Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-11-07 04:25:56

SirJosh3917
Formerly ninjasupeatsninja

So you got the joining guest. And then the emm1t account. What's next?

TL;DR: i have lots of data, planning to make a video.
^
TL;DR: I have all of your data and i'm planning to make ee experiment videos. Please give me ideas on what to make, and leave a post honestly saying what you think. Think carefully about it.
^
So you got the joining guest. And then the emm1t account. And then the rob0t or r0bot account. What's next?

NOTHING.

How do I know?
Well, I've been collecting data on players, technically "stalking" all of you - even myself as a data collection for my video series - EE Experiment.
Here is an example log from mine.

long

^If you read the log, you may've noticed the line
"FRANK2: and WIZDOM101: if you ever need somebody's chat log from today or yesterday, just /pm me"
Note that they never needed anybody's data.

Now, this is "personal data", I guess, so I'll only share mine unless you specifically allow your data to be shared.
Now you may be wondering: "Ok, so you have a bunch of data, and you're gonna use it to make EE experiment videos. How do I know you're not lying?"

Well, think of it at a logical position: What possible malicious things could I do with all this data?
Well, first, you need to understand how it is kept.

Username -> World Id(s) - > Logs

So I'd have to develop a program to go into each username and each world id and look at each log.
The most i've ever collected is 943 folders - aka 943 player's with world Ids and data.
Now, I'm done doing this, but I only have 2 day's worth of valid, useful data.
I've been doing this since  November 3rd, 2015 (11/3/15), and stopped today, November 6th 2015 (11/6/15).
The reason I only have 2 valid day's worth of data is because on the 5th, the update came.
And all the logs have

[11/4/2015 10:21:20 PM] Said ""

^or something of the sort.

Now i'm planning to make an EE experiment video, but I don't know what to make. Tips if possible, and give your honest, opinions. Whether or not you think this data is safe in my hands, and I want you to think logically about what you're going to say. Consider all the points, and think from my view how I could possible "oppose" your view. Or just leave a comment saying "bad so bad u meen".

Wooted by:

#2 2015-11-07 06:04:54

Xfrogman43

Re: So you got the joining guest. And then the emm1t account. What's next?

I know this isn't stated clearly but,

Rules wrote:

Do not connect to the Everybody Edits server with any client that disturbs or impedes on other user's gameplay. This will result in a warning or ban.

This is disturbing people, there have been threads of "a guest joining my world whenever I enter one" or whatever.

I'm sure you will get punished for stalking every single world like you did with your one bot.

Good day

zsbu6Xm.png thanks zoey aaaaaaaaaaaand thanks latif for the avatar

Wooted by:

#3 2015-11-07 12:28:20

skullz17

Yeah I don't think you should be making chat logs. Probably should have got permission from a mod or admin first.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

#4 2015-11-07 12:32:01

Creature

You're wasting your time.

This is a false statement.

#5 2015-11-07 13:01:18, last edited by mrjawapa (2015-11-07 17:14:42)

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Joining worlds is not against the rules.

I'm not sure you're really doing anything wrong by collecting public chat logs.  It's not personal, because they've said it in the open where anyone can come in and see.

ninjasupeatsninja wrote:

Now, this is "personal data", I guess, so I'll only share mine unless you specifically allow your data to be shared.

This would be great, just to keep people happy.
Nvm, I guess I'm being undermined.

Discord: jawp#5123

#6 2015-11-07 13:24:37

SirJosh3917

Xfrogman43 wrote:

I know this isn't stated clearly but,

Rules wrote:

Do not connect to the Everybody Edits server with any client that disturbs or impedes on other user's gameplay. This will result in a warning or ban.

This is disturbing people, there have been threads of "a guest joining my world whenever I enter one" or whatever.

I'm sure you will get punished for stalking every single world like you did with your one bot.

Good day

Rules wrote:

Do not connect to the Everybody Edits server with any client that disturbs

I think it meant hack clients and such, but you have a point I guess.

skullz17 wrote:

Yeah I don't think you should be making chat logs. Probably should have got permission from a mod or admin first.

I was thinking about it... but then I didn't... It was because I've already created the bot too quickly.

JaWapa wrote:

I'm not sure you're really doing anything wrong by collecting public chat logs.  It's not personal, because they've said it in the open where anyone can come in and see.

ninjasupeatsninja wrote:

Well, this'd be a great time to mention account bombers, but nevermind that, let me respond to the happy part.
Thank you!

#7 2015-11-07 13:33:59

Nou

Seriously, how did you think this was a good idea? After the annoying spambot, this is next? Do you just want to get permabanned or something? This is a violation of everyone's privacy. We allow bots for gameplay, this is plain stalking. I don't want to have to disable bot connections because of stuff like this, but you're pushing us there. This has nothing to do with the game itself, stop using EE as your platform for stalking and creepy "experiments".

JaWapa wrote:

ninjasupeatsninja wrote:

Yeah just like if you're outside and the NSA is listening in on your private conversations, but it's ok! Because you're outside!
I want users to feel safe and have their privacy respected, this is really not doing any good in that regard. Plus. guests have been getting enough hate already, now people will kick them even more. Good way of allowing new players to feel the game and the community guys. Way to go.

No u.

#8 2015-11-07 14:49:07

capasha

ninjasupeatsninja wrote:

TL;DR: I have all of your data and i'm planning to make ee experiment videos.

Thanks so much. That you log the chat. Windows 10 nad NSA, and so on wasn't enough. Now we have ninja.

#9 2015-11-07 15:03:18, last edited by Tomahawk (2015-11-07 16:22:39)

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

I'll go first:

Ninja, delete my data.

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

#10 2015-11-07 15:05:40

Schlog

What's next is you delete any/all data you have on anybody on EE, along with deleting your bot.

#11 2015-11-07 15:06:43

Evilbunny

ninjasupeatsninja wrote:

Now i'm planning to make an EE experiment video, but I don't know what to make. Tips if possible, and give your honest, opinions. Whether or not you think this data is safe in my hands, and I want you to think logically about what you're going to say. Consider all the points, and think from my view how I could possible "oppose" your view. Or just leave a comment saying "bad so bad u meen".

Don't make any video about this. What you could you possibly make that was interesting?
"Hurr da durr, the word code was said 5x more often than any other word"
This was a pretty stupid idea, I don't know why you thought people would be ok with this.

Evilbunny (in cursive)

#12 2015-11-07 15:47:20, last edited by bulldozer548 (2015-11-07 16:56:55)

bulldozer548
Website

ninjasupeatsninja wrote:

TL;DR: i have lots of data, planning to make a video.
^
TL;DR: I have all of your data and i'm planning to make ee experiment videos. Please give me ideas on what to make, and leave a post honestly saying what you think. Think carefully about it.

How do I know?
Well, I've been collecting data on players, technically "stalking" all of you - even myself as a data collection for my video series - EE Experiment.

let's be paranoid for a minute

What if an EE world was meant to host a private chat but it wasn't hidden from lobby (e.g. by accident) and everything was logged by NSANinja as a result?
In EE we had those movement-tracking stalker bots, and now we have NSANinja and his (public?) log stalking bot.
Let's just hope he doesn't release that bot into the public.
Talking about videos, he will maybe make a video of his surveillance bot(net) in action.

Woot-13-lightgrey.svg?style=social
How to create an EE remake - Atmas and Smilyball edition:
Java.untill.random public every body edits 2 impliments runnable { string brick; int time; random r=new random() public every body edits 2 (string s); name = s; time =r.nextInt(10,000) } public void run(){ { }

#13 2015-11-07 16:10:07

Anak

I'm gonna have to refrain from playing on EE until this is resolved. I don't want my information logged, I don't want my every action being watched. Whether you intend to do something (malicious) with this information or not, it's immoral, it's ugly, it's in everyone's best interest to just kill it here and now. You're not "technically" stalking us, you're stalking us. And that's not generally accepted in society.

#14 2015-11-07 17:14:21

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Debated this quite a bit with other people.

At first I didn't see where you had done anything wrong, since they are public chats.  I still do not see where you can do anything malicious, or where you are invading anyone's privacy; but you're going to be asked to stop recording it.

Everybody Edits Rules wrote:

Do your best to keep a nice atmosphere in the game.

The way that you went about this disturbed a lot of people, and upset the atmosphere.  People do not want their info logged without their consent, you didn't even mention it to the staff.  This "experiment" had no goal, no purpose, and nothing to contribute.  It would be best if you just deleted all the info you have stored.

#15 2015-11-07 17:23:13, last edited by Zoey2070 (2015-11-07 17:26:21)

SirJosh3917

replies

My gosh, you're all acting crazy. Seriously, what's the problem with this?
It's all public and out there for anybody, if you decide to do it in public, then the people on the world know about it, and what are the chances that you will be the 1/943 person picked for something? Someone's going to be picked, but for what?
Heck, I'll release a zip of all my data in the 4  day time period I was testing in.
Download my data: <snip per admin request>

Plus with the malicious thing.
Have I done any malicious thing where I gave away a player's personal information? No! I'm not that crazy.
Anyways feel free to hate on me, because I just can't stop being happy because I finally got this other program to work.
Also, attempt the "put you in my shoes" thing, but It's just impossible for me to "put me in your shoes", because I simply have no trouble releasing my data.

brb going to soccer game

#16 2015-11-07 17:28:41, last edited by Anak (2015-11-07 17:29:22)

Anak

You should have talked to staff about it first and asked permission of people. Listen to what we're saying that it's so bad you're doing this.
I'm Anak ingame. Delete what you have on me if anything

#17 2015-11-07 17:30:58

Nou

ninjasupeatsninja wrote:

It's all public and out there for anybody, if you decide to do it in public, then the people on the world know about it, and what are the chances that you will be the 1/943 person picked for something? Someone's going to be picked, but for what?
Heck, I'll release a zip of all my data in the 4  day time period I was testing in.
Download my data: herp
Have I done any malicious thing where I gave away a player's personal information? No! I'm not that crazy.
Anyways feel free to hate on me, because I just can't stop being happy because I finally got this other program to work.
Also, attempt the "put you in my shoes" thing, but It's just impossible for me to "put me in your shoes", because I simply have no trouble releasing my data.

brb going to soccer game

I guess you really don't get it considering you, even after (hopefully) reading this thread, still spread all data. It's mass data collection like the damn NSA is going, invading everyone's privacy. Make stuff related to the game, nothing else. Final warning.

No u.

Wooted by: (4)

#18 2015-11-07 17:32:56

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

ninjasupeatsninja wrote:

Was my thought when I first read this.  People do not want to be recorded, and you should respect that.  The staff has to look out for the greater good, and protect the community's wishes.  Therefore, you are not allowed to record this data, release it, turn it into video, or anything else you had in mind.  This "experiment" had little reason for being held.  It seems as if you were only stalking.

Wooted by: (4)

#19 2015-11-07 17:37:55

capasha

JaWapa wrote:
ninjasupeatsninja wrote:

Was my thought when I first read this.  People do not want to be recorded, and you should respect that.  The staff has to look out for the greater good, and protect the community's wishes.  Therefore, you are not allowed to record this data, release it, turn it into video, or anything else you had in mind.  This "experiment" had little reason for being held.  It seems as if you were only stalking.

Sure he can record all data. BUT use it like Hexagon. For something good, instead of reading what people has been writing. Or release it to everyone.

#20 2015-11-07 17:39:50

ZeldaXD
EE Homeboy
Website

ninjasupeatsninja wrote:

blahblah *releases data*

gLjTZE1.png

#21 2015-11-07 17:41:20

AmdS
Website

ninjasupeatsninja wrote

Can't you just get the point that you are breaking a rule?

#22 2015-11-07 17:50:51

CJMaeder

Nice going ninja
You have successfully made yourself a target.
Prepare to be banned from many worlds.

Lame!

#23 2015-11-07 17:51:18

Processor

ninjasupeatsninja wrote:

Seriously, what's the problem with this?

I'm pretty sure recording other people's voices in public - as long as their are on not on a public duty - is illegal in your country too.

Posting generic stats about users (when they do not target a specific one) is probably OK, see Hexagon's stats (that topic was wooted/approved by NOU).

Anyway, the conversation seems to have gone off-topic. The purpose of the thread was set by OP to be:

ninjasupeatsninja wrote:

Please give me ideas on what to make, and leave a post honestly saying what you think. Think carefully about it.

Everyone including ninjasupeatsninja seem to have forgotten about this. This had led to a very poor quality conversion.
This doesn't mean that you weren't allowed to express your (negative) opinion here. I'm certain that ninja will take the given feedback into consideration. However, I also think that enough criticism has been collected. Therefore I am closing this topic.

If someone doesn't like what ninja is doing, they should first contact him in PM to resolve the issue. If that doesn't work, the staff can always help.

I have never thought of programming for reputation and honor. What I have in my heart must come out. That is the reason why I code.

Processor1446915078556143

Board footer