Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-03-03 08:27:51

JadElClemens

[Java] [Request] PlayerIO Java libraries?

Hey guys,
Quite a few of you responded to my initial request for help with bot programming. One response was a quote of a tutorial by Takoman, where he said that there were different playerIO libraries for more languages than C#. Namely, Java.

The quote of Tako links to topics based on the old forum, and these don't translate exactly to links on this forum.
I'm bad at words, but what I'm trying to say is I can't find the topic Tako linked to that supposedly spoke about programming in Java. Does anyone know which topic this was, or know where to find Java libraries for PlayerIO?

I could develop in C# using mono, but I'd really rather use what I'm comfortable with.

4RNmJ.png

I hate tall signatures.

#2 2015-03-03 13:11:31

Thanel

Re: [Java] [Request] PlayerIO Java libraries?

There is PlayerIO library for Android that can be used with pure Java.
It doesn't provide QuckConnect.SimpleConnect method that is used in EE for logging in, so you need to use this little script that Processor created.
The library is not very different from the C# one, so if you know it you shouldn't have bigger problems with getting it to work.
It's what I use to create official Everybody Edits for Android and so far I didn't see anything that was missing.

#3 2015-03-04 04:14:35

JadElClemens

Thanel wrote:

There is PlayerIO library for Android that can be used with pure Java.
It doesn't provide QuckConnect.SimpleConnect method that is used in EE for logging in, so you need to use this little script that Processor created.
The library is not very different from the C# one, so if you know it you shouldn't have bigger problems with getting it to work.
It's what I use to create official Everybody Edits for Android and so far I didn't see anything that was missing.

Right, so I downloaded the Yahoo Games libraries and imported the jar inside of the Android archive thing into my project's libraries. I also downloaded Processor's QuickConnect.java, but I can't import that class or use its SimpleConnect library no matter if I import that class as a module library or put the class into my project's src directory.

I'm using IntelliJ IDEA if it matters.

4RNmJ.png

I hate tall signatures.

#4 2015-03-08 00:16:50

Thanel

I don't see where the problem might be. It should work if you add it to your module as a .java file, just like other files you create.

#5 2015-03-08 04:41:15

JadElClemens

Thanel wrote:

I don't see where the problem might be. It should work if you add it to your module as a .java file, just like other files you create.

I imported it into my project as a global dependency (Java class), but I can't figure out how to import it into my classes. I've tried importing QuickConnect, QuickConnect.java, etc, but it just doesn't work. Unresolved symbol and all that jazz, you know.

4RNmJ.png

I hate tall signatures.

#6 2015-03-08 09:56:49

Thanel

Then don't import it. Create new file in your project and paste the code here.

Thanel1425805009480375

Board footer