Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#26 2015-03-28 19:22:16

gregregreg
Website

Re: Smiley Revamps Suggestion

DJ: Please make the headphones more visible! I understand what sort of width restrictions we have, and your whole deal with the border being clean-cut, but I think the DJ smiley should have its headphones overlap the border (not extend!).
Sigh: Someone suggested it be renamed to bored. I agree.
Robber: I liked the slant of the eyes, honestly. (Old version)
Pirate: Don't like the rounded hat. And the absence of (what I think) is the cigar.
Fireman/Hard Hat: It's okay. But honestly, I really don't like the rounded hats.
Robot: Don't know what was being complained about honestly. Looks fine to me.
Dog/Alien/Skeleton/Sparta: I understand the whole concept of the circular smileys, but THESE smileys should not be so circular.
Astronaut: More of a galactic (bright-rainbowy color) reflection across the plate? Smiley looks fine otherwise.
Mad Scientist: Going with the Halloween tag skullz put on the Robber. Needs slanted eyes and an evil grin. (Ends perked up, perhaps...)
"Headhunter": Change the name to 3D Glasses. (I remember drawing my own sprites within EE changing the shades' glasses to red and blue...good times.)
Winter: Liked the old "border-breaker" hat, but the new beanie looks okay, too.
Fire Demon: Probably the only one I have no complaints with. Good job here.
Bruce: OMG BRUCE WAS A NATIONAL TREASURE AND NOW LOOK WHAT YOU DID TO HIM
Cow: See Dog/Alien/Skeleton/Sparta. Also needs some white in the eyes.
Scarecrow: Agreeing with skullz on color choice.
Dark Wizard: Not sure what's wrong here, but what is evident is that you changed it and it's just not my cup of tea (disgusting!) type.

All I have to say (for now).

Signature last updated 7 Feb 2020 2:08 AM PST (-8 UTC)

Basically inactive but I'll come in sometimes and yeah who the funk am I kidding I don't visit here anymore. check out my totally legit avi tho I made it when I was like 14
Best of luck to you all in your lives. Thanks for all the good times.

~greg³

Wooted by:

#27 2015-03-28 20:35:37

TOOP

Made the mad scientist's laugh better suited.

USu7vmw.png

Scrapped Laika entirely and made my own dog smiley.

5D9pFQR.png

These are not in the .swf yet, hopefully these work better than my last fixes.

Wooted by: (4)

#28 2015-03-28 20:38:29

Creature

TOOP wrote:

USu7vmw.png

5D9pFQR.png

Mad Scientist: I think this is enough, nobody will be able to do something less wider than this.

Dog: I don't liked this so much, maybe you could re-shape it.

This is a false statement.

Wooted by:

#29 2015-03-28 20:45:00

skullz17

Mad scientist: It's better, but the eyes need to be more crazy looking. You know, like doc from back to the future.
Dog: This is nice. It feels weird but I think I can get used to it.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

Wooted by:

#30 2015-03-28 21:18:14

LucasA33

oh god new scientist, and bruce is sick?

Wooted by: (2)

#31 2015-03-28 21:19:53

gkaby
Website

the zombies finally infected bruce

idk

Wooted by: (6)

#32 2015-03-28 21:21:18

MIHB_casts_confuseplayer

Do you guys track active smiley usage?  Changes made to smileys that few people use are good, changes made to smileys many people use is bad.  I'd guess the headhunter is barely used, so a change to 3d-glasses man is good.  Conversely, I suspect Bruce gets a decent amount of use, so changing it might not be a great idea.

#33 2015-03-28 21:24:46

some woman

I hate the revamps. You removed bruce because apparently your opinion of him outweighs half of the community's opinion, You made all the hats dull and short just because they "need borders" (which they don't) and you took the uniqueness out of the astronaut, Lakia smiley, Moo Moo smiley, Scarecrow smiley,  Fire Demon, etc. etc. I think the smileys should just stay the way they are.

10 years and still awkward. Keep it up, baby!

#34 2015-03-28 21:43:04

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

I believe major changes of smileys are a bad idea -- people spent time/money getting a specific smiley and several of these changes are, for the most part, pointless.

I'm actually okay with some of the more subtle changes.

Are you seriously going to tell me that the sick smiley is better than BRUCE CAMPBELL? Seriously -- I'm pretty sure you would change the sick smiley if it were actually in the game.

Aliens are well-known for their shape, and changing it into an actual circle is just bad. Same with skull. They aren't TOO terrible though.

The ninja smiley wasn't even made by MrShoe and it's disrespectful to the memory of RPGMaster2000 (!).

The scarecrow went from being "meh, ok" to "I am TERRIFIED."

Make the 3D glasses smiley separate since it's completely different compared to the headhunter.

The blacksmith just turned straight up into a caveman. The scientist one was pointless (and looks way more duurr-hurr than the other one), as was the change with the sigh smiley.

The flame demon one KINDA makes more sense in EE, but I still don't like it.

The cow and Laika one... no. I get you're trying to make it seem more like EE's style, but they just don't work at all. Laika looks more like a Pomeranian or a cat than a part-terrier. The cow one makes me wonder if toop has ever seen a cow -- it has no definition.

The new astronaut doesn't even make me think of space at all.

Other than that, I guess the changes are okay or not a huge difference.

proc's discorb UnGdm07.gif stylish themes for forums/the game UnGdm07.gif
꧁꧂L O V E & C O R N꧁꧂   ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
danke bluecloud thank u raphe   Gq8tv9Z.gif [this section of my sig is dedicated to everything i've loved that's ever died]
? Hc0cu9u.gif         6yG4Efc.gif

Wooted by: (6)

#35 2015-03-28 21:43:52

Vitalijus
Website

Zoey2070 wrote:

I believe major changes of smileys are a bad idea -- people spent time/money getting a specific smiley and several of these changes are, for the most part, pointless.

I'm actually okay with some of the more subtle changes.

Are you seriously going to tell me that the sick smiley is better than BRUCE CAMPBELL? Seriously -- I'm pretty sure you would change the sick smiley if it were actually in the game.

Aliens are well-known for their shape, and changing it into an actual circle is just bad. Same with skull. They aren't TOO terrible though.

The ninja smiley wasn't even made by MrShoe and it's disrespectful to the memory of RPGMaster2000 (!).

The scarecrow went from being "meh, ok" to "I am TERRIFIED."

Make the 3D glasses smiley separate since it's completely different compared to the headhunter.

The blacksmith just turned straight up into a caveman. The scientist one was pointless (and looks way more duurr-hurr than the other one), as was the change with the sigh smiley.

The flame demon one KINDA makes more sense in EE, but I still don't like it.

The cow and Laika one... no. I get you're trying to make it seem more like EE's style, but they just don't work at all. Laika looks more like a Pomeranian or a cat than a part-terrier. The cow one makes me wonder if toop has ever seen a cow -- it has no definition.

The new astronaut doesn't even make me think of space at all.

Other than that, I guess the changes are okay or not a huge difference.

Zoey swagz confirmed.

wn7I7Oa.png

Wooted by:

#36 2015-03-28 22:01:03, last edited by Tamashiimizu (2015-03-28 22:04:38)

Tamashiimizu

Bored: I think his expression is better now.
Hard Hat/Fireman: It's not that the fireman is bad, it's just that the hard hat is better. Also, the hard hat is different from the worker smiley for me. The hard hat looks more like an engineer smiley, while the worker looks like a normal worker.
Robber: I prefer the old one, but i will get used to it.
Pirate: I liked how you put a skull in the hat, but i prefer the old one. Just because it's a smiley, it doesn't need vertical eyes, i prefer the : ) more than = ). Also, I can't tell what the mouth is: a grin or a cigar?
Viking: the eyes are too vertical, but ok, i'll get used to it.
Laika: the original is ok, the new is bad, and the one you just made it's ok.
Skull: looks even less like a skull now, I'll call it Voldemort smiley.
Cow: Bad, it looks like a balloon, with a pig nose.
Astronaut: the new one is 100x better.

Mad scientist it's now a crazy nerd. The mouth, glasses and hair is just ugly. Expressionless and bland compared to the original.

And Bruce... one of my favourite smiley turned into a smiley ready to puke. Disgusting. Just as life defines death, the smileys define what Bruce is. By killing Bruce, you're killing part of EE identity. I think i'm gonna throw up. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/mad

#37 2015-03-28 22:56:12, last edited by Onjit (2015-03-28 23:02:15)

Onjit
Website

gkaby wrote:

the zombies finally infected bruce

RIP Bruce 2015

This post tho. U ded

I'm not a fan of these changes. As Zoey said, many of the smileys I bought (or at least the order I bought them in) was influenced by how I liked the smiley's look. Non-round smileys are OK. If you're worried that they stand out, make more odd shaped smileys.

ARE YOU DISCRIMINATING AGAINST ODD SHAPED SMILEYS!?!??!?! obvious joke is obvious

:.|:;

#38 2015-03-28 23:06:17

Security-Drone

I'll give my reviews!
Laika... looks like she had the mumps or over ate. (in heaven? :o ) The new dog looks like the one next door to me, and looks rather adorable.
Bruce... will no longer be existent. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad
Skeleton: Should be renamed to skeldemort. https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL
Fan Boy MKII: Is officially bald. lol
Blacksmith: He looks like a Scotsman. :o
Astronaut: Is officially an astronaut! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile Rather than a happy drowning smiley in a fish-bowl. https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL
Fire Demon: Did something change with him? I pretty sure something changed about him...
Mad Scientist: Is a turbo nerd.
Head Hunter: Is a cinema guy?
Pirate: I always thought the original had a cigar in his mouth...
Monster: He looks more soulless! Good job on that. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink
And that's all I have to say. The others look good as well!
p.s. give the red ninja a revamp he looks a bit too simple.

If you need to contact me, use my discord ID 319247782932119554

BillSprite2.5.pngricarcao4.pngBillSprite2.5.png

RICARCAO1

#39 2015-03-28 23:29:05, last edited by gkaby (2015-03-28 23:29:43)

gkaby
Website

christmas wish list:

keep current astronaut somehow

Even though I already understand the unlikely chance of this happening, I thought to counteract some of the extreme bias here for the new astronaut.

old astronaut was one of best smilies ever!!!

rip

https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/8/80/072_astronaut

not that new one is bad (imo its good) but i rly like old one

idk

Wooted by:

#40 2015-03-28 23:56:56, last edited by Jonatah12 (2015-03-29 00:04:45)

Jonatah12
Website

Tamashiimizu wrote:

Bored: I think his expression is better now.
Hard Hat/Fireman: It's not that the fireman is bad, it's just that the hard hat is better. Also, the hard hat is different from the worker smiley for me. The hard hat looks more like an engineer smiley, while the worker looks like a normal worker.
Robber: I prefer the old one, but i will get used to it.
Pirate: I liked how you put a skull in the hat, but i prefer the old one. Just because it's a smiley, it doesn't need vertical eyes, i prefer the : ) more than = ). Also, I can't tell what the mouth is: a grin or a cigar?
Viking: the eyes are too vertical, but ok, i'll get used to it.
Laika: the original is ok, the new is bad, and the one you just made it's ok.
Skull: looks even less like a skull now, I'll call it Voldemort smiley.
Cow: Bad, it looks like a balloon, with a pig nose.
Astronaut: the new one is 100x better.

Mad scientist it's now a crazy nerd. The mouth, glasses and hair is just ugly. Expressionless and bland compared to the original.

And Bruce... one of my favourite smiley turned into a smiley ready to puke. Disgusting. Just as life defines death, the smileys define what Bruce is. By killing Bruce, you're killing part of EE identity. I think i'm gonna throw up. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/mad

i already made an sigh smiley better than dat. Here look: hQtGLnA.png

#41 2015-03-29 00:04:17

Jonatah12
Website

Killerthegreat wrote:

I'll give my reviews!
Laika... looks like she had the mumps or over ate. (in heaven? :o ) The new dog looks like the one next door to me, and looks rather adorable.
Bruce... will no longer be existent. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad
Skeleton: Should be renamed to skeldemort. https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL
Fan Boy MKII: Is officially bald. lol
Blacksmith: He looks like a Scotsman. :o
Astronaut: Is officially an astronaut! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile Rather than a happy drowning smiley in a fish-bowl. https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL
Fire Demon: Did something change with him? I pretty sure something changed about him...
Mad Scientist: Is a turbo nerd.
Head Hunter: Is a cinema guy?
Pirate: I always thought the original had a cigar in his mouth...
Monster: He looks more soulless! Good job on that. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink
And that's all I have to say. The others look good as well!
p.s. give the red ninja a revamp he looks a bit too simple.

I like too much all this jokes.
Belcome an astronalt, us have fish-bows to you. https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL

Wooted by:

#42 2015-03-29 01:40:22

Jonatah12
Website

Creature wrote:
TOOP wrote:

USu7vmw.png

5D9pFQR.png

Mad Scientist: I think this is enough, nobody will be able to do something less wider than this.

Dog: I don't liked this so much, maybe you could re-shape it.

I can do and do it.

Wooted by:

#43 2015-03-29 01:55:51

SPT

why do you go onto topics like these
"ILL MAKE ALL SUGGESTIONS"

Wooted by: (3)

#44 2015-03-29 02:08:11, last edited by Abelysk (2015-03-29 03:06:01)

Abelysk

CONSTRUCTIVE CRIT.

New ninja: the bottom-right corner looks too black.

Sigh/bored smiley: the eyes would look better one pixel higher.

Robber smiley: try scrapping everything and make something like this: http://i.imgur.com/FLOr09g.png

Pirate: I like the hat. The eyes should change back to a smaller scale and the mouth should include a simple grin with a beard as well(marked by a duller yellow coloration) without that tweed or cigar or whatever that was.

New viking: like it.

Firefighter: hat is too low and too curved. The eyes should be more exposed.

Knight: Eyes look too exposed.

Blacksmith: I jumped from my seat when seeing his face lol. Keep the beard but remove the moustache. Have the eyebrows not pressed but relaxed.

Dog: your new new one that's on page 2 looks impressive! (a hint for not basing your revamped smilies off of the old ones)

Alien: Am I the only one who likes this one?

Astronaut: Looks peculiar. There should be one large black mass covering the entirety of the upper portion of the smiley. Also, the two darker spots on the black part should disappear.

Monster: scrap it. All of it. Rename it into a typical monster like Werewolf or Goblin and make something off of that.

Skeleton: the eyes look evil.

Mad Scientist: the glasses need a crooked angry feel.

Fire Demon: instead of having the head on fire, make the whole smiley on fire.

Sick: a closed mouth or a slightly-opened mouth. Keep the green but change the mouth to this: http://www.clipartbest.com/cliparts/KTj … rjg7c.jpeg

Unit: The top white border needs to be removed (see Firefighter).

Gladiator: the eyes should be higher, and the eyes should be visible. The center line should be shorter and not stretch all the way down to the mouth.

Cow: Looks more like a bull. I would love a black and white cow. The nose should be pink. The mouth looks normal but the nose needs to be more narrow. And are those horns? Cows don't have horns lol.

Scarecrow: coloring looks too orange. Add a more yellow tone to it.

I'm fine with the rest. Please take these thoughts into consideration!

Wooted by: (3)

#45 2015-03-29 02:55:53

BEE

Your new dog is 100x better than the old dog, even the old, odd shaped one. I want to pet it.

Scientist is better with wider grin as well.

Custom Tab: Forum Post|Trello

Thanks Xen for my Avatar and Smitty for the smiley 47BA5lq.png

Wooted by:

#46 2015-03-29 03:51:35

Fradeshan

gkaby wrote:

christmas wish list:

keep current astronaut somehow

Even though I already understand the unlikely chance of this happening, I thought to counteract some of the extreme bias here for the new astronaut.

old astronaut was one of best smilies ever!!!

rip

https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/8/80/072_astronaut

not that new one is bad (imo its good) but i rly like old one

//forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad

dogeman: OH GOD THIS IS WORSER THAN A MASH POTATO

#47 2015-03-29 04:03:35

Security-Drone

Well... Someone said that the new astronaut smiley looks kinda like a pigsnout. But hey! At least there is no smiley like this! 4411024.gif Creepy...

If you need to contact me, use my discord ID 319247782932119554

BillSprite2.5.pngricarcao4.pngBillSprite2.5.png

RICARCAO1

#48 2015-03-29 04:05:32

gkaby
Website

i wish there was a smiley like that it looks rly cool

idk

#49 2015-03-29 05:42:34

Grilyon2

No please no!

Wooted by:

#50 2015-03-29 06:30:00

Wonkathing

I know I can't force you not to add these smileys to the game. You've worked very hard on them and it seems the majority of the community wants them implemented in. However, I feel that users who don't want to see these new monstrosities in game, such as I, should be able to use an alternate downloadable client with the original unedited smileys. And I'm not gonna make the client myself; I'm a pathetic talentless sub-human.

EKG_Asystole.jpg

Laderw1431525108504317

Board footer