Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-07-12 17:51:40

Legoking2000

Past Year in EE

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but may someone please tell me what happened to this game in the past year or so.  It used to be so fun, now it's just... blah.  Also, congrats to everyone that became a mod/guardian (if they still have those)/etc.!

#2 2015-07-12 17:52:58

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Re: Past Year in EE

Discord: jawp#5123

Wooted by:

#3 2015-07-12 18:03:28

Legoking2000

I was kind of hoping for a player's perspective of the past year, not just the blog.  I've read the blog.  It doesn't tell me much beyond block/mechanic additions, new smileys, "community creations," and poor choices (rarely good ones) made by a select group of the community.  I wanted to see how people felt how the game has changed over the past year or so because I am not able to make that analysis (not even with the support of the blog).

#4 2015-07-12 18:57:37

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

the last year? Well, I'll start from last summer.

- MrShoe/Void made an appearance, added some stuff
- Guardians were added (Kingoftheozone, NVD, Ultrabase, JaWapa)
- Few more things added
- MrShoe goes on holiday for a month
- MrShoe comes back, and says they can no longer work on the game
- NVD takes ownership of the game (February?)
- EE Staff is built up/changed to it's current form
- Online users goes from 150-200 to 250-450
- Quality updates added

That's all I got.

Discord: jawp#5123

#5 2015-07-12 19:10:17, last edited by Badoosh (2015-07-12 19:28:28)

Badoosh
EE Homeboy
Website

There's been lots of complaining since the new team has made a lot of changes to the game, but lots of praise too. To list a few: no more magic class/ smiley lock/ potions, new graphics look to smileys/blocks, bug fixes, gem hunts, new website design... etc.

The game has gotten more clarity since the team has a manager with a clear goal and community ties (something mrshoe never did). It still isn't in a point to be not "blah," but it's on the right track. There's a big update they're hyping which I'm excited about.

Honestly, I think this is the best EE has been in a long time, and I'm grateful that there's a team that actually cares about the game.

Edit:

On the down side, new users are still being f'ed over by the shop, there's been a massive hate on guests (kicking and bullying away potential new players), and people getting accs pretending to be secret mods to phish.

Also, wb!

Wooted by: (4)

#6 2015-07-12 20:04:36

Srna

OMG LEGOKING2000

#7 2015-07-12 21:08:14

Kamekthemagician

JaWapa wrote:

the last year? Well, I'll start from last summer.

- MrShoe/Void made an appearance, added some stuff
- Guardians were added (Kingoftheozone, NVD, Ultrabase, JaWapa)
- Few more things added
- MrShoe goes on holiday for a month
- MrShoe comes back, and says they can no longer work on the game
- NVD takes ownership of the game (February?)
- EE Staff is built up/changed to it's current form
- Online users goes from 150-200 to 250-450
- Quality updates added

That's all I got.

Yeah, lots of things happened last year, and as I remember it only started at the summer. A complete year would have a lot of things, more than this ones.

udZX0YY.gif

My nickname in-game is Supermariobros20. I have played EE for 4 years! I love creating Super Mario worlds!

#8 2015-07-13 12:36:19, last edited by Pyromaniac (2015-07-13 12:41:02)

Pyromaniac
Official Caroler

Well lets see---

The new/old forums run by Atilla and Meredith had a huge meltdown after the two went crazy. It started when Mrshoe created Guardian positions and gave them to NVD, Jawapa etc. There was much much much drama over thee positions for some reason..?

D55 heroically saved heroically saved all the data from the forum and moved us here, to our new home :3

A new crew was created, NSFW that had a fantastic streak of 2 levels. No word from them since.

EX crew shift came back, to exactly 3 peoples delight.

Mrshoe finally left and gave the game to NVD, causing another, smaller uproar over his age.

Team eventually morphed into what it is now.

More drama ensued after Jawapa reportedly gave free poop away (Idk i didn't follow this one closely)

Jawapa left

Jawapa came back 1 day later

People whined about both events

I accidentally made the mistake of saying I dont like tumblr and people got really, really defensive. Yeah idk.

There was a scandal about NVD giving away free BC or something, and then for some dumb reason he decided to delete all the topics related to it on the forum causing people to flip their poop, which made him panic more and delete even more topics, again for some dumb reason.

There were a couple contests, which of course caused drama.

Drama.

IPwner became weirder and weirder and started making less and less sense. But everyone just ignores him.

Updates added

Lots of talk about gay people on the forum, everyone collectively rolls their eyes.

Lots of new people join the forum and make dumb topics.

people complain a lot about the "OLD EE"

And that pretty much brings us to the present! Despite all the drama, Badoosh is right and EE does seem to be doing well.

Wooted by: (4)

#9 2015-07-13 12:59:07

iPwner
Website

EE is indeed a bit better as a game but the "community" is declining exponentially and now all we are left with reminiscent doo residue such as...

Pyromaniac wrote:

IPwner became weirder and weirder and started making less and less sense. But everyone just ignores him.

*Becoming moar and moar 4troof and everyone slowly fluttering their I's aj4r~ FORUM =/= everyone, forum = the "clinical" portion of ee; their predisposition is to be blind to reality and pretend to ignore smartpeople in order to save their EverybodyEditsSocialStatii® :J

ssAARASAAAAAAAAA  iAAAAAAAAAAAAA OU yaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAA YAAAaa YAAaah; yaayaayaa, yayayaya-ya-ya YAAA YAAAYA; YAYAYA YAAHAYAhAAAAAAAAAA 

EPIOOOOOUUUUUUuuuuuu   IUO0O0oooooooooooppi

;3 0>o ~X_x~ <~(^V^)~> (); ;B ;~; *~<:',',',',',{ Q=(*@`)Q

Im A ®a®ity ®

Wooted by: (2)

#10 2015-07-13 16:15:00

Pyromaniac
Official Caroler

Yeah see what I mean

Wooted by:

#11 2015-07-13 16:25:57

Vasum01

iPwner wrote:

*Becoming moar and moar 4troof and everyone slowly fluttering their I's aj4r~ FORUM =/= everyone, forum = the "clinical" portion of ee; their predisposition is to be blind to reality and pretend to ignore smartpeople in order to save their EverybodyEditsSocialStatii® :J

You used some pretty big words there - nearly took you as an intelligent person until you completely and utterly ****ed it up.

Wooted by: (2)

#12 2015-07-13 18:12:42

skullz17

but

i listen to ipwner ;_;

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

#13 2015-07-13 19:20:08

Abelysk

I noticed that you returned to EE very recently. All I gotta say is: give EE a chance. Enjoy the updates, get some people to play some fun levels with you, look up some of our newly-made worlds posted on the forums, and most of all, just have fun. I can certainly say that the updates have been fine the past year, especially when the ownership of EE went towards the community.

I personally don't think EE itself is bad, but the popular worlds being released recently have been sub-par. Play on the weekends - there are usually a lot of well-crafted worlds to avail. Also, the well-made worlds will most often be somewhere down in the lobby with a low amount of players. Now that we have the option to see a world's minimap from the lobby, you can see which worlds you think are interesting or worlds that put you off.

Wooted by:

Nou

#14 2015-07-13 19:41:37

Krosis
Formerly Arkonagames
Website

Pyromaniac wrote:

Lots of new people join the forum and make dumb topics.

Me //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Krosis.gif

Krosis1436812897521357

Board footer