Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-12-20 00:08:46

Abelysk

Is entertainment worth more than our health and other things?

PewDiePie earns more money than Barack Obama, doctors, and a lot of other important figures. Around the world, people religiously follow movie actors, movies, singers, video games, sports, and other forms of entertainment. Do you believe that entertainment is worth more than other important aspects of our lives?

#2 2015-12-20 01:30:02

Bimps

Re: Is entertainment worth more than our health and other things?

entertainment is what keeps the world, well, entertaining. basically without all the arts, we would be so bored and have no will to live

#3 2015-12-20 01:36:32

Anak

Entertainment doesn't have to be corporate. It could always be traditionally passed down family stuff, but I suppose that would still dampen our spirits.

#4 2015-12-20 03:35:20

Creature

Let me see:

Health = What keeps us alive
Entertainment = What gives us a reason to be alive

This is a false statement.

#5 2015-12-20 04:11:34

ZeldaXD
EE Homeboy
Website

Bread and circus.

gLjTZE1.png

Wooted by:

#6 2015-12-20 04:19:35

Abelysk

Bimps wrote:

entertainment is what keeps the world, well, entertaining. basically without all the arts, we would be so bored and have no will to live

The arts was a way to express our feelings in a physical form, whether it be a story, a sculpture, a music piece, an act in a play (or movie), etc. Now, I personally feel as if entertainment has become TOO important in our lives.

We constantly need our friends, our phones, our music. We constantly rely on entertainment, and most people who I know can not sit in one spot listening to information they don't find appealing without going to sleep, listening to music, going on their phones, or the most popular one: talking to people around them.

It's a habitual development that is becoming more and more important in our lives, which does hold consequences such as increased episodes of boredom, depression, and suicide. As we mature into adults, other things become important though, and entertainment becomes neglected more frequently.

#7 2015-12-21 00:26:28

Erquerliet

Entertainment is surely important, but your health goes first (unless you don't care, then do what you want)/

TnhaiGq.png

#8 2015-12-21 03:00:34, last edited by gkaby (2015-12-21 03:00:56)

gkaby
Website

people are not paying to watch pewdiepie's videos, so people do not spend any money on the entertainment. he is also entertaining 40 million subscribers (assuming they are real people who enjoy his vids) and whoever else enjoys his vids, while doctors i doubt help anywhere close to a 40 million people in their lifetime. so even if people were paying to watch his vids the money would be coming from a much larger pool of people. i didnt do any math but i guess my point would be idk how you can say entertainment is worth more without doing math because it might be the case that more is spent on health than entertainment. as for barack obama i have no idea but while what he does affects more than 40 million people, the things he gets done involve many people in addition to him. again i didnt do any math but afaik you did not either

edit then again this might not matter at all idk?

anyway i think health is more important than entertainment, but i dont know if i would be able to enjoy life without entertainment

idk

#9 2015-12-21 04:48:34

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Sometimes I do things that might put my health on the line... for entertainment.

Discord: jawp#5123

#10 2015-12-21 04:49:56

Insanity

Ye I've risked my life for entertainment purposes multiple times

no regrets brah

Maverick: Started up on a 6, when he pulled from the clouds, and then I moved in above him.
Charlie: Well, if you were directly above him, how could you see him?
Maverick: Because I was inverted.

Wooted by:
Insanity1450669796569037

Board footer