Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

MFL

Encryption V1

Encryption V1 is up, don't forget to put lamb's blood on your doors.

1: Saving still works (depending on your saver).
2: There are no more "..time" packets, and "..b" packets (clicked blocks) now come with around 11, what seems like, randomly named packets (e.g. "...V" "...AM").
3: Setting socket ID still works as the packets are recorded as sent; however,
4: Importing does nothing

As far as EX Crew goes, this obviously will delay the production of Fall of Zeal.

#2 Before February 2015

pimanrules

Re: Encryption V1

Damn. And I just downloaded my first autobuilder. No wonder it wasn't working.

At least saving still works.

Last edited by pimanrules (Aug 16 2010 12:13:53 pm)

#3 Before February 2015

Zephon

pardon my ignorance...but what are you talking about? is it from another thread?

#4 Before February 2015

MFL

Zephon wrote:

pardon my ignorance...but what are you talking about? is it from another thread?

Summarily, the program with which people with auto-building programs "import" blocks via data packets into a map, WPE Pro, is no longer able to send anything due to an update that changes the nature of said packets.

#5 Before February 2015

Zephon

oh yes I understand now..I think that's why I cant inject EETool.dll in Gcommer's EE Tool .. or maybe It's another thing

#6 Before February 2015

pimanrules

Zephon wrote:

oh yes I understand now..I think that's why I cant inject EETool.dll in Gcommer's EE Tool .. or maybe It's another thing

You should still be able to inject it, it just won't be able to do much.

#7 Before February 2015

Chips

s320x240

Last edited by Chips (Aug 16 2010 12:24:06 pm)

#8 Before February 2015

Zephon

Ok then it's because it's not yet for my system..I guess I'll just have to wait..in the mean time I've decided to learn more about wpe pro and how to use it in EE...is there an existent thread for what im looking for?.

#9 Before February 2015

Gcommer

I don't think what he added really qualifies as encryption.   Encryption would mean sending the packet over SSL, or otherwise completely changing its bytes before it is sent.   The new update just adds a security "token" to the string which is different for each map.   All this really means is:
* For people still using WPE, you'll have to rerecord your packets for each map you use them on and/or modify the .spt file they're saved it
* For people using EE animator: Its up to aslai if he makes a new release for this
* For people using my EE Tool: I haven't decided if I will re-release. If Chris implements actual encryption, I won't re-release even if I can break it, however for something as trivial as this, I'm unsure.

Last edited by Gcommer (Aug 16 2010 1:24:27 pm)

#10 Before February 2015

Cyclone or Meredith

As Gcommer says, it's not really encryption.

Chris says it's mainly to get rid of png imports.

#11 Before February 2015

DBF

*sigh*

Why can't we be allowed to use the uploader and tools? It adds a lot to EE and helps to be able to actually make good levels. I say take it down, there has to be a way to block png imports without blocking everything else out.

#12 Before February 2015

Gcommer

DBF wrote:

*sigh*

Why can't we be allowed to use the uploader and tools? It adds a lot to EE and helps to be able to actually make good levels. I say take it down, there has to be a way to block png imports without blocking everything else out.

You would be surprised how hard it is to do this, without affecting normal game play.   If you have a better method then this (and possible further encryption), then feel free to tell us.   Keep in mind that the server does not necessarily know where every player is, and a normal player can place over 100 bricks per second.

#13 Before February 2015

Cyclone or Meredith

Just go back to playing the way we all used to, without any fancy editors.

#14 Before February 2015

Google

Cyclone wrote:

You see i would but after 3 or so hours (probably allot more for most map makers) i'd be rather scared of my room just vanishing, so i'd rather not waste my time until some sort of save map function is added. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/neutral

#15 Before February 2015

Shy Guy

Google wrote:
Cyclone wrote:

You see i would but after 3 or so hours (probably allot more for most map makers) i'd be rather scared of my room just vanishing, so i'd rather not waste my time until some sort of save map function is added. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/neutral

Same here. I kinda stopped making levels until a save function is added. To me, there is really no point in making a level when it's just going to disappear anyways.

#16 Before February 2015

Ciro

Cyclone wrote:

So, we really need a official way to load levels and upload them.

#17 Before February 2015

DBF

Yay, back to trying to work on a level for up to hours only to have all your work lost because of a glitch.
Well now that there isn't a save feature at all I'm done making levels for now.

Last edited by DBF (Aug 16 2010 5:04:20 pm)

#18 Before February 2015

Rurigok

All that we really need is the save feature I suggested in order to stop losing levels because it randomly kicks everyone out. I have lost, to count, 4 almost complete levels, with several editors in them, because of this.

#19 Before February 2015

Bash

I have lost over 10, but I continue to do it without the editors.

What did you all do before the editors were around?   I haven't bothered using them, except for testing out quick ideas.

#20 Before February 2015

mustang

Problems with the changed packets have been overcome and we are again able to upload our saved maps, so expect Fall of Zeal to be released tomorrow.

#21 Before February 2015

Johannes13

phh... WPE has a function called filter. and it's easy to write a script or programm, that converts old spt files to new with a specific token.

PNG imports works, etc..

#22 Before February 2015

xJeex

hey mfl is it true you destroy levels if not im sorry because someone called 3hitsko told me you trolled i dont think you do i think you make great levels well see you round

lurking

#23 Before February 2015

Alex

Stop gravedigging xjeex.

This thread is useless, now.
/lock

MFL1423489471471961

Board footer