Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

Mr. PutNameHere of Xville

Why Microsoft has failed with the Xbox One

(I don't even care if there was already a topic for this)

So ever since E3, the internet has been up in rage about the Xbox One. "It sucks! We hate DRM! BLAAAH!"

They complain because they have to be connected to the internet for 5 seconds once a day if they use the Xbox. Once. A day. They complain about this while they keep checking their posts for any new comments every 5 minutes, so why the hell do they care? It happens automatically. It's to keep people from pirating. They also slightly complain because the microphone on the Kinect (why it costs $100 more than a PS4, PS4 does not come with a Kinect-esque thing). Because Microsoft reeeeeealy cares about your precious life, and they're definitely gonna put recording software into it. Jeez, they're not the NSA (Haha. Haha. Laugh now.)

So everyone's complaining, I don't even think anyone REALIZED WHY Microsoft wanted to do this. You get two totally awesome features that I would pay $1000 for because it would SAVE me even MORE than that much:

1: You can share your entire games library with up to 10 friends. So they can play any of your games. Free of charge. You could get a damn pool going, and you'd essentially pay 6 bucks for a brand new game. This would save me tons of money, as I said, over $1000 theoretically by the time the next-gen console comes out.

2: You don't have to ever use a disc except when you're installing the game for the very first time. No more getting up whenever you want to play a different game.

So the following scenario can take place:

I'm playing Halo, and my friend comes online. He plays CoD. So I say "XBox, play Call of Duty Ghosts" and suddenly, we're playing the same game, because: 1: He shares his library with me, and 2: I don't even have to change the discs.

Again I say, I would pay so much for these features, but...wait...it...doesn't cost anything? All you have to do is connect to the internet once a day? (Or once an hour, if you're playing a friend's game) AWESOME. I'm always connected to the internet anyway, there's no reason I wouldn't be.

So here I am. I don't care about those damn fools who are obviously pirates if they can't connect to the internet once a day, cause check out these awesome new damn features.

Then.

What. The. ****.

They reverse it all.

It's gonna be exactly like the 360 is now.

So that we can go a day without internet. Which we all have.

And I was on imgur earlier and saw this post:

http://imgur.com/gallery/kPSNy

See anything interesting?

Anything at all?

Notice how EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THE COMMENTS IS WITHIN A DAY OF THE ORIGINAL POST???? HUH????

Yeah.

Thanks for complaining, you screwed everyone else over, because you saw something and picked on it without realizing how ridiculous you were being.

#2 Before February 2015

Aoitenshi

Re: Why Microsoft has failed with the Xbox One

I... Don't understand.

#3 Before February 2015

RhazzleFrazzle

just the fact that microsoft even had the crazy drm in the first place is enough to make me not want the console. and to top it all off, it took them until yesterday to realize that using features that are just there to fill their pockets is something to turn off consumers. and they still advertised the xbox one as a cable box. removing the drm is just something that the xbox fanboys can use to argue against everyone else.

#4 Before February 2015

Buzzerbee
Forum Admin

Honestly what the heck. Who has enough money to buy these damn consoles anyways? I can't even buy a watch for myself. Xbox one does suck though, privacy = gone

TdQRyz3.png
https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/5/5d/135_bee

#5 Before February 2015

IwannaFinishoffMytopics

Brawler700 wrote:

just the fact that microsoft even had the crazy drm in the first place is enough to make me not want the console. and to top it all off, it took them until yesterday to realize that using features that are just there to fill their pockets is something to turn off consumers. and they still advertised the xbox one as a cable box. removing the drm is just something that the xbox fanboys can use to argue against everyone else.

I don't think you read my post at all, you only read the topic name.

1. Why is the DRM "crazy?" You have to be connected to the internet for 5 seconds once a day. There couldn't possibly be a simpler or easier DRM unless there was none at all.

2. You won't buy it just because of something they proposed? A response to negative feedback does not mean the console is bad.

3. How is DRM filling their pockets? It helps the PRODUCERS so that people can't STEAL (A crime) their games, nothing more. If you're talking about how used games were said to cost extra money to activate: I literally have no idea where that rumor came from, it has no basis, and Microsoft even said that it would have costed NOTHING to activate a used game.

4. The Xbox One IS partly a Cable Box. There's nothing wrong with advertising it as such, it's an All-in-"ONE" It still plays games, it just does OTHER stuff as well.

5. Xbox "fanboys" who wanted to buy the Xbox One WITH the DRM now don't want to buy it, because it offers virtually nothing new regarding gaming. You would know that if you read the damn OP.

#6 Before February 2015

skullz17

I thought you can't do game sharing. You can install it on your Xbox but if you lend your friend the same game they have to pay because they didn't buy the game themselves. But you said you can share games through a games library, which would solve that problem.

I think this All in one system is nice, but there are a lot of dedicated gamers out there and the Xbox is now a very casual type thing for everyone. Playstation has always been more gamer-friendly imo. Plus Xbox doesn't get many good exclusives.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

#7 Before February 2015

IWILLFinishOffMyTopic

skullz16 wrote:

I thought you can't do game sharing. You can install it on your Xbox but if you lend your friend the same game they have to pay because they didn't buy the game themselves. But you said you can share games through a games library, which would solve that problem.

I think this All in one system is nice, but there are a lot of dedicated gamers out there and the Xbox is now a very casual type thing for everyone. Playstation has always been more gamer-friendly imo. Plus Xbox doesn't get many good exclusives.

Here's how it was supposed to work:

You COULD sell your game disc to someone else, but then you would be unable to play it on your xbox (unless they shared it with you) This way, if you don't own the disc, you can't play. Which is....wait a minute, exactly like it is now. You need to connect every 24 hours so that they can check to make sure no one else owns the disc, and if they do, you wouldn't be allowed to play.

And said people everywhere: "WHAAAAAAAT!?!?!? WE CANT SHARE GAMES WITH OUR FRIENDS!?!??!?! XBOX YOU SUUUUUUUCK!!!!!" Apparently without even realizing that you can share games, but 100x better and easier.

Playstation does play themselves as more gamer-friendly, but when you think about it, and consider how you can share your entire library with 10 friends on the Xbox One (well, not anymore), which is really more friendly? The one that's doing the same thing, or the one that's pulling a totally awesome, and all you have to do is log in.

Oh, and the Xbox's exclusives are the only reason it still exists (see: Halo). They also have tons of other exclusives (wikipedia has a full list), like Minecraft, every Kinect game, Crackdown (which I still play, idk about everyone else), Gears of War series, Fable sequels, and the Left 4 Dead series. Playstation has....ratchet and god of war?

#8 Before February 2015

NR2001

Interesting how the tech media is all "No we hate this", then after reversal, "They lose anyway!".

#9 Before February 2015

JuuuuustKeepOnBanning

NR2001 wrote:

Interesting how the tech media is all "No we hate this", then after reversal, "They lose anyway!".

Again, not what I'm saying, but still true and annoying.

#10 Before February 2015

skullz17

When I say gamer-friendly I'm not talking about just someone who plays games, sharing games with friends isn't relevant to the dedicated gamer that I'm talking about. I guess what I'm talking about is more about the games themselves, but still Xbox is just all about entertainment, while Playstation is mostly gaming for the people who are dedicated gamers and just want the gaming experience, nothing more, without having to pay for the rest.

And also stop making new accounts, you're extremely annoying.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

#11 Before February 2015

YunderstandYet?

skullz wrote:

When I say gamer-friendly I'm not talking about just someone who plays games, sharing games with friends isn't relevant to the dedicated gamer that I'm talking about. I guess what I'm talking about is more about the games themselves, but still Xbox is just all about entertainment, while Playstation is mostly gaming for the people who are dedicated gamers and just want the gaming experience, nothing more, without having to pay for the rest.

And also stop making new accounts, you're extremely annoying.

Sharing games with friends isn?t one way, y?know. If you?re a dedicated gamer like you?re talking about (like I am) it can get expensive. Sharing games saves a ridiculous amount of money. Also, you?re not paying for other multimedia crap when you buy the One, you?re paying for the Kinect (unmatched by whatever PS made, which isn?t included anyway). Now the Kinect adds a whole new experience for gaming, voice and gesture commands. If you watched E3 (especially Battlefield 4, I?m more of a Halo guy but I may get that now) it is damn awesome. And even if you reeeeealy don?t want that, you?ll be saving money within 2 games with sharing, as I already said. If you?re referring to exclusives, (the only thing left to argue, and it can?t really be ?won? either way, we all have different opinions) I?ve already covered that. So really?.how much more friendly can it get? You have awesome features (that you don?t HAVE to use) and you?re saving money. Please explain your side, not just say generalizations.

And I can make as many accounts as I want.

Last edited by YunderstandYet? (Jun 23 2013 2:12:16 pm)

#12 Before February 2015

skullz17

Oh okay I get what you mean. You say how the Kinect gives a new experience, but I don't think you're understanding what I mean by dedicated gamer. If you're a dedicated gamer you probably wouldn't care about the Kinect, because like I said, Kinect is a casual gaming experience. Playstation is cheaper, and is more convenient for some people who just like gaming. Xbox has many features which you don't have to use but you have to pay for.

And no you can't make as many accounts as you want as it is against the rules. If you violate the rules then it would probably be agreed by most people that you're not welcome at these forums.

I want this topic locked, just because of you and your annoying alt accounts.

Last edited by skullz16 (Jun 24 2013 11:14:47 am)

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

Mr. PutNameHere of Xville 1423509573451859

Board footer