Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#76 2015-06-15 03:39:21

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Re: The EE staff, their roles, their vision.

Nou wrote:

All valid questions, but I'm going to have to disappoint you with my answers: I'm not actually sure how the transfer took place, I joined after all this happened and I never really asked. Currently, we have no official NDAs, we're working on a base of trust, but NDAs really aren't a bad idea. Also, considering the legal requirement of the age of 18 it may also be tough to enforce these.

Actually we did have one, created with the help from Helvi.  But at the time, it wasn't followed... exactly.  There were several issues in the way it was written, and given to us.

Discord: jawp#5123

#77 2015-06-15 04:10:51

Master1

eeisold wrote:

perhaps I fit in here better if I'm more blatant

all you mods suck

Instead of being rude, please explain why we suck. There is no use in simply saying "You guys suck" as that doesn't tell us how to improve. We can't be any better unless you add some sort of logical explanation to back it up.

nicktoot.pngnicktoot.pngnicktoot.png

Wooted by: (3)

#78 2015-06-15 04:35:32

Onjit
Website

Onjit wrote:

Do the guardians/admins get on at different timezones? What I'm saying is that (I think at least) there should probably be at least one guardian online 24hrs a day

This question seemed to get lost within Tomkazaz's raging

:.|:;

#79 2015-06-15 04:43:54

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Onjit wrote:
Onjit wrote:

Do the guardians/admins get on at different timezones? What I'm saying is that (I think at least) there should probably be at least one guardian online 24hrs a day

This question seemed to get lost within Tomkazaz's raging

For the most part, at least one of us is always online.

M1, Koto, Toop, and myself live in America, and the rest of the staff lives on the other side of the world.

Master1 wrote:

Instead of being rude, please explain why we suck. There is no use in simply saying "You guys suck" as that doesn't tell us how to improve. We can't be any better unless you add some sort of logical explanation to back it up.

I don't know how many times this needs to be said/explained.  I get that some of you may be unhappy with things.  That's fine.  Express your concerns about it, tell us what we done wrong.  But be respectful when you do it, and try to contain the outbursts of rage.  For those of you that can't seem to understand that: your thoughts/comments mean almost nothing.  You are so muted it isn't funny.  If you are severally **** about something, great.  Take a day or two, calm down, than come to us.  But calling us names, insulting us, and bad mouthing the game isn't going to get you anywhere.

Wooted by: (4)

#80 2015-06-15 12:05:30

rgl32

You guys seemed to miss eeisold post on the third page, he only said the mods sucks blatantly to prove a point, he actually did make an argument that the majority of people missed.

eeisold wrote:

Assuming that your moderators/admins actually give a fixed amount of care to each issue, then yes, you're right. People would definitely burn out. But let's be honest. This is the internet, some are even reluctant (still) to give their ages. There's very few layers of abstraction left to distance someone from their obligations

This is where reliant on each individual person leaves and reliant on the staff as a whole come into play. If you look at the first post you notice nou put in his description that he is the one monitoring the staff making sure things get done. The main reason why people get lazy is because no one is there to check them, which is why the internet is a great reason (Excuse) for people because they are seemingly alone. If a company not on the internet didn't manage their staff, and let them do anything, they would fail, just like every other company anywhere else would. The internet is not an exception and if they are able to have open communication and management with people in the staff,and with the numerous ways to contact people now, it is becoming easier and easier to do, then they still have their obligations that they hold due to active follow up. And yes, this is determined on how much people care to keep in contact/do things, yet they have proven to listen to the community and actively listened to peoples concerns, as they are doing it right now, they show they have cared about what is happening to the game and managed the staff as they see fit, notice how people in the staff have moved around, this shows they aren't keeping people stagnant if something does happen.

Wooted by: (2)

#81 2015-06-15 12:32:55

Abelysk

eeisold wrote:

perhaps I fit in here better if I'm more blatant

all you mods suck

It is Summer... Most of the Mods would be sucking on popsicles anyway. And nope, no pun intended.

#82 2015-06-15 12:45:18

Zumza

if NOU ensures if admins and mods are doing their work, who ensures that NOU ensures?

Everybody edits, but some edit more than others

Wooted by:

#83 2015-06-15 12:52:09

rgl32

Zumza wrote:

if NOU ensures if admins and mods are doing their work, who ensures that NOU ensures?

Well then who will ensure that person ensures nou? it has to stop somewhere, and it stopped sooner than later.

#84 2015-06-15 12:56:38

TheSource85

rgl32 wrote:
Zumza wrote:

Well then who will ensure that person ensures nou? it has to stop somewhere, and it stopped sooner than later.

basically it's like this: nou ensures the team, the team is capable enough to notice when (or rather if) it's not going well, so the strength of the team ensures that nou ensures, which basically is again ensured by nou, because he ensures that primarily, so in a way, nou is ensuring himself and checking himself by ensuring the functioning of the team. of course nvd will keep an eye open as well, but he is also being guided by nou, as he gave nou that position.. so nou ensures that, while being backed by nvd, while being checked by the team, while checking himself and ensuring that that ensurance is ensured on everything.

Any kind of management not willing to listen is no management at all..

Wooted by: (5)

#85 2015-06-15 13:09:37

Dbear

JaWapa wrote:
Dbear wrote:

Jawapa's 16? Hm, suddenly the racism doesn't seem all that surprising. I'd think he'd grow out of it, but his ilk typically don't.

Please, go read the thread again.  Nothing in the topic was racist.

Seems people throw scream "racist" every time someone questions the actions of a specific group of people.

I mean, I understand that you are in fact a literal child, so digesting this might be a tad difficult for you, but do explain how a little white boy somehow managed to meet all 38 million black people to make the call that the majority of them "sag their pants to their knees, do drugs, and talk like idiots"?

It's a shame that eeforumify.com no longer works, otherwise I'd simply link the topic, but I did save these gems:

Majority of the black people I know sag their pants to their knees, do drugs, and talk like dumba$$es (like: yo dawg, eh jus wen ta da mov-ie an watch cap-n amarca, it was good). Before you say that's racist, it's not. This IS how most black people act. I do know some black people who are decent people and I enjoy talking to.

What I am saying is that a certain race acts in a way, then when other races say something about it, then they claim they are racist.

Stating how the majority of people act, is not being racist.

If you act this way, than why are you offended? If you don't act this way, then you can blame most of the other African-American people for bringing this on...

Natural black people have fuller lips so they will talk differently from white people... thats still different from talking like a ****...
And I'm not basing a whole race off of a few people... I'm not basing anything... I said MOST black people act that way, NOT ALL but MOST.

Like, I guess one could be severely undereducated, and so unbelievably racist that they don't, or rather can't realize how racist they are. But hey, if you want to go and say that "most" black people act this way, I suppose I could make the statement that most whites are redneck hicks, or neo nazis, or mentally disturbed school shooters waiting to happen. Not all, but most. :^)

Please, call me Danni.
NNID: DanniDearest
MK8 or Splatoon, brah.
EOnu2OZ.png

#86 2015-06-15 13:14:22

TheSource85

Dbear wrote:
JaWapa wrote:
Dbear wrote:

Jawapa's 16? Hm, suddenly the racism doesn't seem all that surprising. I'd think he'd grow out of it, but his ilk typically don't.

Please, go read the thread again.  Nothing in the topic was racist.

Seems people throw scream "racist" every time someone questions the actions of a specific group of people.

I mean, I understand that you are in fact a literal child, so digesting this might be a tad difficult for you, but do explain how a little white boy somehow managed to meet all 38 million black people to make the call that the majority of them "sag their pants to their knees, do drugs, and talk like idiots"?

It's a shame that eeforumify.com no longer works, otherwise I'd simply link the topic, but I did save these gems:

Majority of the black people I know sag their pants to their knees, do drugs, and talk like dumba$$es (like: yo dawg, eh jus wen ta da mov-ie an watch cap-n amarca, it was good). Before you say that's racist, it's not. This IS how most black people act. I do know some black people who are decent people and I enjoy talking to.

What I am saying is that a certain race acts in a way, then when other races say something about it, then they claim they are racist.

Stating how the majority of people act, is not being racist.

If you act this way, than why are you offended? If you don't act this way, then you can blame most of the other African-American people for bringing this on...

Natural black people have fuller lips so they will talk differently from white people... thats still different from talking like a ****...
And I'm not basing a whole race off of a few people... I'm not basing anything... I said MOST black people act that way, NOT ALL but MOST.

Like, I guess one could be severely undereducated, and so unbelievably racist that they don't, or rather can't realize how racist they are. But hey, if you want to go and say that "most" black people act this way, I suppose I could make the statement that most whites are redneck hicks, or neo nazis, or mentally disturbed school shooters waiting to happen. Not all, but most. :^)

Actually, if you acknowledge a race's way of going about stuff, it's basically a positive form of racism, as you point out that you recognised some doings of their race.
Unless you actually insult their ways, pointing is out is not a negative thing.. It's like stating a fact, which is unbias in my world.

Wooted by:

#87 2015-06-15 13:25:12

Yandax

Ummm.... I'm prolly not the first person to notice this, but Ultrabass is not a Mod?

Pretend I didn't exist until now

All hail me, the king of insensitive jerks

Woot if you hate me

#88 2015-06-15 13:54:55, last edited by some woman (2015-06-15 13:55:00)

some woman

Sirzachthewarrior wrote:

Ummm.... I'm prolly not the first person to notice this, but Ultrabass is not a Mod?

he left again

10 years and still awkward. Keep it up, baby!

#89 2015-06-15 14:00:30

Nou

Sirzachthewarrior wrote:

UB was too inactive for too long. If one doesn't fulfill their role as staff, no need to be in the staff.

inb4 this is used as an argument to kick more people from the staff

No u.

#90 2015-06-15 14:05:24

eeisold

Thanks, rgl, for posing an actual responsive argument.

Maybe I think that these folks won't give the effort (though you say they do) because they come and go with the weather. I find it hard to believe that the guy who programmed a bot + EE remake is too busy to do upkeep and needs two other developers I've barely heard of. Then there's 80% of the mods who lack credibility. (Especially the guy who made a blog post to say that no one knows him. that's funny.)

Thanks again

Wooted by:

#91 2015-06-15 14:14:32

TheSource85

eeisold wrote:

Maybe I think that these folks won't give the effort (though you say they do) because they come and go with the weather. I find it hard to believe that the guy who programmed a bot + EE remake is too busy to do upkeep and needs two other developers I've barely heard of. Then there's 80% of the mods who lack credibility. (Especially the guy who made a blog post to say that no one knows him. that's funny.)

Thanks again

That's me right?

#92 2015-06-15 14:16:43

some woman

TheSource85 wrote:
eeisold wrote:

Thanks again

That's me right?

i'm pretty sure he's talking about xjeex and cjmader or whatever his name was

#93 2015-06-15 14:22:00

TheSource85

some man wrote:
TheSource85 wrote:
eeisold wrote:

Thanks again

That's me right?

Oh, okay.. I thought he meant me with

eeisold wrote:

Especially the guy who made a blog post to say that no one knows him. that's funny.

Wooted by:

#94 2015-06-15 14:27:01

CJMaeder

some man wrote:
TheSource85 wrote:
eeisold wrote:

Thanks again

That's me right?

Yeah who are they?

Lame!

Wooted by: (3)

#95 2015-06-15 14:30:20

Nou

Only 1 person announced on the blog, didn't they? He obviously means TheSource85

No u.

Wooted by:

#96 2015-06-15 14:32:54

some woman

TheSource85 wrote:
some man wrote:
TheSource85 wrote:
eeisold wrote:

Thanks again

That's me right?

Oh, okay.. I thought he meant me with

eeisold wrote:

Especially the guy who made a blog post to say that no one knows him. that's funny.

oh
i thought you were talking about

eeisold wrote:

two other developers I've barely heard of

Wooted by:

#97 2015-06-15 14:34:36

TheSource85

some man wrote:

oh i thought you were talking about

eeisold wrote:

two other developers I've barely heard of

My bad //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#98 2015-06-15 15:47:47, last edited by Kira (2015-06-15 15:48:56)

Kira

I still don't understand who does what in the section of moderators. If 4 mods are checking reports, then there's an obvious problem.
1 qualified and active person only is needed to check the reports.
Someone has to explain me why is TheSource85 still moderator, he just came to the game. But the fate made that he became mod just because he hosted several chats and created a minecraft server on linux.
I'm not being negative or jealous or have "envy", but this is pointless even If I like the moderators or admins, when there's something wrong, someone has to say it.
I don't think there should be any moderators to be honest, being part of staff isn't special anymore like the old times.

Wooted by:

Ben

#99 2015-06-15 15:59:44

TheSource85

Kiran wrote:

I still don't understand who does what in the section of moderators. If 4 mods are checking reports, then there's an obvious problem.
Someone has to explain me why is TheSource85 still moderator, he just came to the game. But the fate made that he became mod just because he hosted several chats and created a minecraft server on linux.
I'm not being negative or jealous or have "envy", but this is pointless even If I like the moderators or admins, when there's something wrong, someone has to say it.
I don't think there should be any moderators to be honest, being part of staff isn't special anymore like the old times.

Well, I think that de admins (who are also partially dev) are not always around to keep an eye on stuff.
So mods are necessary in-game.. As for my participation.. Well, let's just say that time will tell you all //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#100 2015-06-15 16:12:54

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Kiran wrote:

It's necessary.  There are days where we get close to 100 reports.

Kiran wrote:

What do you mean "special"?

Zumza1491558092653550

Board footer