Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#26 2015-04-16 15:52:50, last edited by Calicara (2015-04-16 15:53:07)

Calicara

Re: [Improved Survey] Analysis on making EE popular from your ideas

I shared EE with my best friend IRL. Keep in mine we're both adults. Her general response was, she was overwhelmed by the amount of items she didn't have. In general she didn't quite understand the purpose of the game, and the controls were really difficult for her to use. Albeit she's not the best at video games, I think the main idea here was that EE can be difficult to understand if you're new.

Maybe have new players spawn in the tutorial world instead of their home world? I was personally thinking this summer of doing a youtube series explaining how the interface of EE works, and talking about how to use certain items.

tgA1y17.jpg
I am obsessed with Steven Universe

#27 2015-04-16 16:03:52

Creature

I don't think increasing EE popularity is the key, the current players are already contributing to make EE alive.

This is a false statement.

#28 2015-04-16 17:00:39

Hexagon

Creature wrote:

I don't think increasing EE popularity is the key, the current players are already contributing to make EE alive.

I guess the real point is why do we want to increase the user base? I guess it could be for increased revenue for Chris, even though it doesn't benefit us directly.

#29 2015-04-16 17:22:06

Blindz0r

Hexagon wrote:
Creature wrote:

I guess the real point is why do we want to increase the user base? I guess it could be for increased revenue for Chris, even though it doesn't benefit us directly.

I think it's just to improve the user community that we have.

The old blind man said "You're Blind z0r".

Want to see someone interviewed? Follow this Link !

#30 2015-04-16 20:02:54

ZeldaXD
EE Homeboy
Website

Calicara wrote:

I shared EE with my best friend IRL. Keep in mine we're both adults. Her general response was, she was overwhelmed by the amount of items she didn't have. In general she didn't quite understand the purpose of the game, and the controls were really difficult for her to use. Albeit she's not the best at video games, I think the main idea here was that EE can be difficult to understand if you're new.

Maybe have new players spawn in the tutorial world instead of their home world? I was personally thinking this summer of doing a youtube series explaining how the interface of EE works, and talking about how to use certain items.

I think that's the main reason of why they are doing more tutorials

gLjTZE1.png

#31 2015-04-16 21:11:23

Calicara

@Zelda: Well I think a better welcoming interface is more important for newcomers, since it doesn't matter how many people we attract if they only play for one day then never again. Though I think Goeyfuns survery is pointless, this topic has hopefully spawned some fruitful ideas for the mods. AKA us older players appreciate new complex updates, but don't forget about the newbies once in a while.

tgA1y17.jpg
I am obsessed with Steven Universe

#32 2015-04-16 21:48:06

BEE

Calicara wrote:

New players don't spawn in the tutorial? Why not?

At least make them spawn right next to a tutorial portal.

Custom Tab: Forum Post|Trello

Thanks Xen for my Avatar and Smitty for the smiley 47BA5lq.png

#33 2015-04-16 22:17:46

skullz17

There is a world portal that leads to the tutorial in your home world when you start, that may or may not be noticeable.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

#34 2015-04-16 23:04:07

Hexagon

skullz17 wrote:

There is a world portal that leads to the tutorial in your home world when you start, that may or may not be noticeable.

Well, the problem is that you have to know how to play the game (to a certain extent) to get to the tutorial world.

#35 2015-04-17 00:03:25, last edited by Dazz (2015-04-17 00:27:22)

Dazz

In my opinion a user, especially a new one needs something more than just tools and worlds to build.

For them a first experience on EE is overwhelming and agressive because they are bombarded with too much information to absorb
and too little attention for their progress.

When you play a game in general, winning something like points that are accumulating is a big deal, this kind of progress is rewarding for the player but on EE to get some reward you have to deal with weeks of building, learning, few occasional jerks to ruin your day and a total lack of attention for your work from most of the users. This is not happening only with new users, everyone is working like crazy to come up with something new and they get no reward for their work.

More users to this game means more than meets the eye, it's important for the whole community and the game itself.
More users means more stimulating income for the staff, it means more interest and attention from the staff to keep the game
updated at it's best, it means a bigger community with more potential, more traffic, more popualrity, practically it's saving the whole game, it gives hope for a elegant continuity, and yes why not, the right to a wikipedia page.

But first we all have to change, first, we need to accept that this game or any other game dies without what it needs more, users.

The staff needs to find a way to:

- Encourage building levels
- Create tutorials and update them
- Reward all the players new/old without discriminating them
- Give them new tools similar to bots, Just because we don't know to build bots it doesn't mean we don't know to create fun levels with such tools, again, equality.
- Featured levels updated
- Competitions, they have a lot of succes, they always did, but reward everyone with something don't ignore them.
- Rewarding players
- Rewarding players   this means a lot if you want a loyal user. Give it something for their work and efforts. A reason to come back for more.

The rest of the users need to:

- Respect new users, stop acting like you've never been like them
- Help them as much as possible with whatever you can
- Refuse them if you must in a kind manner, don't call them names
- Encourage them to build whatever they want, the way they want, stop trying to make them build what you like, everyone is different and want to play and feel good in their own way.
- Show some appreciation for their work, stop criticising everyone's work unless they ask you to do so. Don't be too strict and eager to implement them your ways or style to play or build.
- Be kind
- BE KIND! this is more important than you think! Even when they are not, report them, ignore them or ask them politely to stop, don't provoke them.

Also if you want, why not? tell a friend or two about the game, he might thank you for that. Maybe the admins could find a way to reward bringing friends, it wouldn't be bad either.

We have to change first, or at least some of us. A bigger community is not something bad, the bad situation is now, because EE has a big scar, if we pick there it might burst, it needs stability and growing to heal.

Wooted by: (2)

#36 2015-04-17 09:12:57

Master1

I am unable to complete this survey because there are too many required questions that I cannot answer.

1. For the very first question, "Have you ever invite your friend to play games or use specific service?" Why is there no option for the answer "no"? Did you want us to write it in the spot for "Other" or is that only intended for other games that you have invited your friends to play?

2. On question 4, "How many Gems should we give you if a friend accept your invitation?" Why is there no option to put 0 as the response? I don't believe they should be given gems if a friend accepts the invitation.

3. On question # whatever, "How often do you build a world" It would be better to have a text box saying how often you build worlds. I successfully complete world about once every three or so months, and the lowest option given is 1 per month.

Until these questions are altered, it is impossible for me to complete this survey accurately.

nicktoot.pngnicktoot.pngnicktoot.png

#37 2015-04-20 01:54:37

Security-Drone

Sometimes I think about putting the EE swf on personal websites, or other gaming sites. But only make them either partial so people play the full version instead... But art of EE is gewd!

If you need to contact me, use my discord ID 319247782932119554

BillSprite2.5.pngricarcao4.pngBillSprite2.5.png

RICARCAO1

#38 2015-04-20 04:46:19

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

BEE wrote:

If your school has computer lessons *
Would you like to learn programming EE bots during lessons?

What about an option for "I'm not currently in school" for those of us that are older?

...and homeschoolers. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/neutral

#39 2015-04-20 19:50:28, last edited by Ben (2015-04-20 19:51:06)

Ben

I think the main problem here is the fact that new players simply don't understand the purpose of this game, like Calicara mentioned, and it just looks stupid to them. If I were to play EE today for the first time, I would probably get bored and confused after a few minutes, not to mention the horrible attitude of the veteran players including every single one of you (as well as myself).

Wooted by:

#40 2015-04-21 00:22:49

Glitcherkid

I do, in fact, take a programming class in school, and I think if I could learn to make a bot for my final project, that would be amazing! This survey actually gave me some great ideas! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

PaNFnqB.png

Glitcherkid1429572169497120

Board footer