Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-02-18 06:58:34

JadElClemens

How do bot?

Hey guys,
I searched the first couple pages but couldn't find anything relevant. Might help to have a sticky up on the matter.

How does one go about making a bot? What language do you program in? Does it have to be a certain language?

I've been wanting to learn how to bot since I first heard about them, but I was a bit young then and I stopped playing the game before I learned.

Can anyone point me towards any beginners' resources?

Thanks!

4RNmJ.png

I hate tall signatures.

#2 2015-02-18 07:03:11

goeyfun

Re: How do bot?

u can choose to code bots with c# the traditional way
or cupcake? or any other ways...
u can start learning by reading source code of existing bots
>Google is your friend //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

Ug3JzgO.png

#3 2015-02-18 08:08:13

Onjit
Website

I'd like to know how do bot also.

Is there a tutorial somewhere? If not, someone make one.

:.|:;

#4 2015-02-18 08:52:23, last edited by ILoveBaconYUM (2015-02-18 09:33:01)

ILoveBaconYUM

This was in the battle of the bots topic. I've started to learn C++ recently, Although I don't care about EE bots :P. Personally, I like to learn the language from this guy. Also, the IDE I use is Code Blocks. Hope this helps :D.

Tako once wrote:

I would recommend using C#, although it is very subjective which programming language is best. There is also C, C++, Java, and many more. This post by Atilla outlines the advantages of some common languages. But you can only choose one.
--
The first thing you need is a place to write your code, called the Integrated Development Environment (IDE). Here are a couple popular IDEs: Visual Studio (which is extremely popular) and Mono (for those who don't use Windows).   There are undoubtedly dozens of other IDEs out there, so if neither of those strike your fancy then you can google "C# IDE".
--
The second thing you need is general knowledge of your language. A programming language is very similar to a spoken language. It takes time and effort to learn, but you don't need to know everything in order to start speaking it.

With C#, and most other languages, there are a plethora of guides out there. You can just Google "C# tutorial" and pick out the ones you like the best, depending on your learning preferences. I learned it from a physical book, others learn it from Youtube videos, some just like looking at the documentation.

DotNetPerls is an excellent resource if you need specific things to be explained further, such as "if", "switch", and "list".

StackOverflow is like the Yahoo Answers of programming - you will get objective answers to your questions from actual people who know what they're talking about. However, keep in mind that none of them know what EE is, so questions must be general.
--
The third thing you need is domain-specific knowledge. In order to connect to EE, join a room, place blocks, say things, etc., you need to learn how to use a specific library. The PlayerIOClient library is what everybody uses to connect, however, PlayerIOClient is not specifically for EE, and therefore you need to do extra work. If you do not wish to do this extra work, you can instead use a library that builds off of PlayerIOClient and does a lot of the work for you in regards to EE functions. Some popular libraries are: EECloud by Yonom and Express50, Cupcake by Yonom, and Skylight by yours truly. Those links contain guides that explain how to use it.

I make it seem like a daunting task, but I have seen someone go from "what's C#?" to making their own bot in just a few days. Obviously, you will not be as skilled as someone who has been programming for 10 years, but thankfully you do not need to know advanced techniques to make a fun bot.

#5 2015-02-18 15:48:40, last edited by Lionhart (2015-02-18 19:34:00)

Lionhart

I would be glad to make one for C# using the Playerioclient library.

[Edit] Made. http://forums.everybodyedits.com/viewtopic.php?id=26179

#6 2015-02-18 18:52:40

goeyfun

http://bit.ly/1LbhfDn
Hope this helps

Ug3JzgO.png

#7 2015-02-18 18:55:32

goeyfun

Also DarkDragon4900 have made a list of videos about ee bot programming. However it's quite outdated and quite time-consuming...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEIMMqJcA6Q

Ug3JzgO.png

#8 2015-02-19 01:29:06

JadElClemens

Ooh, Java! Heck yeah, something I know.

I've only got minimal knowledge of C++ and none of C# (though I hear it's very much like Java).

Awesome, thanks for the links and stuff everybody!

4RNmJ.png

I hate tall signatures.

#9 2015-02-19 01:52:44

BuzzerBee
Forum Admin

You can't program for EE in Java unless you go way out of your way. The PlayerIOClient Library was made for .NET languages

TdQRyz3.png
https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/5/5d/135_bee

#10 2015-02-19 05:36:22

goeyfun

JadElClemens wrote:

Ooh, Java! Heck yeah, something I know.
I've only got minimal knowledge of C++ and none of C# (though I hear it's very much like Java).
Awesome, thanks for the links and stuff everybody!
it a me, the real Jade L Clemens please upvote and remember to like, favorite, subscribe, plus one, retweet, revine, reblog, reshare, and repost for more quality forum posts like this one.
Thanks b0ss

It's easy to switch to c# or java once you learnt c++ //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile Don't give up! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

Ug3JzgO.png

#11 2015-02-19 22:44:08

JadElClemens

goeyfun wrote:

It's easy to switch to c# or java once you learnt c++ //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile Don't give up! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

Actually I already know Java, that's actually making it easier to learn C++.
I get what you mean, though!

4RNmJ.png

I hate tall signatures.

#12 2015-02-21 20:04:41

capasha

There is a java package on yahoo gaming network. So if you guys want to program in java download the newest pack.

#13 2015-02-21 20:56:16

goeyfun

capasha wrote:

There is a java package on yahoo gaming network. So if you guys want to program in java download the newest pack.

WOW COOL androiddd app bot can be developed

Ug3JzgO.png

#14 2015-02-22 05:47:14

JadElClemens

goeyfun wrote:
capasha wrote:

WOW COOL androiddd app bot can be developed

Haha, that'd be really cool eh? Maybe someone could do something like EE touch. Just touch and draw blocks in your EE level.

4RNmJ.png

I hate tall signatures.

JadElClemens1424580434475602

Board footer