Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

Mel Mel

Mel's Guide to Smiley Art

I have seen Smiley Art that wasn't that good. If you don't like the way your Smiley Art looks, just follow my guide! My guide includes pictures so you can see what I mean. If you don't have beta, you can replace them with other blocks. I also included the map to see what it will look like.
50139492.png
First you need to make an outline. Preferably 16x16 blocks. The outline will resemble the "glow" of the smiley. On every turn put a block on the inside, like the picture.

53876917.png
Now let's add some lighter colors to this. If you don't have Beta, just put the white metallic block in where the Beta blocks are. This will make the glow a little lighter.

49451924.png
It's time to add the dark outline and color to the smiley. Use crowns for yellow smilies and keys for red smilies. Then fill in the rest of the smiley with the yellow metallic block. This will be the basic color of your smiley.

70766809.png
Time to create a mouth and eyes for your smiley. Use the black basic block for now. As you can see I messed up and put the two black blocks on the sides down too far. This will create your smiley's expression.

75290607.png
Change the mouth to the striped black and yellow block, and fill in the mouth with the white metallic block (if the mouth is open). Next, put crowns on the bottom of your smiley's eyes. Then put the black and yellow striped block above the four black blocks.

14913726.png
Time for shading! Use the '_' block for the shading. Put them all along the bottom and in the corners of the top. If you have Beta, add the Beta blocks as shown above. If you don't have Beta, just leave them the same.

36326865.png
Now it's time to add the final touches to the smiley. For the //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile smiley, add the red metallic and red Beta block pattern above. For anything else, add what you think looks best.

CONGRATS! Your smiley is done!

Thank you for taking the time to read this and I hope it helps!

EDIT: If you have any requests on how a smiley would look, just ask!

~Mel Mel

Last edited by MelMel (Feb 9 2011 2:29:12 pm)

#2 Before February 2015

ellisley

Re: Mel's Guide to Smiley Art

nice smily guide, i will no how to get the shape of the circle right now.
when i was reading your guide i saw u on my world lol

#3 Before February 2015

Chewy
Banned

Do we really need another smiley making guide?

#4 Before February 2015

NikK

^ This.

#5 Before February 2015

Mel Mel

?
There's already one?

#6 Before February 2015

Chewy
Banned

Well there is a search button...

#7 Before February 2015

Mel Mel

I didn't know! I'm new, jeez!

#8 Before February 2015

Chewy
Banned

How could you not know?
search.jpg
It's the first thing you see on every forum page.

#9 Before February 2015

BEE

Be nice nubs.

Yes there are several smiley making guides already, but do not fear, we all were once new to the forums. Maybe you should take a peek around and familiarize yourself with these until you get a sense for how things work around here //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Custom Tab: Forum Post|Trello

Thanks Xen for my Avatar and Smitty for the smiley 47BA5lq.png

#10 Before February 2015

scienceguyz

Chewy wrote:

Of all the smiley making guides I've seen, this is the best

#11 Before February 2015

Koto

As a matter of fact, while we're on the subject, why dont we just have a forum for guides that people make?

#12 Before February 2015

Chewy
Banned

scienceguyz wrote:
Chewy wrote:

Of all the smiley making guides I've seen, this is the best

y u grave dig? Seriously, don't grave dig a topic that is almost a year old.

Closed before this gets too spammy.

Mel Mel 1423494423467009

Board footer