Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

ChromeWing

The discovery of randomness in everybody edits

Luckmachinechromewing.jpg

Introducing the discovery of randomness in Everybody edits!

It started when I won a platforming level in a world.   I saw these right arrows that i sat on, and jumped to find myself drifting through the zero gravity dots that were in the winners room.   someone else was trying to steal the crown, and when I gave up on that we found ourselves jumping off these arrows into the zero gravity.  

but then I noticed something...   he was going farther than me in the antigravity.   i thought maybe he was pressing left on the arrowkeys a little, but then I tried it myself... to find that after a few tries I was slightly farther than him without pressing any keys.  

I made a locked room, started getting out some bricks and tried it.   after several tests I made a "machine" that has random results.   However, I have changed it several times because at that time I only used two keys.   After testing three keys, I made this.   It's not perfectly random, but that's what makes it interesting.   Maybe somebody can make a minigame or something that forces you to choose between 3 door platforms, and put risk and strategy into this game.

Wooted by:

#2 Before February 2015

MFL

Re: The discovery of randomness in everybody edits

It is actually caused by desync between your block collision and grav collision. This is something that I or mustang will elaborate upon at length at a later date in the "Bugs" section.

The jist of it is that your smiley is not exactly in the same spot that you see on your screen at all times, and gravity responds inconsistently as a result.

#3 Before February 2015

Rurigok

The jist of it is that your smiley is not exactly in the same spot that you see on your screen at all times, and gravity responds inconsistently as a result.

^ That

I was using a double connection and I noticed that where I was on one screen was slightly different on another.

#4 Before February 2015

Zap

:/

#5 Before February 2015

Cyclone or Meredith

Very interesting. I'm sure this will be fixed soon!

#6 Before February 2015

dpalm

bump

#7 Before February 2015

MIHB

Fail bump; the new physics have destroyed this kind of randomized mechanism.

#8 Before February 2015

dpalm

exactly

#9 Before February 2015

Nou

Then why bump?

No u.

Wooted by:

#10 Before February 2015

dpalm