Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-08-21 12:44:34, last edited by AlphaJon (2015-08-21 12:45:17)

AlphaJon

Combine limited block count

I noticed there are quite a few blocks that you can have only a limited amount of, and it can become difficult to choose when you need several of them.
In order to make choosing blocks easier, I suggest we group the blocks that behave the same/similarly.

My suggestions are: (I ordered them from what seems to me the most obvious ones to combine to the less obvious ones)

- Fire hazards and spikes: They basically do the same thing, the only differences being the spikes can be rotated, and the sprites used for them.
- Portals and Invisible portals: Thay act the same, only visibility changes.

- Yellow coin doors/gates and Blue coin doors/gates: Well, the only difference is which kind of coin affects them.
- Spawn points and Checkpoints: The difference is spawns are used when one joins the world, and checkpoints are used when one dies. (The exception being if you die without touching any checkpoint)

For example, if you have 30 spikes and 20fire, you would have 50 spikes and fire (you can put 40spikes+10fire in one world and only fire in another if you wish)

Energy costs are the same for both items grouped, so there will not be any energy gain/loss from going to the current system to this one.

Feel free to suggest any improvement to this idea, or why this would not be a good idea.

#2 2015-08-21 15:15:06

Swarth100

Re: Combine limited block count

Wooting this!

As it is now it would be like having CYAN team doors and gates seperate from RED and BLUE ones...

Swarth1001440166506532920

Board footer