Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#51 2015-09-29 19:01:32, last edited by Swarth100 (2015-09-29 19:17:20)

Swarth100

Re: Feedback and brainstorming: The Block Bar

This is my personal suggestion:

eXeYQEp.png

The quickbar would work just as it does now BUT when clicking on a block title (or maybe alt/ctrl clicking?) it adds the block pack itself to the quickbar, thus making it easier than selecting the single ones you need.

EDIT: The width of the block bar could be selected as an option (as in small, medium or large) allowing more or less blocks to be shown on each page and thus determining a smaller or greater amount of pages.

EDIT2: Here is what a "Large" Block Bar would look like:

VycxGeh.png

#52 2015-09-29 20:09:25

Mait

Add custom edit bars so you can save it

Mait.jpg
Let's get to 5000.

#53 2015-09-29 20:51:24

Moukdaboss
Banned

1 question

4c63f77379b4b94987b1e54ecb62cb05.png

WHY IS THERE SO MUCH EXTRA SPACE

idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot

Wooted by: (3)

#54 2015-09-29 21:34:41

some woman

Moukdaboss wrote:

1 question

4c63f77379b4b94987b1e54ecb62cb05.png

WHY IS THERE SO MUCH EXTRA SPACE

to remain consistent with the size of the decorative tab

10 years and still awkward. Keep it up, baby!

Wooted by: (2)

#55 2015-09-29 21:56:37

nlmdejonge

Something else you could do is just show the names of the categories/types and then you can click them, keep the mouse button down, and while it's down it shows all the blocks for that category/type, and then you release the button on the block you want. This could be usable in some way, maybe, in combination with other stuff from this thread.

I have permanently left the game and forum.
EE is an entertaining game and I enjoyed playing it...
...but it's time for me to move on.

#56 2015-09-29 22:43:03

some woman

just put in a scrollbar, like this but with real block packs and not done in <10 minutes
HCO6mkr.png
N381KOP.png

#57 2015-09-29 22:58:57

Swarth100

some man wrote:

just put in a scrollbar, like this but with real block packs and not done in <10 minutes
http://i.imgur.com/HCO6mkr.png
http://i.imgur.com/N381KOP.png

Kong users have real big issues with scroll bars //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad

We should have mercy of them reducing their sufferings //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

Wooted by: (2)

#58 2015-09-29 23:02:38

Napakeun
Formerly goodsmile

Off topic question: what is the issue with kong users and scroll bar anyway? I don't get it.

Wooted by:

#59 2015-09-29 23:09:46

Anak

goodsmile wrote:

Off topic question: what is the issue with kong users and scroll bar anyway? I don't get it.

Nou said the scroll on Kong can't be fixed bc of Kong
I don't know the exact reason though

#60 2015-09-29 23:15:01

rgl32

if you scroll with the mouse wheel you move the entire page, and kong is probably set up where they can't fix that for whatever reason. The only way for scroll bars to work is changing to full screen, and not many people like playing in fullscreen.

#61 2015-09-29 23:17:22

Kirby

Whatever does end up happening, can the old way still be an option in settings?

#62 2015-09-29 23:17:50

Nou

Anak wrote:
goodsmile wrote:

The antiscroll is programmed into the website; we can't modify the Kongregate website.

No u.

Wooted by:

#63 2015-09-29 23:25:08

some woman

Nou wrote:
Anak wrote:
goodsmile wrote:

The antiscroll is programmed into the website; we can't modify the Kongregate website.

well there's a scrollbar on the chat, right?

#64 2015-09-29 23:29:14

Nou

some man wrote:
Nou wrote:
Anak wrote:
goodsmile wrote:

Yes, and using the scroll button on your physical mouse on the chat scroll bar works without moving the entire page. On Kongregate, it'll scroll down the entire page so the game gets scrolled away.

No u.

#65 2015-09-29 23:31:38

Anch

Nou wrote:
some man wrote:
Nou wrote:
Anak wrote:
goodsmile wrote:

Yes, and using the scroll button on your physical mouse on the chat scroll bar works without moving the entire page. On Kongregate, it'll scroll down the entire page so the game gets scrolled away.

Wait you're telling me scrolling using your scroll bar on the main site isn't supposed to move the whole page?
Well it does for me... all these years ;_;

#66 2015-09-29 23:38:48

some woman

Nou wrote:
some man wrote:
Nou wrote:
Anak wrote:
goodsmile wrote:

i meant the chat that's in the game itself
i don't know which one you were referring to, kong's built-in chat or everybody edits's chat feature

and you can just drag the scrollbar down to scroll

#67 2015-09-29 23:50:55

Freckleface

How about just have groups and when you mouse over em it brings up a menu with all the blocks of the group in it? otherwise style 2

F

#68 2015-09-29 23:56:46

Purge2202

Spinastar wrote:

This is my personal suggestion:

http://imgur.com/eXeYQEp.png

The quickbar would work just as it does now BUT when clicking on a block title (or maybe alt/ctrl clicking?) it adds the block pack itself to the quickbar, thus making it easier than selecting the single ones you need.

EDIT: The width of the block bar could be selected as an option (as in small, medium or large) allowing more or less blocks to be shown on each page and thus determining a smaller or greater amount of pages.

EDIT2: Here is what a "Large" Block Bar would look like:

http://imgur.com/VycxGeh.png

I agree with this.

I am new to the forums, i'll setup a sign later //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Wooted by:

#69 2015-09-30 00:10:07

bubba0nate

Idea for the block bar
Make it kinda like the U-Shaped one, but make it four bars that scroll as you mouse over them (mouse moves left, it moves right, adds more space, sorta.) One for each category.

#70 2015-09-30 00:13:28

iPwner
Website

Thomas wrote:

I liked ttskate53's idea, but I don't like the idea of having to klick 2 times to get another block, so I mixed my idea with his, and made this:
http://i.imgur.com/A2SZsAs.png
I also made it without block titles, because I really like the idea of being able to turn off the block titles.
http://i.imgur.com/y62cZNc.png
If you klick on the arrow next to the block pack the blocks disappear(I forgot to make the arrows in the first picture). You only see the first block of the block pack. If you klick on that block, you can see the whole block pack again. With this feature, you go from 6 rows with blocks to 4 rows with blocks, and without the title even 3 rows with blocks. Notice that I left some block packs open, if you close those you only have 2 rows of blocks.

I agree with this, except that on default the blocks should just show one block of the pack, and you can click to expand and collapse them. Also I think the text should begone, cuz as evident in this picture, if the text were removed, the size of the editing bar-thing-or-whatever-the-dickins-its-called would be sliced in half.

ssAARASAAAAAAAAA  iAAAAAAAAAAAAA OU yaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAA YAAAaa YAAaah; yaayaayaa, yayayaya-ya-ya YAAA YAAAYA; YAYAYA YAAHAYAhAAAAAAAAAA 

EPIOOOOOUUUUUUuuuuuu   IUO0O0oooooooooooppi

;3 0>o ~X_x~ <~(^V^)~> (); ;B ;~; *~<:',',',',',{ Q=(*@`)Q

Im A ®a®ity ®

#71 2015-09-30 01:31:27

Prodigy

This is a really good idea //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile but not a lot of people would get used to it :/

h0qIF0q.png

#72 2015-09-30 01:34:06

Terrasher
Website

I vote for making different pages.

I don't like seeing a single block for each package, and I'd hate it if the bar went to the side or made a U or whatever.

Pages would probably be the simplest and least confusing way to fix this.

tumblr_mkwgua1DWj1qe0clto1_500.gif

Compare your lives to mine and then kill yourselves.

Song over, back to field. Putin is great!

Wooted by: (3)

#73 2015-09-30 01:53:58

bubba0nate

Eh, remove the "going around the whole screen" thing from my idea. It scrolls so that it has more space, but doesn't change otherwise. No scroll bar, just a longer menu that scrolls side to side. Left side of the screen = left side of the menu scrolled onscreen.

#74 2015-09-30 09:52:03, last edited by Swarth100 (2015-09-30 15:44:43)

Swarth100

Hello,

Today I worked on two more suggestions for the block bar.

But before talking about them I think the following aspects should be taken into consideration:

1) Old players may know exactly where every block is without the need to see them all, but new players may always want to see all their block inventory.
2) The block inventory of new players grows over time starting from a small block amount, meaning that they do not have the vision problems older players have when building.
3) We do NOT want to hit extra buttons when building like pages or extra menus for blocks as they require LOTS of time (at least if you intend to use 10+ different blocks)
4) We cannot change the block bar too much as we are all used to working a certain way with the popup bar coming out from underneath.

So in order to make all blocks visible, always to everyone, I would suggest the following changes:

A) Many Blocks can really be grouped together:
   - The Summer 2011, Halloween 2011 and Christmas blocks could go under one name: seasonal.
   - Wild west and Dojo blocks could go under one name even though the block packages could still be sold separately
   - Lava, Farm, Sand, Cloud and Grass are really all Environment Blocks
   - Secret Blocks (counting Invisible ones) and One way Blocks should be put under the "Action" Tab
   - We need a DARK GREEN Glass block, PURPLE and DARK GREEN Mineral Blocks and a PURPLE Plastic Block for consistency with other similar block packs.
   - Medieval, Prison and Pirate Pack could be put together in the display with a different name (even though the block packages could still be sold separately)
   - Factory and Metal Blocks could be put together

-All these changes would lead to something like this:
RZzStaL.png

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

B) Once grouped the blocks together, though, there could be categories for the blocks to fall in, this way it would be easier to find them and we would still be saving space:
u4Iy3v4.png

As you can see both this layout leaves plenty of empty space in the block tab meaning it can be reduced in height.

Does this solve the issue indefinitely? Nope, but it would give a more organized layout. In this way having different pages for blocks wouldn't be as chaotic and the blocks themselves could be found faster.

#75 2015-09-30 12:37:07

Purge2202

Spinastar wrote:

Hello,

Today I worked on two more suggestions for the block bar.

But before talking about them I think the following aspects should be taken into consideration:

1) Old players may know exactly where every block is without the need to see them all, but new players may always want to see all their block inventory.
3) We do NOT want to hit extra buttons when building like pages or extra menus for blocks as they require LOTS of time (at least if you intend to use 10+ different blocks)

All your ideas are great, but I don't agree with these statements...

I'm an old player for sure, and I have no freaking idea where everything is.

Also, if you don't want to switch pages, be on the page with eh most blocks you need & put the others on your block bar at the bottom. Easy peasy.

I am new to the forums, i'll setup a sign later //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

skullz171446119480553730

Board footer