Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-03-31 21:30:33, last edited by Rocatox (2015-03-31 21:33:27)

Rocatox

Do you wanna help make something great?

I'm looking for a team to help build a world from scratch with me. It's not something like I don't have the time/effort to create it on my own, I'm just aware that to create the master piece that I want, my singular skills wouldn't be sufficient. 2 People = Twice the creativity. Also, everyone has their own strengths, so a combination of people often produces a better world. This team wouldn't have to be permanent, it would probably be made just for this world. The reasons I feel it is necessary and important to create a master piece out of this huge world are as follows: First of all, I haven't seen many actually fully made huge worlds. Most of the ones I have seen are just bunches of mini games in which no one has the time to finish. A larger world provides more possibilities for game types, mini types, and just a bigger outlet for creativity in general. Lastly, is it just me, or has the lobby recently been filled with levels such as "Code is ____", "Miningames!" "Magic here, come and get it!". Now don't get me wrong, mini games can be great, but lots are boring and there's just too many boring ones. I myself have a few mini games levels, but I rarely open them, and only do when I want to play mini games myself. And yes free code levels can be fun too, if you want to create art but don't have your own world, etc., etc., but again there's just way too many- most of which are fully trolled. Magic levels... I don't know, I just find them a bit unlawful. The intention of magic was to be got incidentally while playing Everybody Edits, not to be gotten by grinding for them. Don't get me wrong, I see EX crew and some other levels there too, they're just a minority though.  In conclusion, I just think it would be great if there were more of those worlds that you can come out of feeling satisfied. Those worlds with a perfect mix of aesthetics, challenges, and plot. That is the world I want to create.

If you like the idea and want to help I'm looking for people with these skills:

-Aesthetics. There's a difference between art and aesthetics. Aesthetics has more to do with shading and color matching, basically making nice on the eyes. Art is more specific things like Smileys and such. Here's a good example. In this world the bunny is art, but the grass at the top is aesthetics.
-Art. Probably I'll need trees, building etc.
-Mini game creation. I am looking for medium to hard minis, not easy hooks and such. I want this world to be a bit of a challenge, increasing in difficulty as it goes on.
-Another person for brainstorming ideas. We want a good solid plot to work of on, as well as help with the general configuration of the level. I find minigames are much more fun when they're staged around a good story and encased with art.

Including me, this will probably be a 4-5 person team. Don't take offense if I want to see some of your work before hitching you up on the team, it's just I want this to be a masterpiece and you might think your minis are harder than they really are, or something of the sort. This world will probably take some time to make, don't expect it to be done in one sitting. We'll probably have to schedule times to work on it and such.
If you have the dedication and think this is a good idea, then feel free to shoot up a reply!

A SUMMARY FOR ALL THOSE WHO SAID TO LONG DIDN'T READ: I want to make a real, quality world, full of beautiful aesthetics, art, a complex and interesting story, and fun and challenging mini games- the type of worlds I wish I saw more in the lobby. To make it that good, I'll need a team. If you want to be on that team, I recommend you read the full thing.

c9R1guC.png
Credit goes to Onjit.

#2 2015-03-31 23:53:29

dragonranger

Re: Do you wanna help make something great?

I would be happy to help if you took me in.

dragonranger1427842409489787

Board footer