Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#51 2015-07-13 20:02:13

Vasum01

Re: a dead contest

peugeot wrote:
Kirby wrote:
peugeot wrote:
Kirby wrote:
peugeot wrote:

So i was thinking of making another contest,a one that fits more to what vasum01 said.
But,it would probably fail.
again.
why do we need these unofficial contests?
then i thought about making a fifa contest while i was writing this,but yeah,nobody on ee has a social life so they never kicked a ball.
and they probably hate football.
yeah.
anyways,someone please lock this thread,its ugly

Maybe, just maybe, people didn't take this contest seriously because of your maturity

peugeot wrote:

nobody on ee has a social life so they never kicked a ball

How can you have a social life if you're that rude? I get you're angry, but no need to take it out on the community as a whole.

im not rude.i literally asked almost every person i met on ee if he likes football/soccer.
they replied with:
no
or
i hate it

Football/soccer isn't the only sport in the world, no need to say if they don't like soccer, they have no social life

also asked some ppl if they have a favorite sport
megalamb likes tennis
other people are like:
sports are boring
im not going to watch more than an hour of sweaty ppl kicking balls,jumping,swinging rackets or sticks

I like soccer.. Or football if you aren't in the US. But no need to draw total conclusions :/

#52 2015-07-13 20:06:19

skullz17

Can I just point out that it's a popular stereotype that gamers have no social life and that my previous post was sarcastic? And that what peugeot said was probably just a joke referring to that stereotype?

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

#53 2015-07-13 20:12:35

Xfrogman43

Everybody went to school, isn't that enough socialization?

zsbu6Xm.png thanks zoey aaaaaaaaaaaand thanks latif for the avatar

#54 2015-07-13 20:33:00

BEE

Would you like my opinion on why no one signed up?

I know I didn't sign up because finding a team of "parkour, art and bot" is odd, and as an artist "They have 15 minutes" to create something artistic is just an unrealistic expectation that would have produced nothing more than sprite art.

EE succeeds because it is self pacing and work on your own time, not "show up at this specific time and be timed." People have lives and other events that take precedent over EE. When a contest is a "It doesn't matter when you work or how long you work as long as you get it done by X" then people are able to manage their time more accurately and think about how to best improve their levels.

Also, when promising gems, it is important to either be known as a trusted player that follows up on their word or to have an admin confirm that gems are bought. It is too easy to have a gem hunt or a contest hyped and then the owner disappear.

Just some thoughts, if you wish them.

Custom Tab: Forum Post|Trello

Thanks Xen for my Avatar and Smitty for the smiley 47BA5lq.png

#55 2015-07-13 21:14:15

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

peugeot wrote:

someone please lock this thread

done & done -- also a+ going way off-topic even though I suggested not doing so.

proc's discorb UnGdm07.gif stylish themes for forums/the game UnGdm07.gif
꧁꧂L O V E & C O R N꧁꧂   ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
danke bluecloud thank u raphe   Gq8tv9Z.gif [this section of my sig is dedicated to everything i've loved that's ever died]
? Hc0cu9u.gif         6yG4Efc.gif

Wooted by:
Zoey20701436818455521415

Board footer