Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#26 2015-05-29 20:26:04, last edited by Badoosh (2015-05-29 20:28:45)

Badoosh
EE Homeboy
Website

Re: TOOP tells his plans for EE and requests feedback

This needs to happen.

The game used to have spawn points, portals, and coin doors.

Not too bad, especially with a small shop.

Now we have: Checkpoints, spikes, fire, coindoors, coingates, blue coin doors, blue coin gates, levers, timed doors, team effect doors, zombie doors, spawn points, death doors, cake, hologram, signs.

I have been playing for a little over four years and I am struggling to get 100 of each... so I think to myself, poor new players. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad

Wooted by: (3)

#27 2015-05-29 20:34:00

skullz17

I don't understand why people demand compensation for things like this tbh. Like, you get energy for free, over time. If you've wasted your time on something, there's no way you can get that time back.

I'm not saying it's bad to want compensation, I mean it's a feeling and a desire, you can't exactly control it. But I've never really felt that desire myself.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

Wooted by: (2)

#28 2015-05-29 21:04:37, last edited by Yandax (2015-05-29 21:05:05)

Yandax

I believe that just mixing a couple of those/changing amounts when bought would help a lot. I think that some one already said this but, you could buy like a packet of several items with a discount

Pretend I didn't exist until now

All hail me, the king of insensitive jerks

Woot if you hate me

#29 2015-05-29 22:20:50

Hexagon

I'd like to know what information that the proposition to make portals unlimited was made upon.

A few questions that come to my mind are: were people asking to get more portals? Are there not enough people buying portals?

#30 2015-05-30 00:17:06

tak4n

To everyone who say people should stop whining about compensations:

I've been playing for over 4 years and the items I bought from the store add up to 2 years in time! (This data is from the user page) I am guessing more than 1 year was spent for me buying action blocks. During this time I had to forego buying worlds so I only have around 2-3 of every world in the game. That's a lot of time that will be wasted if this change occurs... It's like saying I started playing late 2012 rather than 2011. A whole year is a lot of progress destroyed, enough to make me quit the game if this change was to occur.

If the infinite items were worth gems only, I would be fine with this. If I got a compensation in gems, I would be fine with this as I could catch up to most of the people in worlds or actually buy the infinite blocks. However if I get no compensation for this and if the infinite blocks cost energy, that's it. It would be the final trigger that would make me quit this game.

signature3_zpsttrhtmyh.png

#31 2015-05-30 00:34:59

Badoosh
EE Homeboy
Website

If there's going to be compensation, I don't think gems are the answer. Sure you spent time getting action items, but what about the people who actually paid money for their gems?

#32 2015-05-30 00:46:41

Insanity

Not a bad idea. Although, instead of purchase incentives, and more material, the Devs should focus on expanding the community, or creating something for the playerbase to stick together with. I've never designed a game or have no expertise or experience in this sort of field, but for some reason I feel like the material and stuff in the game is already quite a lot, more blocks and stuff don't seem like a priority.

Maverick: Started up on a 6, when he pulled from the clouds, and then I moved in above him.
Charlie: Well, if you were directly above him, how could you see him?
Maverick: Because I was inverted.

#33 2015-05-30 02:27:15

BEE

JaWapa wrote:

I'm not going to lie, I'm sick of hearing demands for compensation.

If you go to a store and buy something, then a few weeks later they lower the price, you're not going to go back and demand they compensate you.  It was your choice to buy stuff at a certain price/conditions.

True, and this would be a good example if EE had an economy, rather than one shop. We have no competition and no choice between competing stores and prices, so it is unfair to compare it to real life capitalism.

Now, a way to ease the players into the idea of changing prices would be to start having temporary "% off sales". This would also encourage players to play (perhaps have a sale item each Monday or something) over a longer period of time, as well as not get dismayed about not being able to buy something ("Oh, I won't worry it'll go on sale soon"). Theoretically you could put things on discount for either fewer gems or less energy.

(Side note, technically it should be "fewer" energy, because energy in this context is a count noun, but fewer energy sounds wrong because typically energy is a non count noun, so I went with what sounded right over what was grammatically correct because English is nub)

Custom Tab: Forum Post|Trello

Thanks Xen for my Avatar and Smitty for the smiley 47BA5lq.png

#34 2015-05-30 05:21:03

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

BEE wrote:

Now, a way to ease the players into the idea of changing prices would be to start having temporary "% off sales". This would also encourage players to play (perhaps have a sale item each Monday or something) over a longer period of time, as well as not get dismayed about not being able to buy something ("Oh, I won't worry it'll go on sale soon"). Theoretically you could put things on discount for either fewer gems or less energy.

I've been debating on throwing some stuff up for sale.  Just need to figure up what I'm dropping down.

Discord: jawp#5123

Wooted by:

#35 2015-05-30 12:40:02

khwamwiklcrit

JaWapa wrote:
BEE wrote:

I've been debating on throwing some stuff up for sale.  Just need to figure up what I'm dropping down.

That would be great! Even better with classics on sale! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

#36 2015-05-30 14:03:40

Yandax

This is very controversial, but changing the energy count to 1:30 would help. You get energy faster so it would be easier to get stuff, couple this with one of those ideas above and it will help.

Pretend I didn't exist until now

All hail me, the king of insensitive jerks

Woot if you hate me

#37 2015-05-30 21:51:24

Koto

Compensation works for some things involving the game, but not this, in my opinion.  Most of the people playing this game, probably have never spent any money on it, we can't be expected to compensate for everything when it was free to begin with.

#38 2015-05-30 22:05:56

Calicara

Koto wrote:

Compensation works for some things involving the game, but not this, in my opinion.  Most of the people playing this game, probably have never spent any money on it, we can't be expected to compensate for everything when it was free to begin with.

I think compensation for real life money would be fair for some players though, depending how you guys are working on this update. It's hard to say now since it's all speculative. Energy should not be compensated for because it's free, but again I think we'll just have to wait till this all rolls out.

tgA1y17.jpg
I am obsessed with Steven Universe

#39 2015-05-30 22:32:12

tak4n

RIP 1000 coin doors and other stuff ;_; feels like I'm the only loser in this update. I knew I should have spent my time getting worlds rather than blocks.

signature3_zpsttrhtmyh.png

#40 2015-05-30 22:50:41

ZeldaXD
EE Homeboy
Website

Why don't you combine coin doors and coin gates?
Why don't you combine invisible portals, portals and world portals?
Why don't you combine spikes and fire?

gLjTZE1.png

#41 2015-05-30 22:53:35

skullz17

ZeldaXD wrote:

Why don't you combine coin doors and coin gates?
Why don't you combine invisible portals, portals and world portals?
Why don't you combine spikes and fire?

I don't think world portals should be combined with portals and invisible portals, because world portals do something completely different, and the amount of world portals you need to buy is also completely different.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

Wooted by:

#42 2015-05-31 11:25:19

khwamwiklcrit

EE needs the 2nd type of world portals which can lead me to different areas of other worlds other than spawn points in those worlds! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool

#43 2015-05-31 11:27:03

skullz17

khwamwiklcrit wrote:

EE needs the 2nd type of world portals which can lead me to different areas of other worlds other than spawn points in those worlds! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool

That actually sounds pretty cool.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

#44 2015-05-31 19:51:27, last edited by N1KF (2015-05-31 19:51:40)

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

khwamwiklcrit wrote:

You can always vote on it! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

Everybody Edits is Fred

N1KF1433098287508859

Board footer