Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

Glenn21

About that new friend system...

Shouldn't you be able to type in the username to add a friend instead of their email adress?
This way lots of people, especially kids, will share their personal email address with strangers all over the world and I don't want everybody to know my personal email address just for adding friends.
This can also make hacking a bit easier because hackers will know what email address they have to hack.
By changing it, you will also be able to add people as a friend who are using facebook or kongregate to play EE, because you can't add those right now.

Thanks in advance //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Last edited by Glenn21 (Apr 26 2012 2:49:50 pm)

#2 Before February 2015

bgic

Re: About that new friend system...

you dont need your email with u registered ur ee acc

#3 Before February 2015

KanibalFrost

Don't mind bgic, i don't know what he's saying and neither does he.

I agree with you Glenn, nobody wants to share their e-mail adress with others but i think benjaminsen made it so people can't add random strangers but need to get their e-mail instead which would confirm you know that person.

#4 Before February 2015

Glenn21

But the other person has to accept the friend request right?
That way you can easily reject friend requests of random people.

Last edited by Glenn21 (Apr 26 2012 1:38:53 pm)

#5 Before February 2015

Helvi

Glenn21 wrote:

[...] kids, will share their personal email address with strangers all over the world and I don't want everybody to know my personal email address just for adding friends.

You were using "strangers" and "friends" in the same context? Did I get it correctly? I would add friends, yes. People I trust on EE. Strangers however are simple "ignored" when they ask for my addy. Easy and plain. Add those you want to add, not those who ask for the addy.

Problem solved.

Hi.

#6 Before February 2015

Glenn21

Some kids just give their email to everyone they see so that they can be added as a friend, so also to strangers and with strangers I also mean that you don't know them in real life.
My problem is that I also want to add people on EE as a friend with whom I don't trust my personal email address, and that problem isn't solved...

#7 Before February 2015

Deetz

The problem is my email adress has my last name in it. So I will probably never have any friends; I don't want people knowing my last name.

#8 Before February 2015

Glenn21

Yeah, I also have that problem :/ @ deetz

#9 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

Yeah, well, you know that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.

Glenn211423507041454391

Board footer