Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#26 2015-10-25 23:39:24

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Re: Near Death Experiences?

Had something called "Sheep Disease" as a baby.  I'm told I almost died from that.

Every time I get a cold I feel like I'm dying, if that counts.

Discord: jawp#5123

#27 2015-10-25 23:43:44, last edited by Krosis (2015-10-25 23:45:40)

Krosis
Formerly Arkonagames
Website

once i swallowed a piece of ice that was the size of my hand when i was 7
i also almost died from a ocean wave that was like 200 inches (6 meters)

Krosis.gif

#28 2015-10-25 23:56:14, last edited by Pyromaniac (2015-10-25 23:56:31)

Pyromaniac
Official Caroler

So when I was born, I was so incredibly overweight. That combined with some other complications made the doctors think that I wouldn't live lol

More recently, my sister convinced me it would be a good idea to tie a jumprope to really tall tree in our backyard and swing from it. I tried, and the rubber jumprope snapped and I fell. I landed with a fence spike right next to my neck. Scary //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad

#29 2015-10-26 00:35:28

Pingohits
Banned

0176 wrote:

Either way I still just can't learn to swim to this day. Every time I try to put my head underwater I instantly freak out and back off, and oh God don't even talk about floating on water or I'll panic.

dude

i finally found someone that is just like me

when i was 7 years old, my parents signed me up for swimming lessons
it was fun, because they give you a little floatie and you just paddle around the swimming pool

unbeknownst to my naive self, at the very end of the lesson, everyone had to jump into the pool, sink to the bottom, and the lifeguard would pull you back up. The pool was 4.5 feet deep

so, i did what they told me to
I jumped off, and guess what

I slipped out of the lifeguard's hands, and I was slowly sinking down to the bottom, and I was flailing around, and that made it harder for the lifeguard to bring me back up

I was probably underwater for around 10 seconds before they just said "**** it" and grabbed me by my legs

up to this day, I cannot attend any school trips that involve waterparks, just because of that reason

791mAP8.png

#30 2015-10-26 00:44:21, last edited by 0176 (2015-10-26 00:45:57)

@Pingo I'd rather jump into lava than into a pool

Pyromaniac wrote:

More recently, my sister convinced me it would be a good idea to tie a jumprope to really tall tree in our backyard and swing from it. I tried, and the rubber jumprope snapped and I fell. I landed with a fence spike right next to my neck. Scary //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad

Not me, but well my sister was young, she got her armpit uh.. stuck in a fence spike. As in, the spike pierced it. It was ugly and all, but the thing is that if the spike went like, literally 1 centimeter more to the side, it would've cut a vital vein/artery and I don't even need to say she'd die from blood loss in no time.
Every time she tells me that story I feel uncomfortable as bimps knowing she'd never be where she is right now or that I'd never existed if it wasn't for 1 centimeter.

Wooted by:

#31 2015-10-26 01:06:14, last edited by Abelysk (2015-10-26 01:06:42)

Abelysk

I can't swim either. Almost drowned in my cousin's 5 ft pool

#32 2015-10-26 02:31:52

Insanity

mine was probs when I went scuba diving, i was quite deep, deep enough that if i came up fast my blood vessels would literally pop and id die

basically my mouthpiece malfunctioned, and i nearly panicked but luckily i didnt panick hard enough to swallow or cough up any water, i was able to hold my breathe until I was able to take my partner's spare respirator and purge it in my mouth without gagging

my heart was beating insanely fast, and i dont think ive ever been that scared in my life before

Maverick: Started up on a 6, when he pulled from the clouds, and then I moved in above him.
Charlie: Well, if you were directly above him, how could you see him?
Maverick: Because I was inverted.

#33 2015-10-26 02:47:22

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

0176 wrote:

it wasn't for 1 centimeter.

Well, there was another 6 inches involved.

Discord: jawp#5123

#34 2015-10-26 03:13:13

BuzzerBee
Forum Admin

I almost drowned, twice. Once in a lake and the other time at Schlitterbahn.

TdQRyz3.png
https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/5/5d/135_bee

#35 2015-10-26 17:13:54

Thomas

I often feel the urge to kill myself. I'm at a train station, a train is coming and I think: 'what would happen if I jump in front of it?' I know very well what will happen, but I'm still curious. I've had this often since I can remember. I remember being in the car with my parents on our way to Italy when I was 7 or 8, and I wanted to open the door and jump out of the car. I remember very well that I moved the handle, and I could hear the sound the door makes when it opens in my head. But the door didnt open, because I didnt move the handle var enough.
I don't know if I allways will be able to stop myself. This is why I don't drink or smoke weed much, I want to have control over myself.

Not sure if its very near death, and I know its not very uncommon to have these thoughts. I just wanted to share it.

Please, call me Thomas.

eggplant

#36 2015-10-26 18:42:14

Br0k3n

i used to get a stomach flu or larynghitis nearly every month.
my dad can drive pretty fast and i sometimes hope we dont crash
so yeah nothing really bad.

?type=online&name=br0k3n ?type=lastlogin&name=br0k3n ?type=loginstreak&name=br0k3n

76561198080960604.png

#37 2015-10-26 18:57:54, last edited by Abelysk (2015-10-26 18:58:19)

Abelysk

Thomas wrote:

I often feel the urge to kill myself. I'm at a train station, a train is coming and I think: 'what would happen if I jump in front of it?' I know very well what will happen, but I'm still curious. I've had this often since I can remember. I remember being in the car with my parents on our way to Italy when I was 7 or 8, and I wanted to open the door and jump out of the car. I remember very well that I moved the handle, and I could hear the sound the door makes when it opens in my head. But the door didnt open, because I didnt move the handle var enough.
I don't know if I allways will be able to stop myself. This is why I don't drink or smoke weed much, I want to have control over myself.

Not sure if its very near death, and I know its not very uncommon to have these thoughts. I just wanted to share it.

Same here. Sometimes I wonder if I will kill myself when I grow up - the option to hold a gun and shoot myself in the head or crash into a tree or something by driving a car all seem like things I might do when I'm depressed.

#38 2015-10-26 19:57:03

ZeldaXD
EE Homeboy
Website

I ate meat today.

gLjTZE1.png

Wooted by: (4)

#39 2015-10-26 20:31:11

Anch

When I was a baby I rammed my head into a doorframe and I dented my head and its still there.
//forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile
(Is that why I'm weird?)

#40 2015-10-26 21:01:48, last edited by Pingohits (2015-10-26 21:04:31)

Pingohits
Banned

anch159 wrote:

When I was a baby I rammed my head into a doorframe and I dented my head and its still there.
(Is that why I'm weird?)

uh

just gonna

slip this link for you

here

---

on a different note, this isn't a near-death experience, but it was indeed very bloody

in my infantile age, we used to have a VCR

one evening, i decided it would be a good idea to stick my hand in there

it went in pretty clean, but when I tried to pull it out, something cut through my palm and mother said it cut just enough that I wouldn't need stitches

there was a thread of skin on the floor and blood like everywhere, and you could see the flesh inside my hand

791mAP8.png

Wooted by:

#41 2015-10-26 21:14:43

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

i had a high fever once when i was in like, second grade.

that's probably it. never broke a bone or had stitches. pretty much go out of my way to avoid high-risk situations.

Itsmeandersonlol wrote:

Sometimes I wonder if I will kill myself when I grow up

i feel u, man. when i was a young adolescent i was so sure i was going to end up dropping out of school and/or killing myself.
i guess there's still time tho.

proc's discorb UnGdm07.gif stylish themes for forums/the game UnGdm07.gif
꧁꧂L O V E & C O R N꧁꧂   ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
danke bluecloud thank u raphe   Gq8tv9Z.gif [this section of my sig is dedicated to everything i've loved that's ever died]
? Hc0cu9u.gif         6yG4Efc.gif

#42 2015-10-26 21:31:50

Anak

Thomas wrote:

I know how you feel, I always havei ntrusive thoughts. I can never bring myself to do it though, I guess I'll never know whether it's because I'm too weak or too strong.

#43 2015-10-26 22:06:30

Schlog

I never had any actual near-death experiences. I'm what you call: "not a complete moron".

#44 2015-10-26 22:09:43

Anak

MLGNinja wrote:

I never had any actual near-death experiences. I'm what you call: "not a complete moron".

At least you go the not complete part right

Wooted by:

#45 2015-10-26 22:19:24

Schlog

Anak wrote:
MLGNinja wrote:

At least you go the not complete part right

you are a very hurtful person

Wooted by: (4)

#46 2015-10-26 22:21:55

Thomas

Anak wrote:
Thomas wrote:

I know how you feel, I always havei ntrusive thoughts. I can never bring myself to do it though, I guess I'll never know whether it's because I'm too weak or too strong.

You should never be disappointed you didn't kill yourself, and you should always be glad you're still alive. Because life isn't all that bad, and killing yourself is not the right solution. If you're really that far, you should seek help, because life is great, and you should be able to enjoy it. I would wish nobody to lose the joy of life, because it is amazing. Think about what makes you happy, and about what doesnt. Why does this make you happy? And why doesnt that make you happy?
Please don't lose the joy of life.

Please, call me Thomas.

eggplant

#47 2015-10-26 22:23:08

Anak

Thomas wrote:
Anak wrote:
Thomas wrote:

You should never be disappointed you didn't tell me I'm fabulous //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink)), and you should always be glad you're still alive. Because life isn't all that bad, and killing yourself is not the right solution. If you're really that far, you should seek help, because life is great, and you should be able to enjoy it. I would wish nobody to lose the joy of life, because it is amazing. Think about what makes you happy, and about what doesnt. Why does this make you happy? And why doesnt that make you happy?
Please don't lose the joy of life.

I mean, I'm actually doing pretty ok by myself. I think it's because I can see a way out that I have a plan. Thank you for your kind words. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

#48 2015-10-26 23:38:14

Different55
Forum Admin

Conversation in forumchat reminded me of these.
I had a near death experience twice as a baby. First I was born premature and everybody was pretty sure I was going to die just from being too premature, then later after that was over I almost died of dehydration/undernourishment because I wasn't super capable of consuming food because of the whole being premature thing. Aside from the rough start I haven't had any near death experiences I remember.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#49 2015-10-26 23:48:53

CREASTEDFACE
Website

was at my friends party jumped off the board and was very deep down, I barely held my breath out of panic and was practicly chugging water till i reached the surface. It was not fun i tell you.  0_0

"Parcour is chicken" - Creastedface        ..... and no im not Crashedface for those people who just.... period.

#50 2015-10-27 00:07:03

Pingohits
Banned

i can tell most people have a near-death experience from drowning

this brings us even closer to the banning of dihydrogen monoxide

http://www.dhmo.org/facts.html

it is a FACT that water:

-kills 100% of the human population
-is used in pesticides
-drunk by politicians and terrorists
-found in the sewer