Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-10-30 19:18:18

Ogotu
Website

We [b]must[/b] have deez.

Hello there, forum people. I have suggestions for features that would be simple to implement, and could make a huge difference in the way worlds can be built.

First, I would like to get the simple ideas out of the way before we move on to bigger things:

Crown Doors & Gates mdgvLV.png
Crowns are fun and all. It's great to feel like a king. The only problem is that this doesn't give any advantage to players. They are purely for swagger purposes. Even if you feel like a king, are you really a king? //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/neutral
Adding these neat golden doors & gates would add so - many - possibilities including but not limited to these examples:

• Winner of a death run map becomes death on the next round
• Winner of a trivia game gets to ask questions on the next round
• Simplified mechanisms for two-player co-op maps (i.e. the players grab the crowns from eachother, changing the environment around them)
• Access to new areas once the crown is obtained
• And many more...

I trust the developers would have no difficulties implementing this into the game. I might even add that I'm seriously astonished they haven't done it yet.

Completion Doors & Gates POI6XP.png
That's right, while we're at it, why not add the same mechanism for players who have completed a level? A silver crown really is a testament to your true achievement, but what if you actually unlock something with it? Eh?
Think of the amazing things you could build with these dope silver doors & gates. Here are a few examples:

• Completing the map could give access to minigame selector channels, revolutionizing the way players who've finished the level aid the one's who are having trouble!
• Completing the map could give access to a multitude of (example) blue coin alcoves scattered around the map, emphasizing the map's replayability!
• And many more

Again, I really don't think this would require rocket science knowledge to add.

Moving on...

Party Hat Revamp uWnoO6.png
I don't really understand how having a slice of cake changes your face. If my face changed everytime I had cake, I wouldn't eat cake.
One second you're chilling with your shades on //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool "yeah!" and then you trip over a cake and lose those glasses. Is it really physically impossible to wear shades and a party hat at the same time? ok I'm just rambling on now..
What I suggest is that, rather than cake changing your appearance to a limited set of smileys, it would simply just add a party hat above your selected character. Look how happy the guy in the picture looks.

More aura colors!
Look how awesome these two look. And this is only two out of a whole repertoire of colors that are unused!
kW50aM.png
We need pink auras for the ladies, and we need black auras for the n****s wait what..?
But all jokes aside, I was always surprised by the absence of a black aura. All the auras are just so bright, we need some evil to even it out! https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/d/d2/011_devil https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/3/3d/042_witch
And some people like the color pink. Don't single those people out //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad

Finally, before we move on to my newest concept, I must reiterate something that so many other players have suggested...
AUTOSAVE FEATURE
Listen guys, I wasn't going to add this to my list just because of how much people have asked for it. Here's an anecdote about why I've decided to add this to the list anyway.
I'm an avid world creator, and I've had enough issues already to know that saving often is an essential part of building. I usually do it every 5 or 10 minutes, depending on how much I've improved my builds. The only problem with the instability of the game's servers is that you're never safe from a sudden crash. I was building for about 7 minutes until I realized I couldn't place anymore blocks. I tried saving but to no avail, the world crashed and the progress I made was already lost.
You must add this feature. It would save the lives and motivations of so many players!
TPqLJ4.gif

Alright, now that all of that is out of the way, here's something I wanted to introduce to you:
The Movement Block! k6B285.png
Someday you might build a world with a key mechanism that might require you to clone yourself and throw yourself into the machine. That got me thinking "how would these kind of mechanisms possible work in, say for example, a campaign map?". Of course they wouldn't. You think Nou would want to stay in that machine all day, as people try to get past the challenges in vain?

My suggestion involves a new block that would basically act as an immobile player. This block would respect the laws of gravity & boosters, as well as have the ability to activate keys and (possibly?) switches.
qIo0VB.png
Now I don't have much knowledge of what happens to a world if there are no players in it, though depending on if the whole level unloads or if it still exists there would be simple ways to implement the block.
If the map resets when no-one is in it, the block can simply be moved to where it was originally placed until someone decides to join the level
If the map is still loaded, then it can simply keep moving around or be frozen in place until someone decides to join again.
In any case there is a solution as to how to add this concept to the game. As for the coding portion, the developers should be smart enough to realize it's the same as an immobile player. No need to program all the key inputs or other scripting that relates to players only and that would therefore be useless to the block (deaths, coins and all).
The design I made for it is a placeholder mockup, but I put the best of my Photoshop skills to work to come up with something that didn't look twice as ugly. Anyway I'm sure Toop could come up with something neater for it.

There is obviously some brainstorming to be held if the devs are considering adding something like this. I think it would be very interesting to see how this concept could be used and what people can achieve with it!

I'm open to constructive criticism. If you just say "these ideas are bad m'kay" I'll probably just ignore you. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile
If I have more ideas I'll be sure to share.
If you have some ideas you would like to post on this thread, feel free to do so!

peace out

one man's curse is another man's SKURRRRRRRRRRRRR

#2 2015-10-30 19:41:06

jdude02

Re: We [b]must[/b] have deez.

I absolutely love this. Wooted!

Wooted by:

#3 2015-10-30 19:43:11

Ogotu
Website

jdude02 wrote:

I absolutely love this. Wooted!

//forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile <3

#4 2015-10-30 19:45:22

Krosis
Formerly Arkonagames
Website

Ogotu wrote:
Hidden text

i like almost all of these ideias, but not the silver crown one, it's useless
the golden one is pretty uselful, because the golden crown have the propriety to just have 1 player with it, but the silver crown don't, it's useless because you can just put a switch next to the trophy, or a team block that represents winners

Krosis.gif

Wooted by: (2)

#5 2015-10-30 19:46:18

tentacleTherapist

I like the party hat idea. Problem with the autosaving feature is having it save over something you wanted to keep therefore losing it, an option to turn it off would still prove just as annoying as people would forget to turn it off, in concern with that I still think a ping system to avoid lag kick would work better.

This is hella gay

Wooted by: (3)

#6 2015-10-30 19:46:42, last edited by Ogotu (2015-10-31 01:19:39)

Ogotu
Website

Arkonagames wrote:
Ogotu wrote:
Hidden text

i like almost all of these ideias, but not the silver crown one, it's useless
the golden one is pretty uselful, because the golden crown have the propriety to just have 1 player with it, but the silver crown don't, it's useless because you can just put a switch next to the trophy, or a team block that represents winners

Good call, must admit I haven't thought of that ahahah

tentacleTherapist wrote:

I like the party hat idea. Problem with the autosaving feature is having it save over something you wanted to keep therefore losing it, an option to turn it off would still prove just as annoying as people would forget to turn it off, in concern with that I still think a ping system to avoid lag kick would work better.

Indeed I think having a few options relative to the autosave would be useful. By default I reckon it should be off. Also probably setting how periodic the saves should be.
A ping system would help out a lot too!

#7 2015-10-30 19:49:11

madiik

Wooted, genuine ideas of objects that already exist.

shh i have returned

#8 2015-10-30 20:10:16, last edited by Br0k3n (2015-10-30 20:12:04)

Br0k3n

those ideas are either already asked tons of times and never accepted or will produce lots of lag
except for that, i love all of those ideas

?type=online&name=br0k3n ?type=lastlogin&name=br0k3n ?type=loginstreak&name=br0k3n

76561198080960604.png

#9 2015-10-30 20:14:44

Ogotu
Website

Br0k3n wrote:

those ideas are either already asked tons of times and never accepted or will produce lots of lag
except for that, i love all of those ideas

hahahaah.
thanks man.

Wooted by:

#10 2015-10-30 20:23:59

Weirdoverse
Website

With silver crown u forgot that u can access bonus minis or "ascend"* world

* = recompleting world

A signature is a small piece of text that is attached to your posts. In it, you can enter just about anything you like. Perhaps you would like to enter your favourite quote or your star sign. It's up to you! In your signature you can use BBCode if it is allowed in this particular forum. You can see the features that are allowed/enabled listed below whenever you edit your signature.

#11 2015-10-30 20:26:18

Ogotu
Website

GOG100lol wrote:

With silver crown u forgot that u can access bonus minis or "ascend"* world

* = recompleting world

Yeah of course, but like Arkonagames mentioned the silver crown idea could just be replaced by a switch or team color tag next to the trophy, so the idea is relatively useless.

#12 2015-10-30 22:30:24

Kira

these ideas are bad m'kay

Wooted by:

#13 2015-10-30 22:38:31

SilverStar
EE Homegirl

Welcome to forums //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile Great list, too bad @what Br0k3n said

1oGNJTH.gif

Wooted by:

#14 2015-10-30 23:47:51

madiik

Kira wrote:

no south park, m'kay?

shh i have returned

Wooted by:

#15 2015-10-31 00:11:04

siggihar

I really agree with the party hat idea, the current cake always annoyed me with the smiley change

The crown idea is just brilliant, I can Imagine a lot of possibilites coming with it //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#16 2015-10-31 00:56:07

Prodigy

:O Best... Idea... EVER and he just registered before Halloween :O wow he is smart //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

h0qIF0q.png

Wooted by:

#17 2015-10-31 00:58:05, last edited by Ogotu (2015-10-31 00:59:12)

Ogotu
Website

prodigy5996 wrote:

:O Best... Idea... EVER and he just registered before Halloween :O wow he is smart //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Lol prodigy I've been around EE since 2010/2011. I only just created my forums account because I used to never use them, but as these ideas accumulated I decided I wouldn't just keep them for myself. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

Also I used to be Vince but I renamed to Ogotu. I'm in your signature image ahahahahah

#18 2015-10-31 00:58:42, last edited by Napakeun (2015-10-31 01:01:08)

Napakeun
Formerly goodsmile

Yes, party hat is very good idea and why not change the effect of hologram and diamond block too?
When player tauches hologram/diamond the smiley changes its color graphics (which is cool) but also changes to a normal basic smiley (which is annoying and not special).
It would be much more interesting if that hologram and diamond graphics would not effect that smiley the player was wearing but only effect the smiley color graphics.

Wooted by:

#19 2015-10-31 01:00:42

Ogotu
Website

goodsmile wrote:

Yes, party hat is very good idea and why not change the hologram and diamond block too?
When player tauches hologram/diamond the smiley changes its color graphics (which is cool) buy also changes to a normal basic smiley (which is annoying and not special).
It would be much more interesting if that hologram and diamond graphics would not effect that smiley the player was wearing but only effect the smiley color graphics.

great idea! I was thinking of the holograms and diamond blocks too but I couldn't think of any solutions around re-creating diamond & hologram versions for each smiley. Actually, a graphic filter/effect could work really well!

Wooted by:

#20 2015-10-31 01:06:52, last edited by Napakeun (2015-10-31 01:07:23)

Napakeun
Formerly goodsmile

Ogotu wrote:
goodsmile wrote:

Yes, party hat is very good idea and why not change the hologram and diamond block too?
When player tauches hologram/diamond the smiley changes its color graphics (which is cool) buy also changes to a normal basic smiley (which is annoying and not special).

great idea! I was thinking of the holograms and diamond blocks too but I couldn't think of any solutions around re-creating diamond & hologram versions for each smiley. Actually, a graphic filter/effect could work really well!

Yes exectly what I was thinking. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile Your description makes much more sense than mine haha. I'm just not very good at choosing the right words to describe what I mean, since english isn't my first language.

Wooted by:

#21 2015-10-31 01:10:48

Ogotu
Website

goodsmile wrote:
Ogotu wrote:
goodsmile wrote:

Yes exectly what I was thinking. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile Your description makes much more sense than mine haha. I'm just not very good at choosing the right words to describe what I mean, since english isn't my first language.

No worries man it was good enough to understand //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool

Wooted by:

#22 2015-10-31 01:25:29

Xfrogman43

Silver crown is useless, except for "bonus minis" but usually when you win a level there are minis at the end of the level, so not really useful.

Other ideas are good, but what if somebody uses WPE pro or something similar to hack gold crown for themselves? Would it be you only have to touch it to activate it, like team blocks?

zsbu6Xm.png thanks zoey aaaaaaaaaaaand thanks latif for the avatar

Wooted by:

#23 2015-10-31 01:27:06

jdude02

Kira wrote:

your criticism is vague m'kay

Wooted by:

#24 2015-10-31 01:42:57

Ogotu
Website

Xfrogman43 wrote:

Silver crown is useless, except for "bonus minis" but usually when you win a level there are minis at the end of the level, so not really useful.

Other ideas are good, but what if somebody uses WPE pro or something similar to hack gold crown for themselves? Would it be you only have to touch it to activate it, like team blocks?

Well hacking is obviously a problem that should be dealt with. In any case if there's a possibility they're going to add the crown doors the hacking is something that they're gonna have to look into.

#25 2015-10-31 02:28:44

Onjit
Website

I think gold crown doors are more useful than you might think, as it opens up new possibilities for mechanisms eg. a filtering system that only lets one player through at a time

:.|:;

Wooted by: (4)
Anch1446302397554229

Board footer