Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-12-14 02:51:10

AmdS
Website

Not really everybody edits

What is the point of the guests can't send the code to get edit?

Guests can't chat, so they can't ask.

Not really everybody edits.

Wooted by: (2)

#2 2015-12-14 02:54:54, last edited by Onjit (2015-12-14 02:56:21)

Onjit
Website

Re: Not really everybody edits

Next Update Spoilers

Seriously though, EE has become less of the casual "just join a world and start building" world, and more of a "here's a list of levels people have made"

Such a large part of EE is building with your friends, and it seems that the game doesn't allow new players to do this.

:.|:;

#3 2015-12-14 03:31:29

BEE

Guests are an easy way to introduce someone to the game without requiring that they make an account. I see no reason to give them chat. If they want it, it means they are interested in the game and so they can register.

Custom Tab: Forum Post|Trello

Thanks Xen for my Avatar and Smitty for the smiley 47BA5lq.png

Wooted by:

#4 2015-12-14 03:35:33

Tako
Website

Petition to rename EE to
Everybody Can Edit If They Have Sufficient Reputation or If The Owner Just Doesn't Care

(ECETHSRITOJDC for short)

Yeah, well, you know that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.

#5 2015-12-14 03:35:53

AmdS
Website

BEE wrote:

Guests are an easy way to introduce someone to the game without requiring that they make an account. I see no reason to give them chat. If they want it, it means they are interested in the game and so they can register.

I agree with your point, BEE. But I don't really means to guests have chat, but all the ways to have the code without creating an account or people giving edit by a command (That's rare for someone give edit to guest for this way, but I always did that).

#6 2015-12-14 04:45:58, last edited by hummerz5 (2015-12-14 04:53:18)

hummerz5

I remember what originally got me hooked on EE was creating my own level and competing against others with their own levels that didn't save. It took a special kind of geek to leave that tab open, in hopes that meaningless popularity came by.

Nowadays you can build a world and forget it!

I don't think anyone really knows why EE has gone into the deplorable slump of activity it currently resides in, so I don't make any claims of the sort.

Of course, I got beta because "holy shucks saving worlds! me need!"

What REALLY first got me was the totally open worlds... y'know, the ones we hide away. That got me hooked. Then I stepped it up with getting a locked world, which we no longer support. Pity.

Edit: so is chat (or lack thereof) a main foci? Probably not, in my opinion. I don't think the introduction or revocation of the communication correlated heavily with the # of users. Though that was another (enjoyable? eh) task: getting over the conversation lump. But then, you only started a conversation with someone you generally wanted to talk with. None of that "oops, I'm in the same world as this idiot" stuff. Sometimes limiting communication to a small number of smileys opens the mind to a different kind of thinking. (No, your countless seasonal smileys do not count.)

edit 2, because not feeling up to a second post:

@V: Now, I'm getting a bit overly-analytical for such a trivial problem. But, what if the amount of users retained at one time reached such heights BECAUSE of that battle of creation vs destruction? It sorta goes along with the saving worlds idea: once you've saved the world, you can forget about it. Once you've banned the guests from editing, you can forget again. Back then, you had to be vigilant, take care in your work.
(Yeah, I blame sleep dep)

#7 2015-12-14 04:48:08

Holy2334

I think they forgot to take it down for guests lol. The reason why guests aren't allowed to have edit unless given by command is the amount of little buggers who use guest accounts to troll with. It's easier to remember a username that you can ban rather than having to ban all of the guest in case one of them is a troll.

EEShorts
Creator of EE Shorts Series
(Picture made by Mawkm)

Wooted by:

#8 2015-12-14 07:41:53

cpcrabs

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTqvkm3GQgCLIzVN4G3mWwc1dHkSV9Rvl7PK-B1athiuBbRtGge

to be completely honest and a little off-topic, i think guest should be able to chat. i mean, it would give them a taste of the community and the ability to interact. and most people play EE just to chat anyway. i hope guest get to chat...

17 i think

Wooted by:

#9 2015-12-14 14:21:29

hummerz5

cpcrabs wrote:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTqvkm3GQgCLIzVN4G3mWwc1dHkSV9Rvl7PK-B1athiuBbRtGge

to be completely honest and a little off-topic, i think guest should be able to chat. i mean, it would give them a taste of the community and the ability to interact. and most people play EE just to chat anyway. i hope guest get to chat...

But, we can't afford to scare the guests away with our chat before they sign up! (ha)

#10 2015-12-14 15:10:47

Creature

Force guests to register to play. It's so easy to make an account.

This is a false statement.

Creature1450102247566478

Board footer