Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#26 2015-06-14 13:50:23

rgl32

Re: The EE staff, their roles, their vision.

I get that some people think that they (the now moderators) are kind of useless, but if you actually look at it, they are important. Not every admin can do everything, which is why they made this to define their roles. You can't honestly expect all of them to be able to handle the reports they get, coding in the game, graphics, and every other things to make the game better such as bug fixes and such, they would burn out fast if that happened. This is exactly where the moderators come in, I don't think people realize how many reports come in (probably a lot false reports) and how much mediating needs to happen. it is important to keep good moderation in the game, which is what moderators are supposed to do, you can't just say one person is going to moderate things, mainly because with moderation comes a big grey area, some people agree with things, others don't, which is why they have a group of people making those decisions and all those people to be equal amongst each other to balance out the rules they have set. They may not be doing coding or anything that some people may deem important, but just because they aren't doing something that you can't see doesn't mean they aren't important.

#27 2015-06-14 14:35:43

den3107

Kudos to you, Admins and Moderators.
The game started great, then went in an ever accelerating downwards spiral before you came in for the rescue.
Let's hope you guys can keep up the good work, I know it's hard to make new content when you already have a ton.

Wooted by: (2)

#28 2015-06-14 16:02:10

Aaro54

Tomkazaz wrote:
Kiran wrote:

Am I the only who thinks that 1/2 of the staff is useless?

NO YOU ARE NOT. Finally someone with common sense..

They must abolish the guardian establishment.

The guardians (or moderators now) are the ones who mostly deal with the reports and moderation.  I guess it could be so that they have no people dealing with those, but I'm not sure if that would make people happy.

Wooted by:

#29 2015-06-14 16:04:02

BuzzerBee
Forum Admin

Why do you guys get mad about the guardians/new moderators? They were all hand picked and if they weren't doing anything beneficial to the game they would be dismissed from their position.

You've already seen it, UltraBass is no longer a moderator and JaWapa was placed in the position of moderator because the team felt like that's where he could serve best.

It's no use to complain about the staff without proof that they did something wrong... Saying that "they don't do anything" is useless because as You said, they do a lot. Besides handling reports and such they all actively participate in discussing what needs to be changed in the game and contribute ideas as well as give feedback on ideas from other members.

Sure, at the time there probably were some better people for the job but now there really couldn't be a better staff because it seems like they've become a family. I always hear them complaining about each other but that's how you know they spend so much time together trying to improve the game that they've gotten on each others nerves.

#BuzzOut

TdQRyz3.png
https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/5/5d/135_bee

Wooted by: (4)

#30 2015-06-14 16:04:31

BEE

rgl32 wrote:

I get that some people think that they (the now moderators) are kind of useless, but if you actually look at it, they are important. Not every admin can do everything, which is why they made this to define their roles. You can't honestly expect all of them to be able to handle the reports they get, coding in the game, graphics, and every other things to make the game better such as bug fixes and such, they would burn out fast if that happened. This is exactly where the moderators come in, I don't think people realize how many reports come in (probably a lot false reports) and how much mediating needs to happen. it is important to keep good moderation in the game, which is what moderators are supposed to do, you can't just say one person is going to moderate things, mainly because with moderation comes a big grey area, some people agree with things, others don't, which is why they have a group of people making those decisions and all those people to be equal amongst each other to balance out the rules they have set. They may not be doing coding or anything that some people may deem important, but just because they aren't doing something that you can't see doesn't mean they aren't important.

Also, moderators are useful in other ways. They are the crowd control and the communication filters. If I have a concern about something, I can mention it to a moderator and they can either alleviate my concern or pass it along. Having a level between admin and community is an important aspect to any game. They are the ones that clarify questions that would take up too much time from admin. They are still a part of the community and can get the feedback from people to pass along. Think of it this way, there's no need to bother the principal of a school with your homework question.

Custom Tab: Forum Post|Trello

Thanks Xen for my Avatar and Smitty for the smiley 47BA5lq.png

Wooted by: (3)

#31 2015-06-14 16:07:43

Ben

Aaro54 wrote:
Tomkazaz wrote:
Kiran wrote:

The guardians (or moderators now) are the ones who mostly deal with the reports and moderation.  I guess it could be so that they have no people dealing with those, but I'm not sure if that would make people happy.

When I played EE regularly, I used to send many reports, yet nothing ever seemed to change. People keep being d*cks to each other, bullying still occurs and violation of the rules is a recurring issue. I don't see how reporting is useful, given that most of the time they are read days if not hours after the event happened..

Wooted by:

#32 2015-06-14 16:10:56

Kirby

Tomkazaz wrote:
Aaro54 wrote:
Tomkazaz wrote:
Kiran wrote:

When I played EE regularly, I used to send many reports, yet nothing ever seemed to change. People keep being d*cks to each other, bullying still occurs and violation of the rules is a recurring issue. I don't see how reporting is useful, given that most of the time they are read days if not hours after the event happened..

I don't think you realize what they are doing here

They get hundreds of reports, and a chat log to go with it. EE isn't their job, are they really going to read these 24/7?

If you have any better suggestion for filtering violence and such, please, don't hesitate to suggest it.

#33 2015-06-14 16:12:11

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Dbear wrote:

Jawapa's 16? Hm, suddenly the racism doesn't seem all that surprising. I'd think he'd grow out of it, but his ilk typically don't.

Please, go read the thread again.  Nothing in the topic was racist.

Seems people throw scream "racist" every time someone questions the actions of a specific group of people.

Discord: jawp#5123

#34 2015-06-14 16:19:23

Tomkazaz wrote:
Aaro54 wrote:
Tomkazaz wrote:
Kiran wrote:

When I played EE regularly, I used to send many reports, yet nothing ever seemed to change. People keep being d*cks to each other, bullying still occurs and violation of the rules is a recurring issue.

"People keep being sued, investigated, thrown into prison, sentenced to life and yet there are still criminals on the street and illegal wrongdoings in the news all day! How is that possible?"

#35 2015-06-14 16:23:29

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

@Tomkazaz - Well we have a new staff now.  People who handle the legitimate reports.  If you're reporting someone who trolled your art world, there's nothing we can do.  But if they are being violent, harassing you, flaming you, etc. then we can do something; and we will.

Wooted by:

#36 2015-06-14 16:25:43

Ben

From now on, I want to see every report of a ban or a warning that took place in the game. Publish them here, we have the freedom of information. It's time that the mods prove they actually do all the crap they talk about.

#37 2015-06-14 16:27:36

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Tomkazaz wrote:

From now on, I want to see every report of a ban or a warning that took place in the game. Publish them here, we have the freedom of information. It's time that the mods prove they actually do all the crap they talk about.

And I want to see you actually read all of it.  You wouldn't get through it all.

Besides:

Terms and Conditions wrote:

Mutings, kicks, bans, and warnings will not be discussed with a third party. All situations as such are to remain private at the issued user's discretion.

Wooted by: (3)

#38 2015-06-14 16:29:31

Ben

Of course... I should have known you would make a rule preventing you from posting bans. That's pretty convenient now that I'm asking you to prove you actually do anything in this game, isn't it?

#39 2015-06-14 16:33:59

rgl32

there are numerous reasons why they don't share their kick/ban logs, I'm just naming one thing out of many, but that very easily could cause witch hunts, which are never a good thing.

#40 2015-06-14 16:36:24

BEE

Tom, I don't mean to butt in, but it would be extremely unusual for an online game to post publicly about bans and warnings and everything. I am all about transparency, but I also believe strongly in privacy. While lack of transparency in this department does give ambiguity to the players that are not being warned or banned, if they were posted publicly I can see the game devolving into a terrible mess. I mean, you don't have a public list of published reports for the students that get suspended at your school.

If you are extremely concerned about it, you might want to suggest an impartial review board instead, but posting bans publicly would not have the desired effect, imo.

Custom Tab: Forum Post|Trello

Thanks Xen for my Avatar and Smitty for the smiley 47BA5lq.png

#41 2015-06-14 16:41:19

Ben

Fine, then I have no legitimate reason to believe them about actually doing stuff, mostly because I sometimes do questionable things that never get me in trouble.

#42 2015-06-14 16:42:08

Ben

Shoutout to all the mods who wanna pick on me because I said that

#43 2015-06-14 16:44:27

Aaro54

Tomkazaz wrote:

Fine, then I have no legitimate reason to believe them about actually doing stuff, mostly because I sometimes do questionable things that never get me in trouble.

Maybe no one has just reported you?

Wooted by:

#44 2015-06-14 16:53:47, last edited by Ben (2015-06-14 16:54:45)

Ben

I highly doubt that..

Or maybe the whole reporting system is malfunctioning. If a player, for instance, cursed someone badly and got reported, by the time the mods read the report both players involved will have forgotten about the event. Same accounts for other violent actions, that's just how nature goes.

#45 2015-06-14 17:05:36, last edited by Different55 (2015-06-14 17:07:47)

Different55
Forum Admin

So the obvious answer to that is to get rid of half the staff who handle reports so that even more time passes before reports are dealt with. Makes sense.

Seriously though I can't tell what you actually want here. Earlier you were complaining about half the staff being useless and now you're complaining about something that can most easily be solved by adding more mods.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

Wooted by: (5)

#46 2015-06-14 17:11:25

Different55 wrote:

Seriously though I can't tell what you actually want here. Earlier you were complaining about half the staff being useless and now you're complaining about something that can most easily be solved by adding more mods.

Well, every forum needs its chaos factor.

#47 2015-06-14 17:15:46

Ben

Different55 wrote:

So the obvious answer to that is to get rid of half the staff who handle reports so that even more time passes before reports are dealt with. Makes sense.

I admit it was a little bit ambiguous.. My point is, there will always be reports to handle, and you can't add an infinite amount of mods. But apart from that, we can't actually know how or if the reports are handled. The mods do this job in their free time, which means that they have no reason to feel obligated to this task. I'm saying the problem can be solved by offering more freedom and less moderation.

#48 2015-06-14 17:16:28

Bobithan

Thank you for this thread, it was much needed. It's great to see the game going in the direction it is today. Hopefully this means that Everybody Edits will soon feature double jumping //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

And stop feeding Tom, none of his points hold any sort of meaning. You're just making this thread worse by giving him attention...

#49 2015-06-14 17:20:37, last edited by Ben (2015-06-14 17:21:28)

Ben

Bobithan wrote:

And stop feeding Tom, none of his points hold any sort of meaning. You're just making this thread worse by giving him attention...

I have the right to express my opinions, and they asked for feedback and criticism. I'm just addressing issues that I believe they should consider solving..

#50 2015-06-14 17:22:09

Shadow

Finally i know what is the job of admins and mods .. nice job on posting it .

Wooted by:
Zumza1491558092653550

Board footer