Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-11-14 18:04:05

Insanity

All these idiots on facebook

Adding that French flag filter to their pictures and pretending like they care so much

stfu I see through your empty soul you cucks

It's pathetic people need to literally shove a country's flag and colors in your face to make you think they are sympathetic

no **** we're sympathetic you societal zombie degenerates

ffs this generation

Maverick: Started up on a 6, when he pulled from the clouds, and then I moved in above him.
Charlie: Well, if you were directly above him, how could you see him?
Maverick: Because I was inverted.

#2 2015-11-14 18:12:43

AmdS
Website

Re: All these idiots on facebook

Facebook would improve more and make another thing than a picture filter.

#3 2015-11-14 18:17:18

madiik

I just don't get it.

We always pretend to show compassion, LIKE I CARE FFS FILTHY HUMAN RACE.

Anyway, I think putting up a flag is not enough.
Want to show compassion? Fight the god damn terrorism, not be some faker behind a computer screen trying to be a French patriot.

shh i have returned

Wooted by:

#4 2015-11-14 18:37:00

hummerz5

You read my mind, actually
A few folks are filtering their profile pictures again
But to what end? I doubt a french folk is going to see the picture... I guess it's just another example of how FB exists solely to show off to other people

E.g., "look at me, I'm so politically correct for feeling sad about france!"

Don't get me wrong, it's screwed up what happened, but a profile picture isn't the way to go about things.

#5 2015-11-14 19:01:11

Anak

There's not much you can do behind a computer screen, but I get what you mean.
Same thing with the rainbow flags, people spouted all that homophobic bs but they had a rainbow flag so it was ok

Wooted by: (2)

#6 2015-11-14 19:28:53

hummerz5

You're right. If people are simply compelled to do something, and if filtering their images comforts them, I guess I cannot realistically shoot that down. But I will stand by how useless that is.

I hadn't considered the rainbow filters. The only edge of productivity they might have is to show support for the ruling, which, in a representative republic, is reasonable and necessary for proper function.

I'm still confused, on that point, what the rainbow filters were supposed to convey. Was it purely support for the ruling, or perhaps simply homosexuality in general? Or, again, was it simply to say "hey, I'm acceptable for being politically correct and in the now!" ?

#7 2015-11-14 21:26:05

Creature

You still use Facebook?

This is a false statement.

#8 2015-11-14 21:41:17

Insanity

Creature wrote:

You still use Facebook?

lmao who doesn't still use fb wtf?

Maverick: Started up on a 6, when he pulled from the clouds, and then I moved in above him.

#9 2015-11-14 21:46:42

AmdS
Website

Insanity wrote:
Creature wrote:

You still use Facebook?

He seems doesn't know how to enjoy facebook

#10 2015-11-15 00:14:13

JadElClemens

Insanity wrote:

[...]cucks[...]

@different55 new wordfilter pls

madiik wrote:

I just don't get it.

We always pretend to show compassion, LIKE I CARE FFS FILTHY HUMAN RACE.[...]

Absolutely right, and these people are part of the problem.

Not this problem in particular, but... the world's problems in general.

Creature wrote:

You still use Facebook?

I wish I didn't.

4RNmJ.png

I hate tall signatures.

#11 2015-11-15 00:51:02

Schlog

This is the kind of reason I deleted my facebook account. People are just so dumb on there.

#12 2015-11-15 02:17:15, last edited by Tako (2015-11-15 02:36:36)

Tako
Website

Here's a general life lesson: if something seems 100% illogical yet has widespread support, you're probably not understanding it properly. To assume that you're the only person who sees the "truth" without substantial thought is not only egotistical but also very likely to be wrong. In this case, you are both.

France does not gain HP points by looking at their flag. Approximately 0 people think this way. Yet, you assume everyone thinks this way. What possible warrant do you have to make such a sweeping generalization? What book did you read that granted you complete understanding of Facebook, diplomacy, and general behavior?

Have you considered that it has psycho- and sociological purpose instead of a physical one? The profile picture allows you to feel part of a movement that is much broader than France. It represents camaraderie among a group of people opposed to terrorists. The filter in no way is intended to say "This will make France feel better", rather "This will make us feel connected".

6a00d8341c85cd53ef015391a151c4970b-pi

Ask yourself, what is the purpose of these banners? This is a very similar scenario.

Insanity wrote:

idiots on facebook [...] empty soul [...] noob [...] pathetic [...] societal zombie degenerates

Ease up on the 4th-grade-level name calling and maybe you'll be respected next time.

Sincerely,
A pathetic, degenerate, soulless, idiot who changed their profile picture

Yeah, well, you know that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.

#13 2015-11-15 02:27:14

Terrasher
Website

Tako wrote:

Here's a general life lesson: if something seems 100% illogical yet has widespread support, you're probably not understanding it properly. To assume that you're the only person who sees the "truth" without substantial thought is not only egotistical but also very likely to be wrong. In this case, you are both.

France does not gain HP points by looking at their flag. Approximately 0 people think this way. Yet, you assume everyone thinks this way. What possible warrant do you have to make such a sweeping generalization? What book did you read that granted you complete understanding of Facebook, diplomacy, and general behavior?

Have you considered that it has psycho- and sociological purpose instead of diplomatic one? The profile picture allows you to feel part of a movement that is much broader than France. It represents camaraderie among a group of people opposed to terrorists. The filter in no way is intended to help them physically, rather, emotionally.

http://www.timegoesby.net/.a/6a00d8341c … 1c4970b-pi

Ask yourself, what is the purpose of these banners? This is a very similar scenario.

Insanity wrote:

idiots on facebook [...] empty soul [...] noob [...] pathetic [...] societal zombie degenerates

Ease up on the 4th-grade-level name calling and maybe you'll be respected next time.

Sincerely,

I love you.

tumblr_mkwgua1DWj1qe0clto1_500.gif

Compare your lives to mine and then kill yourselves.

Song over, back to field. Putin is great!

Wooted by:

#14 2015-11-15 02:48:26

Koya
Fabulous Member

Insanity wrote:
Creature wrote:

You still use Facebook?

I have a facebook but haven't used it ever - if I come across a potentially dodgy site then I will use facebook to login with.

Po9cnQh.png

PLNQVL8.png
Thank you eleizibeth ^

1SYOldu.png

I stack my signatures rather than delete them so I don't lose them
giphy.gif

WfSi4mm.png

#15 2015-11-15 02:53:47

!nb4
Formerly AYB

idk Ive seen it but im too lazy to sign up

ZCK0zcQ.gif

#16 2015-11-15 04:01:06

hummerz5

Tako wrote:

Have you considered that it has psycho- and sociological purpose instead of a physical one? The profile picture allows you to feel part of a movement that is much broader than France. It represents camaraderie among a group of people opposed to terrorists. The filter in no way is intended to say "This will make France feel better", rather "This will make us feel connected".

Insanity wrote:

Sincerely,

You're right. Psycho/sociological purposes indeed. I'm not too savvy in those fields, but you can't tell me that everyone is grieving over france's loss through filters. Here the argument hinges on what portions of people are actually using the option for legitimate purposes (mourning?). I guess I'm not in tune enough with the world to know for certain what motivations float around, but it's not 100%.

Also, Insanity used words such as "Empty soul" and "unsympathetic" ... I guess you aren't referring to the OP, though, because saying the filter is used for psychological reasons falls in the assumption of Insanity's argument.

To make an attempt at paraphrase: "[you folks are lying about] [having a psycho/social need to mourn with France]"

Wooted by:

#17 2015-11-15 12:38:25

Hostage
Banned
Website

#prayforparis

yeah right.people only seem to care because paris is a big city,in a huge country.

There are a dozen of other whole COUNTRIES that suffered more than "paris"
What about when NATO bombed millions of people in Serbia?
Is there a day to support Serbia?
no!

35fa6ee9efa7e42687d426ffeba72dbdb9a95cbfb7d221d698ca2146feebab7c.jpg

Wooted by:

#18 2015-11-15 13:53:53, last edited by Insanity (2015-11-15 14:14:30)

Insanity

Tako wrote:

Insanity wrote:

Sincerely,

lol pls.

I'm not believing that bs about "connecting with people" over an incident that has no direct effect on you in the first place. I bet half the people don't know at least 40 people were killed in suicide bombings in Lebanon a few days ago.

I don't see anyone on social media showing as much support for that as they are for France.

Why?

Because it's about the media.

Power + Wealth = Respect

France has both, so everyone wants to immediately flock to support them regardless of how they're doing it with no regard for how shallow it makes them look in comparison to the other events going on in the world.

The people who added the filter didn't think through it, they just did it because everyone is doing it, and to get likes.

Psycho and Sociological Purpose?

Yea, the movement is broader than France. It's far broader than France. So then why the hell isn't anyone adding a Lebanon filter? Where's the Syra filer? People are sheep to the media. Media is covering France more so everyone wants to jump on the bandwagon and "give them support". France has wealth and power, so the media is giving them more coverage than the 3rd world countries that are equally as affected. But nope, nobody gives a damn about that when adding a filter to their pic that inherently is an insult to the rest of the world that is in a struggle.

Straight up ****

Wooted by: (3)

#19 2015-11-15 15:36:30

hummerz5

^tl;dr: I was going to try and find a lebanon filter, but you beat me.

#20 2015-11-15 17:36:29, last edited by Bobithan (2015-11-15 18:12:47)

Bobithan

The reason we see so much more reaction about France in comparison to the other war-torn countries is because we have a cultural connection to France. It's like seeing your own brother struck down in comparison to just hearing about some kid you don't really know being bullied. Sure, we can recognize that it sucks for that kid, but obviously we're going to be showing more support for our brother, that's just how things work. We have limited amounts of sympathy so we're probably going to use most of it on what we consider family.

Besides, this attack is something that is unexpected. France is considered a "safe" country, so obviously we're going to see more news about it since it's out of place. It's kind of crappy to say, but at this point we already expect Lebanon or Syria to be in constant turmoil, because they are, and it sucks. Not to mention we already see news about those countries all the time, it's not like they aren't being shown any recognition, it just happens so much, that to your typical first world citizen, it's almost become noise at this point. To quote some random internet user, "When it snows in Alaska it isn't news, when it snows in Florida it is."

Nobody is being hurt by showing their concern about the attacks. It feels like this whole bandwagon against people showing the least bit of respect to those in Paris is just another way to feel superior to others by thinking different.

aka towwl

#21 2015-11-15 18:10:45, last edited by Tako (2015-11-15 18:27:42)

Tako
Website

Insanity wrote:

So then why the hell isn't anyone adding a Lebanon filter? Where's the Syra filer? People are sheep to the media. Media is covering France more so everyone wants to jump on the bandwagon and "give them support". France has wealth and power, so the media is giving them more coverage than the 3rd world countries that are equally as affected. But nope, nobody gives a damn about that when adding a filter to their pic that inherently is an insult to the rest of the world that is in a struggle.

Lebanon (specifically, Burj al-Barajneh) strongly opposes IS and actively sends Hezbollah forces to attack them in neighboring Syria. I don't want to say "they were asking for it", but who is honestly surprised? Yes, I think it is a tragedy. But not as much of a tragedy as the attack in Paris, which was random and specifically designed to induce terror. Do we mourn every time a soldier dies? Do we mourn every time a geriatric dies? No, we mourn (as a nation) when people undeservedly die. Not because the media tells us to. The media has tried to make us mourn over the Middle East, but now we are numb to it.

I do believe that Lebanon and Syria need sympathy. In no way do I believe our society -- which is, indeed, fed by the media -- perfectly distributes concern among world affairs. But I do believe that our inconsistency is a natural phenomenon that every person can be found guilty of.

In short, it is unfair but not intolerable.

Sources: BBC, NY Times, Anak

[Edit] Basically what Bobithan said except using more words

Wooted by:

#22 2015-11-15 18:11:53

Hostage
Banned
Website

Bobithan wrote:

The reason we see so much more reaction about France in comparison to the other war-torn countries is because we have a cultural connection to France. It's like seeing your own brother struck down in comparison to just hearing about some kid you don't really know being bullied. Sure, we can recognize that it sucks for that kid, but obviously we're going to be showing more support for our brother, that's just how things work. We have limited amounts of sympathy so we're probably going to use most of it on what we consider family.

Besides, this attack is something that is unexpected. France is considered a "safe" country, so obviously we're going to see more news about it since it's out of place. It's kind of crappy to say, but at this point we already expect Lebanon or Syria to be in constant turmoil, because they are, and it sucks. Not to mention we already see news about those countries all the time, it's not like they aren't being shown any recognition, it just happens so much, that to your typical first world citizen, it's almost become noise at this point. To quote some random internet user, "When it snows in Alaska it isn't news, when it snows in California it is."

Nobody is being hurt by showing their concern about the attacks. It feels like this whole bandwagon against people showing the least bit of respect to those in Paris is just another way to feel superior to others by thinking different.

So,we should only care if rich and big countries get attacked,right?

35fa6ee9efa7e42687d426ffeba72dbdb9a95cbfb7d221d698ca2146feebab7c.jpg

#23 2015-11-15 18:26:38

Bobithan

@peugeot

Did you even read my post? You're missing the entire point; that's not what it boils down to. I don't want to repeat myself, so I'm not going to.

Also, I don't get what you mean by "only". Have you even seen how much attention the Syrian refugee crisis garnered in developed countries? You people are acting like care for these countries simply doesn't exist, which is not the case. It's kind of hypocritical to even say that nobody is paying attention to the more conflict-ridden areas, because sympathy is actively aimed in those locations and you're blinded by the slightest bit of concern for a developed country.

aka towwl

Wooted by:

#24 2015-11-15 18:37:25

Evilbunny

TFW people don't understand that none of this matters.
People changing their profile pic? Who cares.
People blindly supporting a meaningless movement? Who cares.
People being ignorant of things other than the Paris attacks? Who cares.
People being sheeple and the media being biased? Who cares.

What matters is that the world is a mess and there isn't much you can do. But you have to accept that, move on, and not get too hung up on things you have no control over.
Life isn't meant to be lived full of stress, especially meaningless stress.

Evilbunny (in cursive)

Wooted by:

#25 2015-11-15 18:54:48, last edited by Tako (2015-11-15 18:55:39)

Tako
Website

Evilbunny wrote:

TFW people don't understand that none of this matters.
People changing their profile pic? Who cares.
People blindly supporting a meaningless movement? Who cares.
People being ignorant of things other than the Paris attacks? Who cares.
People being sheeple and the media being biased? Who cares.

What matters is that the world is a mess and there isn't much you can do.

tumblr_n56rrk0g291slgex0o1_500.png

[Edit] Signature extra relevant.

Hostage1447613362559326

Board footer