Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-05-26 06:49:01, last edited by BuzzerBee (2015-05-26 06:50:33)

BuzzerBee
Forum Admin

Texas Flooding

While Texas and flooding may seem antonymous to each other, the recent storms of Texas have risen lakes many feet high, destroyed bridges and roads, and are even carrying houses away.

I happen to live in the center of all this flooding and tornado zone, but have been lucky enough to be at the "eye of the storm" if you will. Luckily it seems as though we're not going to get another deluge of rain, but precipitation is still likely to occur, prolonging the struggles faced by many families.

So for any of you in Texas or Oklahoma experiencing these floods/tornados, be smart and stay safe.

(This was typed on my phone)

TdQRyz3.png
https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/5/5d/135_bee

Wooted by:

#2 2015-05-26 07:02:50

Nickolai

Re: Texas Flooding

please send water to california thanks

#3 2015-05-26 07:37:41

BuzzerBee
Forum Admin

Lol we needed the water too. After something like a 13 year drought

TdQRyz3.png

#4 2015-05-26 14:21:06, last edited by Abelysk (2015-05-26 14:21:46)

Abelysk

This is all caused by the Pacific Decadal Oscillation, or PDO, for short.

The Pacific is experiencing an abrupt warm phase at the moment, sending high pressure over the West Coast, and low pressure over the Plains and the East. This may be triggered by the upcoming strong/super El Niño... which tends to bring flooding rains to California...

Ensemble models such as the JAMSTEC are mapping out significant precipitation over CA, probably due to the El Niño overriding the effects of the PDO.

Wooted by:

#5 2015-05-26 17:11:54

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Hope you stay safe!

Discord: jawp#5123

#6 2015-05-26 21:03:32

Pingohits
Banned

new jersey has water, but lord chris christie will not give them to us

praise all-giving lord chris christie

also taxes

791mAP8.png

#7 2015-05-28 04:45:11

rubixguy

I live near the areas affected by the floods. I am fortunate to live several miles from the flooded areas. The storm literally stalled in its tracks just before reaching me, and calmed considerably before it finally came through. Other than the bayou being a couple feet higher than normal, my local area seems relatively unaffected.

QY3OIOZ.png

Wooted by:

#8 2015-05-28 05:04:14

BuzzerBee
Forum Admin

Yeah we have some roads flooded over but not really any damage where I live

TdQRyz3.png

#9 2015-05-28 20:32:09

Anch

Sometimes there are flash floods by my house that covers a whole car, but nothing too serious like making houses flow away.

#10 2015-05-28 20:35:04

Abelysk

anch159 wrote:

Sometimes there are flash floods by my house that covers a whole car, but nothing too serious like making houses flow away.

I wish we got that here in California.

Wooted by:

#11 2015-05-28 21:01:14

Pingohits
Banned

Itsmeandersonlol wrote:
anch159 wrote:

I wish we got that here in California.

#prayforanderson

791mAP8.png

#12 2015-05-28 23:48:54

Nickolai

I just watched a video from inside a house that was being flooded. very scary! stay safe bzr

Wooted by: (2)

#13 2015-05-29 00:12:29, last edited by Abelysk (2015-05-29 00:12:43)

Abelysk

I'm a weather geek, learning how to read data and "models" and such. I can forecast the weather in anybody's location if they even want me to (without looking at mainstream media). I can pinpoint when and what time weather will occur, and will know approximately how much rain falls in your area. I can also forecast a lot of other things //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

I should start a California weather thread and bump it when something's on the way

#14 2015-05-29 00:41:22

Anch

Itsmeandersonlol wrote:

I'm a weather geek, learning how to read data and "models" and such. I can forecast the weather in anybody's location if they even want me to (without looking at mainstream media). I can pinpoint when and what time weather will occur, and will know approximately how much rain falls in your area. I can also forecast a lot of other things //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

I should start a California weather thread and bump it when something's on the way

You should be a weather forecaster!

#15 2015-05-29 00:54:33, last edited by Abelysk (2015-05-29 00:54:49)

Abelysk

anch159 wrote:
Itsmeandersonlol wrote:

You should be a weather forecaster!

No thanks, I'd only do it for leisure use. It's tough taking all the college classes for the requirement (for getting a job).

#16 2015-05-29 01:39:41

iPwner
Website

I'm in an extremely high tech area in califorNYAN land where all tha HQs are. Google, Facebook, Yahoo, Instagram, Apple, etczettins etczettins. ;P It's kool. I'm happy im here so I don't have to deal with all the perils of *shiver* ...nature. o-o It's perfectly sunny outside and I'm just leisurely sitting on the toilet, with my rear "clicked" into place and planted quite firmly on the toilet seat as a long, slender, enigmatic hunk sluggishly protrudes out of my bok, Jesus supporting me in the confines of my colon the whole way through as a -PLOSHOSHLOSHLOSHLOSHLO- noise vibrates and ricochéts throughout the house, swiftly followed by a ear-piercing "LUCAAAAAAAS!!"* thundering throughout the bathroom as I cup my ears and exclaim "WHAT!" If you don't live in California, you just don't know what you're missin', in addition to those floods (and my excretion)! It's great, just great, Nelly!

*My name isn't necessarily lucas, i just decided to use it because it sounds quite rhythmic when said aloud. ;p

ssAARASAAAAAAAAA  iAAAAAAAAAAAAA OU yaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAA YAAAaa YAAaah; yaayaayaa, yayayaya-ya-ya YAAA YAAAYA; YAYAYA YAAHAYAhAAAAAAAAAA 

EPIOOOOOUUUUUUuuuuuu   IUO0O0oooooooooooppi

;3 0>o ~X_x~ <~(^V^)~> (); ;B ;~; *~<:',',',',',{ Q=(*@`)Q

Im A ®a®ity ®

Wooted by: (3)

#17 2015-05-29 01:53:09

Pingohits
Banned

iPwner wrote:

I'm in an extremely high tech area in califorNYAN land where all tha HQs are. Google, Facebook, Yahoo, Instagram, Apple, etczettins etczettins. ;P It's kool. I'm happy im here so I don't have to deal with all the perils of *shiver* ...nature. o-o It's perfectly sunny outside and I'm just leisurely sitting on the toilet, with my rear "clicked" into place and planted quite firmly on the toilet seat as a long, slender, enigmatic hunk sluggishly protrudes out of my bok, Jesus supporting me in the confines of my colon the whole way through as a -PLOSHOSHLOSHLOSHLOSHLO- noise vibrates and ricochéts throughout the house, swiftly followed by a ear-piercing "LUCAAAAAAAS!!"* thundering throughout the bathroom as I cup my ears and exclaim "WHAT!" If you don't live in California, you just don't know what you're missin', in addition to those floods (and my excretion)! It's great, just great, Nelly!

*My name isn't necessarily lucas, i just decided to use it because it sounds quite rhythmic when said aloud. ;p

every sentence is a masterpiece

every word a slice of art

ipwner is in an iambic coma

his paragraph just explains it all

791mAP8.png

Wooted by:

#18 2015-05-29 03:14:12

Anch

iPwner wrote:

Often I don't understand how you can write such... stuff...

#19 2015-05-29 04:18:36

Different55
Forum Admin

Guys pls2not give the spammy lil nub any more attention than necessary.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

Wooted by: (3)

#20 2015-05-29 04:43:43, last edited by Abelysk (2015-05-29 04:44:10)

Abelysk

Watch out Buzz! Another strong line of thunderstorms heading your way (somewhere in Texas that is).

#21 2015-05-29 14:48:59

Insanity

iPwner wrote:

Why didn't your parents use a condom again

Maverick: Started up on a 6, when he pulled from the clouds, and then I moved in above him.
Charlie: Well, if you were directly above him, how could you see him?
Maverick: Because I was inverted.

#22 2015-05-29 15:48:19

Abelysk

Insanity wrote:
iPwner wrote:

Ouch

#23 2015-06-05 11:39:22

iPwner
Website

Insanity wrote:

Bad comebacks are bad //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

ssAARASAAAAAAAAA  iAAAAAAAAAAAAA OU yaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAA YAAAaa YAAaah; yaayaayaa, yayayaya-ya-ya YAAA YAAAYA; YAYAYA YAAHAYAhAAAAAAAAAA 

EPIOOOOOUUUUUUuuuuuu   IUO0O0oooooooooooppi

;3 0>o ~X_x~ <~(^V^)~> (); ;B ;~; *~<:',',',',',{ Q=(*@`)Q

Im A ®a®ity ®

Wooted by:

#24 2015-06-05 18:38:48

BuzzerBee
Forum Admin

The flood problem is definitely improving. Water is receding and not as many roads are flooded over where I live.

There are still people in need in some cities and there are volunteers constantly going to help them.

But yeah as a final note, just keep Texas in mind!

TdQRyz3.png

#25 2015-06-05 20:04:16

Anch

Its summer here and it was sort of flooding. Just got a flash flood warning the other day! :o
Its nothing too serious though...

Different551433533953509956

Board footer