Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

MFL

EX Crew

Hello Citizens,

I am MFL of EX Crew, and I've decided to make this general information / discussion thread regarding the, formerly inactive, completely active, Everybody Edits collaboration group, the EX Crew. I'll keep it as concise as I can:

Background:
We are a group of mapmakers and players who found each other through various channels and decided to work together on unique maps under the banner of EX.

The three founders are mustang, MIHB (Michaelinhatbox) and myself, MFL (**** Levels).

Our members included:
Wahaha
smiley (slimey)
WPG
Chips
starblinky
Circa
just_bean
Xelenai
doh
Misacorp
Super_Luigi
TheOrange
ro9ge

With contributions from and thanks to:
Aslai
Twipply
Gcommer
Wolflink289
Cyclone
Chris Benjaminsen
We have collaborated with over 30 people over the course of our time on E.E., and had over 15 active mapmakers and testers in our prime.

Maps:

While all legitimate maps have both the EX Crew Logo as well as a link to our dedicated tinychat: tinychat.com/ex1 , the distinguishing feature of our maps was the integration between intricate artistry and innovative level design.

We release maps under the brands EX Crew and EX PRO: the former promising a balanced adventure platformer, the latter promising inventive challenge levels. Our new brand, EX Lite, denotes maps that are easier, shorter or just silly.

Interaction:

Since we primarily use a private IRC channel, we are not likely to be in tinychat.com/ex1 if a map is not up.

We rarely seek out new members, and the process of selection is itself subject to the whims of the heads. Assuredly, creative collaboration demands both exceptional talent and exacting judgment from its participants, and as such, this is what we look for in possible collaborators.

Here are some examples of our work:
ex4.png

Maps to Date:

OH crap BEARS
Illusion
Tower of Babel
CUBE
Ice Level
Rainbow Roadrage
Fall of Zeal
Minigames
Are You A God?
Bootysnatch
???? ????
??????????
????? ???????

Last edited by MFL (Feb 3 2011 11:04:55 am)

#2 Before February 2015

Jimmie

Re: EX Crew

Your levels are really exciting. Keep rocking on //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

#3 Before February 2015

Sai

EX crew owns. I also liked the **** levels even if they were even harder than the ex crew ones.:)

Could you tell how the level design progress goes? Do you first come up with puzzles and than the theme? Does everyone work on seperate rooms? How do you decide the order of the rooms?

Also, since Ex-crew is by far the most innovative group of mapmakers: what new features would you guys really like to see? What would really open up the most new possible levels and puzzles?

Last edited by Sai (Aug 10 2010 7:15:31 am)

#4 Before February 2015

Fendox

I love the Ex Crew levels. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile They are really fun to play and they look great. So, don't stop making levels!

#5 Before February 2015

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

How the hel- heck are your maps so original. I must know how! There is never any mediocrity in you guises maps. unwilling.gif

proc's discorb UnGdm07.gif stylish themes for forums/the game UnGdm07.gif
꧁꧂L O V E & C O R N꧁꧂   ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
danke bluecloud thank u raphe   Gq8tv9Z.gif [this section of my sig is dedicated to everything i've loved that's ever died]
? Hc0cu9u.gif         6yG4Efc.gif

#6 Before February 2015

Cyclone or Meredith

Hi MFL,

Good to have EX Crew on the forums! I am a fan of your levels as well.

#7 Before February 2015

Cyclone or Meredith

That cube one looks like fun. Wish it were still open, never got to try it :/

#8 Before February 2015

Jimmie

We just need a vote to keep this room feature.
Sometimes really good ones should never be lost.

#9 Before February 2015

Cyclone or Meredith

Definitely.

#10 Before February 2015

mustang

Hi everyone, I'm one of the founding members of EX Crew as MFL mentioned in the OP. I am happy to see all of the positive responses and praise for our work! It takes a long time to develop these maps so that they are not just original, but also fun and polished, so we appreciate all of the compliments.

We have another map coming out in a couple of hours called Rainbow Roadrage. This will be our hardest map yet, but I encourage everyone to at least try it and see how many rooms you can beat (you get one coin for every room).

As a small sneak preview, I will post a picture of one of the rooms in Rainbow Roadrage:

aaohoaacd.jpg

When we release the map we'll create a thread in the room forum. Have fun!

Also, we do release previous maps on occasion, so if you missed any of our other work you will most likely get another chance to try it out.

#11 Before February 2015

Cyclone or Meredith

I've seen the whole new map, and it is awesome looking. You guys know how to make good levels.

#12 Before February 2015

MFL

Good news for some, bad news for others, Rainbow Roadrage is up!

36686200.png

The main room thread can be found here.

Last edited by MFL (Aug 11 2010 2:18:31 am)

#13 Before February 2015

Deathstalker

You should have a slogan: "We abuse physics."

That's one hell of a map. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

#14 Before February 2015

juvey

mustang: yeah your right i only made it to lvl 4   that was one of the hardest map i ever   played in but i love challenges and keep up the good work //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

#15 Before February 2015

Rurigok

So, do you guys play other people's levels any or do you all simply focus on creating levels?

#16 Before February 2015

MFL

Rurigok wrote:

So, do you guys play other people's levels any or do you all simply focus on creating levels?

Speaking for myself, I don't spend much time in the lobby or join games that have not been referred to me.

I actually had a chance to play your level myself, and I did enjoy the shade of proper level/theme integration. Keep making levels and posting them here, and I'll play them when I see them.

#17 Before February 2015

Rurigok

Ah. Glad you enjoyed my level, I certainly enjoy EX Crew's levels.

#18 Before February 2015

Shesiressu

Hmm, if you search members, please say it.
I'm an experienced Mapbuilder too.
I always can help //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

#19 Before February 2015

mustang

Deathstalker wrote:

You should have a slogan: "We abuse physics."

That's one hell of a map. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

Thanks for the compliment. Creating and fine-tuning these challenges takes a lot of time, especially with the latest physics which has made everything feel slippery especially dots.

juvey wrote:

mustang: yeah your right i only made it to lvl 4   that was one of the hardest map i ever   played in but i love challenges and keep up the good work //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

I saw you several times in our public chat. Making it to room 4 is further than some players get, so it's great you beat the first 3 rooms and didn't give up easily!

Rurigok wrote:

I play other levels somewhat infrequently. Usually at least once when I am online I will browse the entire map list and try numerous maps that catch my interest, but I rarely finish them since too many maps these days are boring, tedious, and/or poorly designed (think of the numerous stairs and minigames maps).

Much of our time is spent designing and perfecting various challenges/rooms, to make sure that they are not influenced by lag or exploited with alternative solutions. We also take a lot of time to scale the difficulty in our maps from easier to harder, and all the time we spend doing that takes away from time we could spend playing other maps.

Shesiressu wrote:

Hmm, if you search members, please say it.
I'm an experienced Mapbuilder too.
I always can help //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

The only way to get invited into the EX Crew is for us to notice you through your talent as a map creator. So continue making maps and post your creations in the Rooms forum so we don't miss them. This applies for everyone who has an interest in earning an invitation to join our group.

Also to clarify, do not ask to join our group (I'm not saying you did this Shesiressu I'm just talking to anyone else reading this), we will come looking for you if your maps catch our attention.

Last edited by mustang (Aug 12 2010 4:16:36 am)

#20 Before February 2015

MageBomb

I like your levels, the design is amazing and there are original minigames (not like all the thousand of minigames, im tired of them)

Im just thinking you guys need to make some of them more easier. Not of all us are pros, there are many people that are decent (like me).
I almost finished the ice level but one challenge was too hard and annoying. This caused me to rage quit. One of the EX Crew told me in the chat that you make levels for decent players and pros, not easy ones. I agree with him, I just think some challenges are not decent at all and are very hard.

#21 Before February 2015

mustang

MageBomb wrote:

I like your levels, the design is amazing and there are original minigames (not like all the thousand of minigames, im tired of them)

Im just thinking you guys need to make some of them more easier. Not of all us are pros, there are many people that are decent (like me).
I almost finished the ice level but one challenge was too hard and annoying. This caused me to rage quit. One of the EX Crew told me in the chat that you make levels for decent players and pros, not easy ones. I agree with him, I just think some challenges are not decent at all and are very hard.

Don't consider Rainbow Roadrage as the typical difficulty for our maps. It was released under EX Pro to purposely identify it as an extremely difficult map geared for the more skilled player.

Our typical maps are generally very approachable for players of all skill levels. I understand the last challenge of the Ice Level, which was the ice slide in the lower left corner, was extremely hard, but it was intended to be that way. Not completely beating our maps entirely is perfectly fine, and the fact you got to the end of the Ice Level map is still impressive.

Our next release, Fall of Zeal, will be similar to Ice Level in difficulty. Expect many easy to moderate challenges in the beginning, some harder challenges towards the end, and a very hard challenge at the very end of the map. Just complete as much as you can, and if you can't complete the map entirely there will always be a chance to try again later when we repost it.

Thanks for the feedback MageBomb, it's much appreciated.

#22 Before February 2015

glidergirl12

Hey guys,   EX Crew does make great levels, but they are really hard!   you say the levels are for pros, and you aren't kidding! make at least one or two intermediate levels PLEASE!!!:P

#23 Before February 2015

Circa

glidergirl12 wrote:

Hey guys,   EX Crew does make great levels, but they are really hard!   you say the levels are for pros, and you aren't kidding! make at least one or two intermediate levels PLEASE!!!:P

Like mustang said, Rainbow Roadrage is not a good paradigm for the maps we make.   That was supposed to be the hardest map we've made, and with only 3 winners outside of the few of us EX members who beat it, I'd say we were successful.   From now on, the harder levels will be labeled "EX Pro," while our regular levels will remain labeled as "EX Crew."

#24 Before February 2015

glidergirl12

Well its good your going to name it pro if its hard, but even the regular ones are kinda hard.   please just make an intermediate level at some point, and then if you realize that u don't like easier levels then I wont say anything else about it!:D

#25 Before February 2015

Google

Did you guys make your chatroom (tinychat/EX1) a log in only zone? rather annoying being so i don't want a Tinychat acc and it won't do much of a job of keeping trolls out being so fake acc's can be created fairly easy. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

MFL1423489174472258

Board footer