great.

user.php?id=sthegreat

sthegreat1453561779577303

Board footer