Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-06-11 19:21:36

Panic

Username release?

Wondering if it would be possible for certain usernames to be released back to be used. I would want this to be applied to usernames of accounts with maybe <x purchases and 0 activity within -time period-. We most definitely have a large amount of fully inactive accounts, and at least some of them may have "decent" usernames.
I am asking this because I remember creating a number of alternate accounts years ago with usernames I'd like to use again as alternates. Due to this game having no email verification, you can sign up with anything. I had used near-gibberish emails that I don't remember, and even if I did, there were atrocious passwords that can be easily forgotten in 4 years.

Obligatory piece of text placed here forcing you to load an extra 100 bytes of data per post I make.

#2 2015-06-11 19:32:01

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

Re: Username release?

As a hoarder of account names (50+), I disagree, mainly because most of the accounts I have are inactive, and I don't want anyone else to have them.
As a hoarder of account names who has a list of names that are taken, I agree, because I want them.

But, we also have to consider people who go on hiatuses... like Bee, for example. Probably a name that someone wants. Imagine if the username was released, and she wanted to come back. Woops. Then, you'd have to consider that it probably messes with the database to change peoples' usernames like that...

The true moral of the story here, though, is to write down the emails/passwords of alts.

proc's discorb UnGdm07.gif stylish themes for forums/the game UnGdm07.gif
꧁꧂L O V E & C O R N꧁꧂   ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
danke bluecloud thank u raphe   Gq8tv9Z.gif [this section of my sig is dedicated to everything i've loved that's ever died]
? Hc0cu9u.gif         6yG4Efc.gif

#3 2015-06-11 19:35:51

Anak

I'd suggest sending emails to inactive accounts asking if they still want their account. Don't know how well that would do but some people would probably say yes to deleting.

#4 2015-06-11 23:16:41

Panic

Zoey2070 wrote:

But, we also have to consider people who go on hiatuses...

<x purchases and 0 activity within -time period-

Zoey2070 wrote:

write down the emails/passwords of alts

I had a computer switch and a house move during the period I didn't play, so EE alts weren't high priority. Plus, was younger and cared less.

But yeah... not sure how it would affect a database of accounts.

Anak wrote:

I'd suggest sending emails to inactive accounts....

Not sure how many people use accounts with actual email addresses that they frequently use, but seems like a good idea.

Anyhow, this idea is probably a little broken, due to potential problems that most people such as myself know nothing about. I can probably go find some other names for alts, but still would like the old ones back.

Obligatory piece of text placed here forcing you to load an extra 100 bytes of data per post I make.

#5 2015-06-11 23:28:41

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

locked as per request.

proc's discorb UnGdm07.gif stylish themes for forums/the game UnGdm07.gif
꧁꧂L O V E & C O R N꧁꧂   ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
danke bluecloud thank u raphe   Gq8tv9Z.gif [this section of my sig is dedicated to everything i've loved that's ever died]
? Hc0cu9u.gif         6yG4Efc.gif

Zoey20701434061721511498

Board footer