Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-02-18 01:44:48

Shadowkirby

Descriptions and Information of Levels

Sometimes I go through random levels in the lobby, to see if there are any that I might like. But just titles of levels can be very vague, don't you think? Before I enter a level, I would want to know more information about the levels themselves like a description box when you click a button or something. Perhaps also in small text under the level titles, the creator of the map. I just think it would be easier for everyone, to check which levels they might enjoy playing with these ideas so not much time is wasted. I would like to know what a level is about, before I decide to play it. An example of this suggestion is the game Happy Wheels, another game-making type game that shares levels from others publicly for everyone or ''specific'' people who have certain interests, to enjoy.

(- ᴥ -)

#2 2015-02-18 01:48:02

Pingohits
Banned

Re: Descriptions and Information of Levels

that sounds absolutely amazing
there should definitely be more information to the worlds

here are my suggestions:

-How many people won
-How many coins in the world
-A minimap
-World Link
-Genre

Genre= what the world is, such as Minigames, Boss, Art, Experimental

There should also be an addition for Voting, whether or not the level is good. To prevent spamming, you can turn off Voting, and you can only vote when you win the level. If the level does not have a win brick, you can vote whenever you can

791mAP8.png

#3 2015-02-18 01:52:27

Shadowkirby

Pingohits wrote:

that sounds absolutely amazing
there should definitely be more information to the worlds

here are my suggestions:

-How many people won
-How many coins in the world
-A minimap
-World Link
-Genre

Genre= what the world is, such as Minigames, Boss, Art, Experimental

There should also be an addition for Voting, whether or not the level is good. To prevent spamming, you can turn off Voting, and you can only vote when you win the level. If the level does not have a win brick, you can vote whenever you can

Thanks for liking my idea //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile the details you've mentioned should also be included in the description of levels, I agree!

(- ᴥ -)

#4 2015-02-18 01:54:07

Anch

There also could be a small box that shows the actual description. Like the user created it

#5 2015-02-18 01:58:12

Creature

Descriptions is a good idea, same as Level preview and how many coins, but the other stats are just useless and spammy.

This is a false statement.

#6 2015-02-18 09:12:50

iPwner
Website

I actually think coins are the most useless stat. O_0

ssAARASAAAAAAAAA  iAAAAAAAAAAAAA OU yaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAA YAAAaa YAAaah; yaayaayaa, yayayaya-ya-ya YAAA YAAAYA; YAYAYA YAAHAYAhAAAAAAAAAA 

EPIOOOOOUUUUUUuuuuuu   IUO0O0oooooooooooppi

;3 0>o ~X_x~ <~(^V^)~> (); ;B ;~; *~<:',',',',',{ Q=(*@`)Q

Im A ®a®ity ®

#7 2015-02-18 09:29:31, last edited by ILoveBaconYUM (2015-02-18 09:30:47)

ILoveBaconYUM

I'll have to disagree here :P. Being as it's easy to freely enter and exit a level with ease, a description would just be wasting time. If you don't like the level then leave. Reading descriptions would just... upset the flow? Idk :S Also, the description could be a lie so the owner gets more plays.

I would, however, like to see the level creator before entering and a way to search world owners rather than the worlds.

#8 2015-02-18 11:35:39

rgl32

I like most of the ideas of what Pingohits wrote up there, but how many people won and coins are kind of useless stats, mainly because those can be easily manipulated. The idea of having user created descriptions might not be the best idea either, some of people on this game are liars and would put random things to draw you in that isn't in the level, or we would have another spot for people begging to come into their worlds, and plus, you can create a description with signs if you really want to.

#9 2015-02-18 12:11:31

Shadowkirby

rgl32 wrote:

I like most of the ideas of what Pingohits wrote up there, but how many people won and coins are kind of useless stats, mainly because those can be easily manipulated. The idea of having user created descriptions might not be the best idea either, some of people on this game are liars and would put random things to draw you in that isn't in the level, or we would have another spot for people begging to come into their worlds, and plus, you can create a description with signs if you really want to.

That's where the minimap idea comes in.

(- ᴥ -)

#10 2015-02-18 12:53:16

rgl32

Kirby wrote:

Which is probably the best idea on there in my opinion. If you can look at the minimap, you can see if you think it would be a waste of time or whatever reason to play it or not, you don't need another persons subjective opinions in a description box to see if you want to play in a level where you will be enjoying it and not that other person. If the descriptions would work like they are supposed to and give just general ideas of what a map is about, then it's fine, but that's most likely not whats going to happen in most cases, it's just going to be begging for the majority of the worlds, which is exactly what they do in other worlds now. I like the idea, but it would just feel like useless information unless it would provide an actual description and not something that's opinionated which is what seems like will happen based on how people advertise now.

#11 2015-02-18 12:56:09

Onjit
Website

ILoveBaconYUM wrote:

I'll have to disagree here //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue. Being as it's easy to freely enter and exit a level with ease, a description would just be wasting time. If you don't like the level then leave. Reading descriptions would just... upset the flow? Idk :S Also, the description could be a lie so the owner gets more plays.

I would, however, like to see the level creator before entering and a way to search world owners rather than the worlds.

I would have to agree with this. All you really need to know before you enter is the level name, the creator, and the minimap. Anything else is useless.

:.|:;

#12 2015-02-18 12:59:43, last edited by Shadowkirby (2015-02-18 13:00:04)

Shadowkirby

rgl32 wrote:
Kirby wrote:

Which is probably the best idea on there in my opinion. If you can look at the minimap, you can see if you think it would be a waste of time or whatever reason to play it or not, you don't need another persons subjective opinions in a description box to see if you want to play in a level where you will be enjoying it and not that other person. If the descriptions would work like they are supposed to and give just general ideas of what a map is about, then it's fine, but that's most likely not whats going to happen in most cases, it's just going to be begging for the majority of the worlds, which is exactly what they do in other worlds now. I like the idea, but it would just feel like useless information unless it would provide an actual description and not something that's opinionated which is what seems like will happen based on how people advertise now.

I sense you're meaning ''...how people advertise now.'' as in this is an idea that would've worked a few years ago, when more people were playing and levels were all about creativity, not standard categories of maps like minigames or stairs. People with said creativity didn't beg for anything, because they somehow knew that people would admire their block-building potential to continue making fantastic worlds.

(- ᴥ -)

#13 2015-02-18 13:16:12

rgl32

Kirby wrote:

I sense you're meaning ''...how people advertise now.'' as in this is an idea that would've worked a few years ago, when more people were playing and levels were all about creativity, not standard categories of maps like minigames or stairs. People with said creativity didn't beg for anything, because they somehow knew that people would admire their block-building potential to continue making fantastic worlds.

I see people advertising in rooms when there are a lot of people in them still,occasionally, not a lot, and mainly promoting bosses (hard to see if there are other conversations going on), but it's still there on worlds that are in the 20 and 30's which is happening more now. However I agree with the creativity, but with things like that, a minimap would be enough to see if the person actually spent time on it, the other worlds are the ones that would be begging, and with that, the minimap would really be the only thing you need to see if the world is good enough to go into.

#14 2015-02-18 17:27:22

skullz17

I disagree that descriptions are a bad idea. A description is a tool that the owner can use to inform the player in detail what their world will be like. Yes, they can lie. They can make things up to draw you in. But, this is only a very small problem.

I think of a description like an extended title. It is a bit of text attached to their world that is controlled by the owner. If descriptions are added, the negative effects will not be much different to what titles can do. The positive effects however, increase if descriptions are added. Map makers can now give a much more detailed description of what their map is like, than what a title offers.

So overall, I think descriptions have much more of a positive effect than negative.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

skullz171424276842474281

Board footer