Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-10-16 08:11:37

nlmdejonge

Halloween campaign is nothing but arrow paths

At some point Nou wrote the staff would make the campaigns "as diverse as possible", but the Halloween campaign has levels with arrow paths everywhere.
It's horrible. You're not even pretending any more, are you?
I just finished that nonsense Jaa level and then I end up in more arrow poo in dklevels' level.
And from what I can tell this level is even worse. Terrible.

I have permanently left the game and forum.
EE is an entertaining game and I enjoyed playing it...
...but it's time for me to move on.

#2 2015-10-16 08:54:08

Nou

Re: Halloween campaign is nothing but arrow paths

Consider the following:

- You have to have a similar theme, narrowing it down extremely
- You have to have similar difficulty, narrowing it down even more
- The "diversity" aspect refers to a diversity in level creators. Generally, these creators have different styles too. Plus, "as diverse as possible" is not necessarily untrue. It is as diverse as possible, being within its restrictions.
- I don't make all campaigns. The Halloween one and Adventure thing were made by Master1.
- Opinions, dude. You've been very clear about your preference for more open, exploration-type levels on the forum, so naturally this goes against your preferences.

Why are you making this personal? If you don't like the levels, don't play them. Can't satisfy everyone.

No u.

Wooted by: (2)

#3 2015-10-16 09:43:04

nlmdejonge

Nou wrote:

Opinions, dude.

On the one hand, yes. And I'm voicing mine because it's all I can do; I don't get to pick the campaign levels.

On the other hand, no. It's a fact that the staff has a clear preference for arrow path levels and that this preference is being heavily reflected in your level picks. There's so much more out there, but what players get is more of the same. I didn't say anything about the Tunnel Rats campaign, but "Slipslide Ride" is basically just a variation of the same thing. Even its "Crypts of Anubis" is very similar. It's all speed and space bar control through a path of arrows. Over and over. With spikes/arrows/portals away from the path to mess things up if you move a pixel in the wrong direction. It's boring.

#4 2015-10-16 10:50:40, last edited by Norwee (2015-10-16 10:53:19)

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

Nou wrote:

Consider the following:

- You have to have a similar theme, narrowing it down extremely
- You have to have similar difficulty, narrowing it down even more
- The "diversity" aspect refers to a diversity in level creators. Generally, these creators have different styles too. Plus, "as diverse as possible" is not necessarily untrue. It is as diverse as possible, being within its restrictions.
- I don't make all campaigns. The Halloween one and Adventure thing were made by Master1.
- Opinions, dude. You've been very clear about your preference for more open, exploration-type levels on the forum, so naturally this goes against your preferences.

Why are you making this personal? If you don't like the levels, don't play them. Can't satisfy everyone.

I'm not too fond of the way campaigns work. The issues we talk about has been brought up several times but the moderators always seem to ignore it, take it as a joke or just express their personal dislike for levels/campaigns/ideas they do not like. Have you ever thought that other people might have DIFFERING opinions on levels they think are fun? I's it not contradictory to claim the campaigns are "diverse" when the moderators systematically deny every level that everyone but the pronoob likes? The EElite only wants the same accepted norm, even though most people don't even like it, i have seen the players in the halloween level and many complain about the difficult and hard to understand minis. I thought EE was a sandbox game where creativity was promoted... but nope, the same recycled stuff everytime is the way we want it here now apparently.

If we had one artsy fartsy campaign? Great, but every damn campaign is basically the same as the other with a palette swap. Creativity and diversity? Every level that does not meet the set requirements will be denied:
- Arrowpath minigames that were deemed "pro" by Ex crew are the only accepted minigames.
- Pretty minimap art that looks retarded if minimap was disabled.
- 14-16 minis with some paths inbetween just to spice up the minimap fockage. Why focus on making good gameplay when you can circumvent it by making art first and THEN make players jump between the troll for gameplay? brilliant! Pixel art is great and all, but diversity? i ain't seeing it.

EDIT: Also.. pfft? diversity in level creators? What's the point of arguing with that when 80% of the level creators all do the same style with some slight "twists."

★              ☆        ★        ☆         ★
   ☆    ★                     ★

#5 2015-10-16 11:29:46, last edited by Kira (2015-10-16 11:31:18)

Kira

Grow up. As Nou said, the staff can't satisfy everyone. Surprisingly, it's always the same persons complaining about the campaigns, coincidence?

In the future you will probably have levels without arrows paths, be patient.

Diversity in campaign? There is. You might want to play these levels again. If they have to do a campaign just because someone is complaing, it will totally be meaningless.

Edit: That level made by Jaa is probably one of the best level there is, and everyone would agree with that.

#6 2015-10-16 11:51:57, last edited by Norwee (2015-10-16 11:53:12)

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

Kira wrote:

1*Grow up.
2*Surprisingly, it's always the same persons complaining about the campaigns, coincidence?
3*Diversity in campaign? There is.

1* I would think of you no higher were i 80 years old, nor would i change my opinion. 
2* Yeah, wow ooohh!! And the same people being supportive of the campaign levels, what is your point?
3* Example: Skull citadel and Ex crew oddysey have the exact same minigame style of doing annoying jumps and arrow key mashing in huge arenas of arrows which are confusing, pixel perfect and annoying as balls.

★              ☆        ★        ☆         ★
   ☆    ★                     ★

#7 2015-10-16 12:19:54

Sensei1

In my opinion not all of the campaigns have these kind of "arrow path" minigames. If the fact that 80% of the level creators all do the same style is true, I think it's no wonder that many campaigns are this this style. People are starting to make different worlds though, all the new decos make ingame art easier to make and action blocks help to make new kind of gameplay too!

Anyway! I'm just wondering if most of the campaigns contained "non arrow path" worlds, would those campaigns be different from each other? Maybe they would, idk. You guys could make more campaign suggestions, I think that'd atleast help the admins understand more what kind of worlds you want in campaigns! (If they read those suggestions, idk if they do).

Wooted by:

#8 2015-10-16 13:21:12

nlmdejonge

Sensei1 wrote:

You guys could make more campaign suggestions, [...]

I'm trying.
I already posted this stuff and I'll continue to participate on the Campaign Suggestions board.

New logo for the game. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue
viDCkk5.png

#9 2015-10-16 14:19:43

Abelysk

The Puzzle Pack and the Adventure campaign have been the most diverse so far imo.

Wooted by: (2)

#10 2015-10-16 14:35:51

I'm a bit tired of minigames always being arrow clusters for years too, but I'm not sure if there are enough Halloween levels out there that don't fit that description.
Maybe a few, but I dunno if you can make a whole campaign out of these specific ones.  I guess there had to be a Halloween campaign and levels of that type are common, but 80% of them spam arrows.

#11 2015-10-16 14:54:41

Hostage
Banned
Website

ee staff:
"we're trying here D:"
you're trying too hard

35fa6ee9efa7e42687d426ffeba72dbdb9a95cbfb7d221d698ca2146feebab7c.jpg

#12 2015-10-16 16:26:17

Creature

Do you tried some gameplay other than minis?

This is a false statement.

#13 2015-10-16 16:47:41

Master1

Once again, I'm confused by this... You want me to try and find Halloween maps that DON'T use arrows?? Not happening. The only maps I've ever seen that don't use arrows are the ones from your going home contest, and none of those were Halloween themed.

I did the best I could with what I had.

nicktoot.pngnicktoot.pngnicktoot.png

Wooted by: (3)

#14 2015-10-16 17:26:25, last edited by nlmdejonge (2015-10-16 17:27:35)

nlmdejonge

Master1 wrote:

You want me to try and find Halloween maps that DON'T use arrows??

Arrows are not a problem.
Arrow paths are.
This:

nlmdejonge wrote:

It's all speed and space bar control through a path of arrows. Over and over. With spikes/arrows/portals away from the path to mess things up if you move a pixel in the wrong direction. It's boring.

Surely by now you understand what I am (we are) talking about.

[Edit: That "Everybody Arrows!" was just a joke.]

Wooted by:

#15 2015-10-16 17:34:16

Kira

VCAwdxm.png

#16 2015-10-16 17:55:09

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

while i have no idea what you really mean by arrow paths, i think a little more interesting levels for campaigns would be nice. ain't bout that speed control life.

hey, what if we like... had a subforum... for discussing campaigns suggestions? we could call it... campaign suggestions.

tl;dr you complain but don't offer any concrete solution

proc's discorb UnGdm07.gif stylish themes for forums/the game UnGdm07.gif
꧁꧂L O V E & C O R N꧁꧂   ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
danke bluecloud thank u raphe   Gq8tv9Z.gif [this section of my sig is dedicated to everything i've loved that's ever died]
? Hc0cu9u.gif         6yG4Efc.gif

Wooted by:

#17 2015-10-16 18:01:26, last edited by Breadfinn (2015-10-16 18:02:12)

Breadfinn

5671.jpg

Wooted by:

#18 2015-10-16 18:19:15, last edited by Calicara (2015-10-16 18:19:34)

Calicara

All you scrublords need to pull up your big girl panties and get over your SJW pronoob attitudes. Just because you can't beat a map doesn't give the right to whine about it, and if you wanna go into technicalities trying to prove some asinine point your just gonna look like a whiny little b****.

nlmdejonge wrote:

Arrows are not a problem.
Arrow paths are.

I mean like tf? Get over yourself man. If you don't like it don't play it. There are plenty of quality maps that you can play outside the campaigns and still have a quality playing experience.

tgA1y17.jpg
I am obsessed with Steven Universe

#19 2015-10-16 18:21:04

Nou

There's only a handful of campaigns right now, a lot more will come. They're still new, we have a few more queued up, we're still learning, there's plenty of time for others. Patience.

Zoey2070 wrote:

while i have no idea what you really mean by arrow paths, i think a little more interesting levels for campaigns would be nice. ain't bout that speed control life.

hey, what if we like... had a subforum... for discussing campaigns suggestions? we could call it... campaign suggestions.

tl;dr you complain but don't offer any concrete solution

nlmdejonge does have a thread up, composing campaigns, and I'm keeping my eye on it (like the other threads).

No u.

Wooted by:

#20 2015-10-16 19:55:06

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

You people are crying about arrow path levels in campaign as if there is a LOT of other ways to make a difficult level. How about you give your own suggestions or make your own campaigns and show them to admins?

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#21 2015-10-16 20:19:58

Aaro54

maxi123 wrote:

You people are crying about arrow path levels in campaign as if there is a LOT of other ways to make a difficult level. How about you give your own suggestions or make your own campaigns and show them to admins?

One possibly way to make a level difficult without arrow paths (not completely sure what those are though, can someone explain me?) is by puzzles, like in the puzzle pack. An other way could be a campaign based on levels like that one level by toop where you change the time in the town square  and need to figure out how to get what you need to progress. There probably aren't that many levels like that though and people can always just make tutorials for those. I was thinking of making a campaign like that but I don't know any other levels like that than that level by toop. I might make some level with a similiar system but I'd still need a 3rd level

Wooted by:

#22 2015-10-16 20:24:16

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

Aaro54 wrote:
maxi123 wrote:

One possibly way to make a level difficult without arrow paths (not completely sure what those are though, can someone explain me?) is by puzzles, like in the puzzle pack. An other way could be a campaign based on levels like that one level by toop where you change the time in the town square  and need to figure out how to get what you need to progress. There probably aren't that many levels like that though and people can always just make tutorials for those. I was thinking of making a campaign like that but I don't know any other levels like that than that level by toop. I might make some level with a similiar system but I'd still need a 3rd level

Yeah, a puzzle level and a map-changing level, is that all..?

i8SwC8p.png

#23 2015-10-16 20:29:28

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

Master1 wrote:
maxi123 wrote:

Yeah, a puzzle level and a map-changing level, is that all..?

I guess you could always just spam spikes everywhere in awkward places and call it "hard"

...but that would be more annoying than difficult in my opinion.

That proves there's not that many ways to make a difficult yet not "annoying and cheap" world...

i8SwC8p.png

#24 2015-10-16 20:35:28

nlmdejonge

maxi123 wrote:

You people are crying about arrow path levels in campaign as if there is a LOT of other ways to make a difficult level.

Find unique, innovative, fun, clever, entertaining, etc. levels.
If you've found them, combine themes and difficulties.
Finding "ways to make a difficult level" is basically off-topic.

#25 2015-10-17 00:28:52

iPwner
Website

Failgirl101 wrote:

All you scrublords need to pull up your big girl panties and get over your SJW pronoob attitudes. Just because you can't beat a map doesn't give the right to whine about it, and if you wanna go into technicalities trying to prove some asinine point your just gonna look like a whiny little b****.

wow great argument figtron you sure convinced me with those hot opinions p.s. ur phat

Addi wrote:

Cry me a river

Kira wrote:

: Not sure if just trolling or just stupid

Too lazy to reply to these, but a poem speaks a thousand words or something like that so~  <-- transitionary squiggle //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Chowder Sounds

Butt-chugging beliguered frostral booobs,
Dilly-niggled fitchberg stew.
The woots have spoken and the woots are true,
The pronoobs suck - we are better than you!!
Go succulate doo out an ostriches ~HOO!~ and
Devour the fresh crabs out of yo mother's vaj...rapani institute.
I bid a fair and well bidue,
You suck, bimps you, and bimps you too!

~yeah!

ssAARASAAAAAAAAA  iAAAAAAAAAAAAA OU yaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAA YAAAaa YAAaah; yaayaayaa, yayayaya-ya-ya YAAA YAAAYA; YAYAYA YAAHAYAhAAAAAAAAAA 

EPIOOOOOUUUUUUuuuuuu   IUO0O0oooooooooooppi

;3 0>o ~X_x~ <~(^V^)~> (); ;B ;~; *~<:',',',',',{ Q=(*@`)Q

Im A ®a®ity ®

Wooted by: (4)
nlmdejonge1445805272552961

Board footer