Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-03-08 14:58:27, last edited by Insanity (2015-03-12 19:13:19)

Insanity

Opinions on Marijunana Consumption

what's yours?

serious discussion nerds, legalize or no? y or y not?

In the next 10 years I think more than half of the US will legalize marijuana use, all for it.

more jobs --> tax it extra hard --> mad cash flow --> economic stimulus --> high ppl

no reason not to legalize

List of people who have commented on this post to share their opinion on whether or not it should be legalized. If I'm not sure of your position i'll list you as neutral.

FOR:
-1nsanity
-Calicara
-Skullz
-IluvBaconYum
-Zoey2070
-Pingohits
-Jawapa
-Cow
-Colon
-Onjit
-rgl32

AGAINST:
-RumMumMario
-nathanskilx8711

NEUTRAL:
-Anak
-TentacleTherapist
-Bobithan
-Itsmeandersonlol

Maverick: Started up on a 6, when he pulled from the clouds, and then I moved in above him.
Charlie: Well, if you were directly above him, how could you see him?
Maverick: Because I was inverted.

Wooted by: (2)

#2 2015-03-08 15:02:10

Anak

Re: Opinions on Marijunana Consumption

Smoking a joint carries the same effects as smoking a cigarette. Like, you're smoking. That's gonna hurt.
On that note, weed is only illegal because it's a drug. Whereas when you smoke a cigarette, you're smoking a drug as well. The nicotine in cigarettes make them addictive. Quite strange that one is allowed but the other isn't.

#3 2015-03-08 15:03:36, last edited by Calicara (2015-03-08 15:03:56)

Calicara

I think the US should legalize marijuana. I think it would cause crime rates to go down since there would be less drug related crime activity. Some people say, if we legalize marijuana what drugs will come next? Probably none or few. From what I understand pot just makes people docile and hungry. I don't see how that's necessarily harmful so long as you're consenting to it and are in a safe place.

tgA1y17.jpg
I am obsessed with Steven Universe

#4 2015-03-08 15:04:50

Insanity

Anak wrote:

Smoking a joint carries the same effects as smoking a cigarette. Like, you're smoking. That's gonna hurt.
On that note, weed is only illegal because it's a drug. Whereas when you smoke a cigarette, you're smoking a drug as well. The nicotine in cigarettes make them addictive. Quite strange that one is allowed but the other isn't.

agreed

smoking is terrible for your lungs, but if anything, I think cigs should be illegal because of their addictive nature. Weed isn't addictive by nature, so ppl have a choice to do it sparingly or all the time.

Also, edibles

Maverick: Started up on a 6, when he pulled from the clouds, and then I moved in above him.

#5 2015-03-08 15:59:34

skullz17

I don't think marijuana is directly linked to any diseases in the same way that cigarettes are. You can't overdose it either. So maybe it's not that dangerous. Plus legalising the drug might give more control over it. Alcohol is legal and there's control on that (age restriction). Also, police could save more of their time if they didn't have to arrest marijuana users. That time could be used for something better.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

#6 2015-03-08 16:00:36, last edited by tentacleTherapist (2015-03-08 16:04:57)

tentacleTherapist

Although I don't particularly have a strong opinion on the subject, as a Biologist I probably should bring up the fact that the carcinogens in Cannabis smoke are about twice as concentrated as they are in tobacco. As well as the fact that THC (the psychotropic part of Cannabis) acts as an immunosuppressant therefore making yourself more exposed to infection.

This is hella gay

#7 2015-03-08 16:01:20, last edited by Anak (2015-03-08 16:05:23)

Anak

I don't recall anyone dying from weed. It's smoking, but I've never heard of any fatalities.

Edit: Seems I'm late from that post, lmao

Channel 4 did a thing call Cannabis on Trial, where someone took it and it was researched live. I haven't watched it, but it may be of interest. http://www.channel4.com/programmes/drug … /56137-001

#8 2015-03-08 16:31:58

ILoveBaconYUM

If you're a real marijuana user, you use fractional distillation to get pure THC. ^^

#9 2015-03-08 16:32:56

Insanity

ILoveBaconYUM wrote:

If you're a real marijuana user, you use fractional distillation to get pure THC. ^^

hashish oil is hard to come by and vapes are expensive af, but yea that stuff is optimal by far

#10 2015-03-08 16:36:23

skullz17

Anak wrote:

I don't recall anyone dying from weed. It's smoking, but I've never heard of any fatalities.

Channel 4 did a thing call Cannabis on Trial, where someone took it and it was researched live. I haven't watched it, but it may be of interest. http://www.channel4.com/programmes/drug … /56137-001

I remember that channel 4 thing, but I didn't watch it. Thanks for the link, I would've forgotten about it completely otherwise.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

#11 2015-03-08 16:44:58

FDOOU
Banned

roflstoners

Come find me in game!

#12 2015-03-08 17:06:43

Anak

skullz17 wrote:
Anak wrote:

I remember that channel 4 thing, but I didn't watch it. Thanks for the link, I would've forgotten about it completely otherwise.

I only saw it off Gogglebox. Jon Snow got high, had an MRI scan, and felt awful. He felt a loss of identity or something.

#13 2015-03-08 17:11:14, last edited by Zoey2070 (2016-10-26 03:54:14)

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

don't drink the bong water

As for legalization, I kind of think it should be legalized for medical and recreational use.
The only people who die from Marijuana are those who smoked weed laced with something.

proc's discorb UnGdm07.gif stylish themes for forums/the game UnGdm07.gif
꧁꧂L O V E & C O R N꧁꧂   ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
danke bluecloud thank u raphe   Gq8tv9Z.gif [this section of my sig is dedicated to everything i've loved that's ever died]
? Hc0cu9u.gif         6yG4Efc.gif

#14 2015-03-08 17:14:57, last edited by RumMumMario (2015-03-08 17:15:24)

RumMumMario

Calicara wrote:

I think the US should legalize marijuana. I think it would cause crime rates to go down since there would be less drug related crime activity. Some people say, if we legalize marijuana what drugs will come next? Probably none or few. From what I understand pot just makes people docile and hungry. I don't see how that's necessarily harmful so long as you're consenting to it and are in a safe place.

How would the crime rates (related to drugs) go down if we legalize marijuana? We still have many more drugs that are used often; heroin, cocaine, LSD, meth, mushrooms, etc etc.

Legalizing marijuana will just make the country look worse, especially if in U.S. There will be more crazy people with red eyes and high that rape little children.

Hey! Let's chat, I'm on IRC from 4:00PM(EST) - 9:00PM(EST). ttps://qchat.rizon.net/?channels=#shellshocklive

127371832852516405610_model100414.png

#15 2015-03-08 17:16:49

Anak

RumMumMario wrote:
Calicara wrote:

How would the crime rates (related to drugs) go down if we legalize marijuana? We still have many more drugs that are used often; heroin, cocaine, LSD, meth, mushrooms, etc etc.

Legalizing marijuana will just make the country look worse, especially if in U.S. There will be more crazy people with red eyes and high that rape little children.

That's a generalisation. I've only really heard of weed being used recreationally, just in someone's home or with friends. Never heard of "raping little kids" coming from it.

I think the lowering of drug related crime would be that police won't have to focus on weed the whole time so that they can actually focus on more life threatening/dangerous drugs.

#16 2015-03-08 17:21:58

Insanity

Zoey2070 wrote:

don't drink the bong water

As for legalization, I kind of think it should be legalized for medical and recreational use.
The only people who die from Marijuana are those who smoked weed laced with something.

dont cough into a bong either, you'll find that it sprays everywhere and is a massive biotch to clean up

#17 2015-03-08 17:41:17

FDOOU
Banned

RumMumMario wrote:
Calicara wrote:

If it isn't illegal, it isn't a crime

It's a kinda stupid way of thinking about things

Come find me in game!

#18 2015-03-08 19:38:08, last edited by Insanity (2015-03-08 19:40:48)

Insanity

RumMumMario wrote:

Lmao dude people don't commit crimes while high on weed. Quite the contrary tbh. Drugs can make people do stupid sh!t yes, but if someone was gonna do stupid sh!t on drugs, they'd be doing stupid sh!t regardless. Doesn't make a difference if they're stoned while doing it.

Ex.
Someone who drunk drives is an idiot. But not all people who drink, drive while they drink.

You're statement is somewhat ignorant of what weed actually does to people. A rapist will attempt to rape people regardless of whether he's high or not. I blaze to relax, it amplifies a relationship you have with people, it creates bonding, and most of all it's fun. It's a perfectly fine recreational activity for those that aren't batsh!t crazy. But that goes the same for alcohol, which is legal. Why?

But don't worry bro it's not too late to cure ignorance.

Grab a blunt, light it up, and save your soul.

#19 2015-03-08 19:45:05

Pingohits
Banned

MARYWANA CURE CANSER

MARYWANA BEST

legalize

791mAP8.png

#20 2015-03-08 19:53:28

tentacleTherapist

Pingohits wrote:

MARYWANA CURE CANSER

MARYWANA BEST

legalize

Even though your language suggests you are joking I have already mentioned that Cannabis smoke contains twice the concentration of carcinogenic substances. It is a huge misconception that Cannabis helps cancer as it is 50% more likely to cause a tumor than tobacco.

This is hella gay

Wooted by:

#21 2015-03-08 20:01:33

Twipply

tentacleTherapist wrote:

Cannabis smoke contains twice the concentration of carcinogenic substances. It is a huge misconception that Cannabis helps cancer as it is 50% more likely to cause a tumor than tobacco.

Well isn't that interesting. I'd sure love to see a source for these claims!

- Twipply

#22 2015-03-08 20:03:07, last edited by Anak (2015-03-08 20:03:23)

Anak

Twipply wrote:
tentacleTherapist wrote:

Cannabis smoke contains twice the concentration of carcinogenic substances. It is a huge misconception that Cannabis helps cancer as it is 50% more likely to cause a tumor than tobacco.

Well isn't that interesting. I'd sure love to see a source for these claims!

Here it is.

#23 2015-03-08 20:13:52, last edited by Zoey2070 (2015-03-08 20:16:35)

Twipply

Anak wrote:

Instead of trying to be a smartypants, you might've better spent the time more deeply evaluating the tone with which I made my post.

Here's some time to think about it, beware the upcoming spoilers!

Yes, that's right, I wasn't really being serious. I wanted him to go try find his sources so he'd either realise he's talking snickerdoodles, or I'd be able to tell him he's talking snickerdoodles. Really, thanks though, I never knew this "Google" website existed until now! (See how I did it again there? I think it might be called sarcasm, maybe you can "Google" it for me)

- Twipply

#24 2015-03-08 20:15:45

Insanity

tentacleTherapist wrote:

Even though your language suggests you are joking I have already mentioned that Cannabis smoke contains twice the concentration of carcinogenic substances. It is a huge misconception that Cannabis helps cancer as it is 50% more likely to cause a tumor than tobacco.

Ya, cannabis has nearly 3 times the amount of tar than a cig (tar buildup destroys lungs and causes lung cancer to a degree), but it's not addictive. If you blaze say, one a month or every few weeks you'll have a far less chance of getting cancer than someone who smokes a pack of cigs a day.

Also, people don't smoke weed for life. You can quit anytime, anywhere.

#25 2015-03-08 20:18:20

nathskiix7811

i know someone who snorted one weed once and died so its bad ok

Kyle971426522559483645

Board footer