Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#51 2015-03-26 11:40:23, last edited by 5upertrinity (2015-03-26 11:43:34)

5upertrinity

Re: Why this game has a small community

MIHB_casts_confuseplayer wrote:

He says he was active in EE for 2 years; does anybody remember him?  How involved in the game was he?  He's not ingrained into this community.  He's somebody who arrives, gets excited, gets bored, and leaves, by his own admission.

No, I don't think he cares about the game, not really.  If he did, maybe he'd actually care about the opinions of people who know the game and the community a lot better than he does.

Put it this way, I care enough to make this thread and reply to every single one of your posts.
If I didn't care, I wouldn't have made this thread in the first place. And even if no one remembers me, it's not a surprised.
I played this game full on, I mostly played levels than created levels.

I still created many levels though, I remember my face when
getting a level I made into the top spot of the online list without using bots. I had many friends in the community,
though I haven't seen them ever since I left. And it's not that I don't care about your opinions, I ignore certain opinions for a reason.
Some opinions you point out are good ones in my opinion, and some are just plain nonsense, again, in my opinion.

And yes, I was someone who arrives, gets excited, gets bored, and then leaves. But, I arrived, I got excited, I stayed for a long time,
got bored after that long period of time, then left.

● Minecraft Username ► 5uperTrinity
● EE Username ► Zaught

#52 2015-03-26 11:45:00, last edited by BEE (2015-03-26 11:49:44)

BEE

I am aware of how pompous the post was. In fact the first thing I did was google him and dismissed him. Just because he is apparently popular on minecraft gives him no credibility here. The only person I would give credibility from minecraft is Notch. I'm popular here and I would in no way think I am credible enough to give advice to other games. But that is besides the point because those are all ad hominen attacks and not the core of this discussion.

He didn't know what he was doing with the post, and his intentions were well intentioned overall. Think about the average age for the userbase for this game and he is probably in it. It's not worth your time.

Now if Jawapa were posting this, I give you permission to get upset.

Instead of trying to prove someone on the internet wrong, why not promote your own idea. Just like the levels that are the best, the ideas that are the best get the most attention.

He already has several people countering his ideas, what we need is a consumable solution.

I have to go nublet, and won't be back online til forever today, okay?

Custom Tab: Forum Post|Trello

Thanks Xen for my Avatar and Smitty for the smiley 47BA5lq.png

#53 2015-03-26 11:48:01, last edited by MIHB_casts_confuseplayer (2015-03-26 11:52:03)

MIHB_casts_confuseplayer

Name one of your friends in the community.  The ones you haven't seen since then.  Hell, name ten of them.  Name just one name any of us would recognize from 2 years ago.  ****, why don't you tell us what YOUR name was back then and is now?  There is neither a Supertrinity nor a 5upertrinity on EE.  Lets see the commitment you've put in, the block packs you've gathered over months of collecting energy.  Lets see the maps you made.  And hurry up and report me to the admins, your constant threats of doing so are tedious.

Instead of trying to prove someone on the internet wrong, why not promote your own idea. Just like the levels that are the best, the ideas that are the best get the most attention.

In the other thread I posted, I explained that the way to build the playerbase is the improve the tools people have to use to build maps.  I gave a pretty thorough explanation of why this is needed.

#54 2015-03-26 11:55:00

BEE

Consumable. Noting the userbase again.

Also your title still focuses back on this thread instead of being a standalone.

We'll chat later nublet, I really otta go now.

Custom Tab: Forum Post|Trello

Thanks Xen for my Avatar and Smitty for the smiley 47BA5lq.png

#55 2015-03-26 11:57:48, last edited by MIHB_casts_confuseplayer (2015-03-26 11:58:15)

MIHB_casts_confuseplayer

You keep saying consumable.  Insert princess bride "I don't think that word means what you think it does" gif.

There are reasons I'm not outlining my proposals on this forum beyond that, and I will tell you why.  But not here.

#56 2015-03-26 11:59:03, last edited by 5upertrinity (2015-03-26 12:07:32)

5upertrinity

Name one of your friends in the community.  The ones you haven't seen since then.  Hell, name ten of them.  Name just one name any of us would recognize from 2 years ago.  ****, why don't you tell us what YOUR name was back then and is now?  There is neither a Supertrinity nor a 5upertrinity on EE.  Lets see the commitment you've put in, the block packs you've gathered over months of collecting energy.  Lets see the maps you made.

Unfortunantly I can't give evidence of levels I've made in EE. My profile is currently private and the levels I made back then were deleted right after I quit.
I've already started to build a few levels, since in Minecraft you can build maps, it gives me an advantage when working on making levels in EE.

My username is zaught, and still is zaught, though I still wish to change it.
But anyway, you asked for friends. This is a tough one since I forgot 99% of them, though this still doesn't mean you're right.
I remember gathering friends from other games like Platform Racing 2, Bad Eggs Online, and Minecraft to come and play EE with me.
Their usernames in EE differed from the ones I knew them by on the other game I played with them.

The only person from EE that I can remember playing with was Cow, though I do remember I had more friends in EE, I just can't figure out their usernames.
But still, there's a good chance he doesn't remember me, this still doesn't prove anything. It's been 2 years, it's pretty damn normal
to forget the username of a friend you played with a few years ago.

Asking me to prove this to you is completely useless and can't be used against me, I hope you know that.

● Minecraft Username ► 5uperTrinity
● EE Username ► Zaught

#57 2015-03-26 12:16:27, last edited by Pyromaniac (2015-03-26 12:24:23)

Pyromaniac
Official Caroler

Name one of your friends in the community.  The ones you haven't seen since then.  Hell, name ten of them.  Name just one name any of us would recognize from 2 years ago.  ****, why don't you tell us what YOUR name was back then and is now?  There is neither a Supertrinity nor a 5upertrinity on EE.  Lets see the commitment you've put in, the block packs you've gathered over months of collecting energy.  Lets see the maps you made.

Quick interjection. Why would a new player want to join if they looked at the forums and saw pompous posts like this? Just because he isn't as "popular", (or elitist, but thats neither here nor there), as you means that his opinion is invalid? If he claims to have been here for two years, and thinks he has some insight into why the community is dying, then just let him post it. This is the superiority issue I was talking about.

I realize that you put a..lot.. of time into EE, and unfortunately, I did too (but most likely not at the same intensity). But that doesn't put you above him intellectually.

Wooted by: (2)

#58 2015-03-26 13:07:00

Nou

Feel the love <3

No u.

#59 2015-03-26 14:28:00

What's even going on here?

#60 2015-03-26 14:33:36

Dazz

0176 wrote:

What's even going on here?

Prestige and ego pumping.

Wooted by:

#61 2015-03-26 15:19:19

Different55
Forum Admin

Holy crap this topic is a mess.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#62 2015-03-26 22:53:25

skullz17

Pyromaniac wrote:

Quick interjection. Why would a new player want to join if they looked at the forums and saw pompous posts like this? Just because he isn't as "popular", (or elitist, but thats neither here nor there), as you means that his opinion is invalid? If he claims to have been here for two years, and thinks he has some insight into why the community is dying, then just let him post it. This is the superiority issue I was talking about.

I realize that you put a..lot.. of time into EE, and unfortunately, I did too (but most likely not at the same intensity). But that doesn't put you above him intellectually.

Well I think his point was that he has more knowledge of EE, and therefore has a better understanding of what it needs and doesn't need.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

#63 2015-03-26 23:22:01

Pyromaniac
Official Caroler

skullz17 wrote:
Pyromaniac wrote:

Well I think his point was that he has more knowledge of EE, and therefore has a better understanding of what it needs and doesn't need.

Yeah but the general and pervading haughty attitude in his posts is unnecessary and frankly, rude. I was just using this example to prove my previous point.

#64 2015-03-27 00:24:37

MIHB_casts_confuseplayer

Pyromaniac wrote:

Pyromaniac, I'm not calling him out because I think he's new, and thus his opinion doesn't count.  I'm calling him out because his opinion is aggressively wrong, and he refuses to engage in a civilized debate so we can actually discuss the issues.

We're all just random people with random names on the Internet, but there are people behind those names.  The person behind my name has an extensive background in this area, and his profession is literally to understand communities like this well enough to generate new insight that nobody has ever had before.

I started with a very thorough and civil deconstruction of why his opinion was in error, and he simply brushed it off without actually addressing why he disagreed with any of my points.  So far, in the thread or through PMs, he has not done that, even though I literally asked him to do so in 2 straight PMs.  The guy can't give a straight answer because he doesn't know what he's talking about.  Theres nothing wrong with that.  But if he wants to pretend he knows things, while plugging his ears and saying "lalala I can't hear you", I'll cheerfully cut him down without hesitation.

#65 2015-03-27 03:29:07, last edited by FDOOU (2015-03-27 03:45:57)

FDOOU
Banned

I am 5uperTrinity, a gamer who is also well known in the Minecraft community.

Minecraft

Community

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethos#Rhetoric
Violations of ethos include:

The speaker has a direct interest in the outcome of the debate (e.g. a person pleading innocence of a crime);
    The speaker has a vested interest or ulterior motive in the outcome of the debate;
    The speaker has no expertise (e.g. a lawyer giving a speech on space flight is less convincing than an astronaut giving the same speech).

DINGDINGDING

Come find me in game!

#66 2015-03-27 14:37:19

madiik

See the signature below, because thats whats happening at the moment.
The most reasonable explanation to the community dieing is that there are no new ideas. If there isn't no new content, players will get bored because of that "same old block pack" >_>

shh i have returned

#67 2015-03-27 15:10:31

Pyromaniac
Official Caroler

Tell me you didn't put that as your sig just for that comment

#68 2015-03-27 22:26:25

madiik

Pyromaniac wrote:

Tell me you didn't put that as your sig just for that comment