Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#126 2015-03-14 20:09:29

goeyfun

Re: Official Contest Results Complaining Topic

Itsmeandersonlol wrote:

Message to the losers: show off your worlds here please. I'll be able to point off areas that dropped your score.

I did not complain about the competition, but i find ur post offensive //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/neutral

Ug3JzgO.png

Wooted by:

#127 2015-03-14 20:25:14

Abelysk

goeyfun wrote:
Itsmeandersonlol wrote:

Message to the losers: show off your worlds here please. I'll be able to point off areas that dropped your score.

I did not complain about the competition, but i find ur post offensive //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/neutral

I can point flaws out in my world too. Nothing offensive about that.

#128 2015-03-14 20:26:17

iPwner
Website

Itsmeandersonlol wrote:
goeyfun wrote:
Itsmeandersonlol wrote:

The fact you think you have the right to do so is offensive, as this contest was a ploy to attract n00bz anyway.

ssAARASAAAAAAAAA  iAAAAAAAAAAAAA OU yaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAA YAAAaa YAAaah; yaayaayaa, yayayaya-ya-ya YAAA YAAAYA; YAYAYA YAAHAYAhAAAAAAAAAA 

EPIOOOOOUUUUUUuuuuuu   IUO0O0oooooooooooppi

;3 0>o ~X_x~ <~(^V^)~> (); ;B ;~; *~<:',',',',',{ Q=(*@`)Q

Im A ®a®ity ®

#129 2015-03-14 20:28:21, last edited by Abelysk (2015-03-14 20:31:55)

Abelysk

iPwner wrote:
Itsmeandersonlol wrote:
goeyfun wrote:
Itsmeandersonlol wrote:

The fact you think you have the right to do so is offensive, as this contest was a ploy to attract n00bz anyway.

My goodness. Everything I say from god has to exist or this or that is misinterpreted... Completely!

Your noob ploy thing is also incorrect.

Edit: All I meant is that, from my biased opinion, I can spot what made the people who lost LOSE. It could be the overcrowding of the map, it could be the block/BG choice, it could be anything. All I meant was I could find what made Toop not consider the screen a possible winner. Nothing offensive there, right?

#130 2015-03-14 20:31:17

iPwner
Website

Itsmeandersonlol wrote:
iPwner wrote:
Itsmeandersonlol wrote:
goeyfun wrote:
Itsmeandersonlol wrote:

My goodness. Everything I say from god has to exist or this or that is misinterpreted... Completely!

Your noob ploy thing is also incorrect.

Incorrect. I already said this, but a mod PM'ed me saying that they wanted to give new players a chance to win.

ssAARASAAAAAAAAA  iAAAAAAAAAAAAA OU yaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAA YAAAaa YAAaah; yaayaayaa, yayayaya-ya-ya YAAA YAAAYA; YAYAYA YAAHAYAhAAAAAAAAAA 

Im A ®a®ity ®

#131 2015-03-14 20:34:01

Abelysk

iPwner wrote:

Incorrect. I already said this, but a mod PM'ed me saying that they wanted to give new players a chance to win.

Okay. But you've probably tooken that the wrong way. Yes, it could have been something to get players to wanna do the contest, and hey, look what happened! Players did participate.

It's not "letting noobs win". If that's what a mod told you, then that mod might have worded it wrong. Just saying.

#132 2015-03-14 20:35:04

Michele
Formerly AntonioS300

What's wrong with my level? I didn't get 1st place or something!

Idler.jpg
XOsS4ha.gif

#133 2015-03-14 20:35:34

iPwner
Website

Itsmeandersonlol wrote:
iPwner wrote:

Okay. But you've probably tooken that the wrong way. Yes, it could have been something to get players to wanna do the contest, and hey, look what happened! Players did participate.

It's not "letting noobs win". If that's what a mod told you, then that mod might have worded it wrong. Just saying.

He said, "This contest was about giving new players a chance to win to attract a larger userbase". I'm pretty sure that's what he meant. That's why so many bad teams won. AUTHORITY USING CONTESTS TO INCREASE USERBASE?! IMPOSSIBRU!~

Im A ®a®ity ®

#134 2015-03-14 20:36:08

Abelysk

AntonioS300 wrote:

I don't know. Did your world match Toop's guidelines? If not, that might be why.

#135 2015-03-14 20:37:11

Abelysk

iPwner wrote:

new players a chance to win

Exactly what I said. The mod is giving them "a chance to win", not "a 100% sure chance they win".

#136 2015-03-14 20:40:26

Michele
Formerly AntonioS300

Itsmeandersonlol wrote:
AntonioS300 wrote:

I don't know. Did your world match Toop's guidelines? If not, that might be why.

Idk

Idler.jpg
XOsS4ha.gif

#137 2015-03-14 20:41:31, last edited by iPwner (2015-03-14 20:42:08)

iPwner
Website

itsmeandersonlol wrote:

Yes, it could have been something to get players to wanna do the contest, and hey, look what happened! Players did participate. crapp

nop.. you said it would motivate players to participate. ALL contests motivate players to participate. This one was to give new players a chance to WIN, to increase the likelihood of them staying with the game instead of just raging and calling quits. Unlike previous contests, in which all the "pros" won, usually the same people.

EDIT: post 911 HAPPY NINE ELEVEN EVERYBODY YAAAAY!

Im A ®a®ity ®

#138 2015-03-14 20:41:45

SPT

the stupidity in this topic is intense

Wooted by: (4)

#139 2015-03-14 20:43:03, last edited by iPwner (2015-03-14 20:43:48)

iPwner
Website

Awzome wrote:

the stupidity in this topic is intense

Intensely concentrated in this^ post, you mean? pone't

Im A ®a®ity ®

#140 2015-03-14 21:03:30

Miasmic
Formerly Boh

iPwner wrote:
itsmeandersonlol wrote:

Yes, it could have been something to get players to wanna do the contest, and hey, look what happened! Players did participate. crapp

nop.. you said it would motivate players to participate. ALL contests motivate players to participate. This one was to give new players a chance to WIN, to increase the likelihood of them staying with the game instead of just raging and calling quits. Unlike previous contests, in which all the "pros" won, usually the same people.

EDIT: post 911 HAPPY NINE ELEVEN EVERYBODY YAAAAY!

I think it gave new players a chance to win because making a loading screen is quite a simple task, much less daunting and work intensive compared to designing a playable level. This gave anyone who plays EE the chance to participate - both experienced and inexperienced builders - also, because the design brief was narrow, it's a much more level playing field for people of all skills because there really is a limit to how much anyone can do with such a small space.

Wooted by:

#141 2015-03-14 21:17:18

Pingohits
Banned

im enjoying this thread so much ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

791mAP8.png

Wooted by: (2)

#142 2015-03-14 21:19:53

AsurcH

Pingohits wrote:

#143 2015-03-14 21:36:18, last edited by Anch (2015-03-14 23:30:10)

Anch

AsurcH wrote:
Pingohits wrote:

Same
(      ͡°      ͜ʖ      ͡°     )
Everyone is like:

Well I'm not sure if this is considered flaming so I'll just spoil this

And I'm just like yay 13th place is good yayyayayayay.

#144 2015-03-15 01:19:10, last edited by Slingshot (2015-03-15 01:39:42)

Slingshot
Website

Alright, enough complaining...

So here is the contest in a nutshell:

- Around 200 teams signed up.
- Only 13 got the prize.
- 1% people were happy.
- Over 9000 Complaints were made.
- Mods tried to stop it, but they keep on coming.
- But hey, at least 75% of the entries were good.

Overall: Contest was "Meh." Controversy attracted immediately after the results were posted.

Idea for next contest: At least issue a Prize for Participating, ok?

Case Closed. 'Nuff Said.

Also itsmeandersonlol, would you care to point out one of the flaws in my level that made me lose the contest? The World ID is in my sig.

#145 2015-03-15 01:45:17

rgl32

Am I missing something or what? on the blog post it shows 1 first place winner, 4 second place winners, and 8 third place winners, thats 13 winners, not 9 (I have recounted way to many times).

Wooted by: (3)

#146 2015-03-15 02:40:54

Miasmic
Formerly Boh

Slingshot wrote:

The definition of a contest is to compete - for a prize - against other people. The fewer the prizes - the higher the competition. It would be great if you could just sign up for something and get free stuff - but that stuff would be valueless.

Wooted by:

#147 2015-03-15 02:47:48, last edited by Pyromaniac (2015-03-15 02:48:52)

Pyromaniac
Official Caroler

Boh wrote:
Slingshot wrote:

The definition of a contest is to compete - for a prize - against other people. The fewer the prizes - the higher the competition. It would be great if you could just sign up for something and get free stuff - but that stuff would be valueless.

Honestly, not to give EE overdue significance, this is becoming more and more an issue in modern society. This new generation (my and our generation) isn't being taught how to fail. By giving participation awards and whatnot to anyone, it is creating a culture of expectation that makes hard work unnecessary.

Im not saying that building a level in EE constitutes as "hard work", but the same thing applies here. People just need to learn how to lose. Failure (originally i typed "failgirl", lol) is inevitable and a necessary part of art, probably more so than any other endeavor. (Again, I'm not saying that this game is "art", but the moral can be applied)

#148 2015-03-15 02:49:52, last edited by iPwner (2015-03-16 08:06:40)

iPwner
Website

Pyromaniac wrote:
Boh wrote:
Slingshot wrote:

Honestly, not to give EE overdue significance, this is becoming more and more an issue in modern society. This new generation (my and our generation) isn't being taught how to fail. By giving participation awards and whatnot to anyone, it is creating a culture of expectation that makes hard work unnecessary.

Im not saying that building a level in EE constitutes as "hard work", but the same thing applies here. People just need to learn how to lose. Failure (originally i typed "failgirl", lol) is inevitable and a necessary part of art, probably more so than any other endeavor. (Again, I'm not saying that this game is "art", but the moral can be applied)

Did you learn that in your english class? :d

(i did)

Im A ®a®ity ®

Wooted by:

#149 2015-03-15 02:58:05, last edited by Zoey2070 (2015-03-15 03:02:06)

Pingohits
Banned

iPwner wrote:
Pyromaniac wrote:
Boh wrote:
Slingshot wrote:

Did you study that in your english class? :d (i did)

im sure pyromaniac is the only person that acts correctly on the interwebs

meanwhile im here posting extremely large pictures of cabbages but then having a mod change them to urls because they're so big
http://guiltfreefoodguide.com/wp-conten … abbage.jpg

791mAP8.png

#150 2015-03-15 04:42:45

Abelysk

You learn by losing, folks. Try harder next time, and learn from your mistakes.

RavaTroll1510195466682661

Board footer