Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-03-22 02:28:28, last edited by MIHB_casts_confuseplayer (2015-03-22 02:37:27)

MIHB_casts_confuseplayer

MIHB's list of things he wants

1. Visible down arrow

With invisible arrows, you can basically make a room look fine even when gravity is sideways or up--it just looks like your "default" gravity has shifted.

The problem with this is, you can't make visible down arrows.  That means, if you want to do a "default sideways gravity" or "default up gravity" room, you can't have "down gravity" without it being impossible to see the down movement.

2. Auto-generated smiley

In other words, I'd like to be able to place a smiley that automatically gets generated when the level opens.  The smiley wouldn't need to do anything, but it would need to react to the level the way a normal smiley would (so, arrows could move it around and it would trigger keys it hits).

An auto-generated smiley that properly responds to gravity and key presses would basically make vanishing blocks and anything that could be done with vanishing blocks possible.  For example, design a loop that has a smiley hit keys to cause a "platform" to move by blocks appearing and vanishing.  Then have a smiley auto-generate in the loop.  Bam, vanishing block level.

3. Large/massive/humongous low-grav maps, or the ability to make any map low-grav.

We have a level type that allows the player to jump large distances, but we can only use it in small maps without much room.  Do I need to point out how incredibly stupid that is?

4. Blocks that reset the characteristics of whoever touches it. 

For example, a block that instantly puts you back to 0 coins collected, or a block that sets your death count back to 0.

Right now the only way to reset player characteristics is to reset the level or send them through a world portal, and both of those reset all player characteristics.  Being able to keep the player in certain locations, and to only reset some characteristics but not others, would be useful.

5. A second set of timed doors, with a different timing cycle.

This wouldn't be needed if we got the auto-generated smiley, but if that isn't feasible, a second set of timed doors could make proper vanishing/moving block minis actually work.  Right now you have to time the jump perfectly to jump from door to door as the door turns; that makes those kinds of minis mostly unplayable.

6.  Invisible music /drum notes.

I think you all can guess exactly how I would use those.

7. Blocks you can move behind

So that windows would actually have a point.  Also would be great for level-building in general, regardless of windows.

I'll add more to this list as I think of or remember things.

#2 2015-03-22 02:54:29

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Re: MIHB's list of things he wants

I like some of these

Discord: jawp#5123

#3 2015-03-22 07:50:17

logothetis
Website

Re: MIHB's list of things he wants

I like some of this,too.Visible down arrow is awesome. https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/3/3a/002_grin

everybody_edits_sword_fight_by_echokai-d5qr01m.gif
Credits To Echo

logothetis1427007017485680

Board footer