Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#51 Before February 2015

32OrtonEdge32dh
Website

Re: » WINTERGREEN -- The ONLY Everybody Edits Newspaper

Well, so far, there's only been one article, so I'd assume that's the reason EVERYONE is coming here.

32ortonedge32dh.gif

#52 Before February 2015

ILoveBacon

Hhmmm... Should I troll the poll again... Its tempting.

#53 Before February 2015

32OrtonEdge32dh
Website

You were the one that did that?   It was lol, after all.

32ortonedge32dh.gif

#54 Before February 2015

ILoveBacon

I did once, the other times were not me.

#55 Before February 2015

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

It's okay, I already made the graphs and noted the cut-off time in Scrivener.
Scrivener is a beautiful program. Here's a beautiful screenshot of the beautiful organization, with important surprises blurred out because I simply can.

bloop

Scrivener is awesome. It organizes and is only $40.

proc's discorb UnGdm07.gif stylish themes for forums/the game UnGdm07.gif
꧁꧂L O V E & C O R N꧁꧂   ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
danke bluecloud thank u raphe   Gq8tv9Z.gif [this section of my sig is dedicated to everything i've loved that's ever died]
? Hc0cu9u.gif         6yG4Efc.gif

#56 Before February 2015

P788

So many supprises... We'll have a good time reading in that day.

Unfortunately for me, I'll be on vacation for 13 days starting tomorrow and I can only access the web for 5 minutes. And I'm not even sure that I can access... I will not have any kind of comunication with the outer world.

Off-topic: I'm seeing there Steam?

Last edited by P788 (Aug 14 2012 8:42:19 pm)

#57 Before February 2015

Everglade

Zoey2070 wrote:

Dear Zoey,

Hi, I have a serious problem and I'd like your opinion. A few days ago, I cut myself in an awkward place while slicing some cucumbers for my dogs after having used them for... things that have rendered them unfit for human consumption, in my opinion. It's a pretty severe cut and I'm still bleeding, and I have been for the past few days. What should I do??

Sincerely,
Vegetable Lover

Uhhhhh, Ummmmm, Uhhhhh...        Does everyone else get what this is on about?     A tad bit inappropriate for a game's newsletter which mainly has players which are in there early teen years or under, no? :rolleyes:

#58 Before February 2015

Koto

Everglade wrote:
Zoey2070 wrote:

Dear Zoey,

Hi, I have a serious problem and I'd like your opinion. A few days ago, I cut myself in an awkward place while slicing some cucumbers for my dogs after having used them for... things that have rendered them unfit for human consumption, in my opinion. It's a pretty severe cut and I'm still bleeding, and I have been for the past few days. What should I do??

Sincerely,
Vegetable Lover

Uhhhhh, Ummmmm, Uhhhhh...        Does everyone else get what this is on about?     A tad bit inappropriate for a game's newsletter which mainly has players which are in there early teen years or under, no? :rolleyes:

no, I think it's funny.

#59 Before February 2015

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

@P788: Yep, Steam.

Everglade wrote:
Zoey2070 wrote:

Dear Zoey,

Sincerely,
Vegetable Lover

I have no idea what you're talking about.
I'm pretty sure that you wouldn't want to eat cucumbers that has been placed on your eye (cough), and that if you're being an idiot and suck at cutting things, you could very well manage to cut yourself in an awkward place, depending on your definiton of awkward.
Although, that really doesn't explain why the person used a whole cucumber and then had to slice it, so I guess we could always go with the most morbid thing I can think of, and say that if you bludgeon someone to death with a cucumber, you wouldn't want to eat it. And you still suck at cutting things.
Oh wait, that's still pretty inappropriate, isn't it?

Last edited by Zoey2070 (Aug 15 2012 8:36:12 am)

danke bluecloud thank u raphe   Gq8tv9Z.gif [this section of my sig is dedicated to everything i've loved that's ever died]

#60 Before February 2015

theHFnetwork

Don't worry, Zoey. Your newspaper's still good. Keep it up!

#61 Before February 2015, last edited by Zoey2070 (2016-10-26 02:25:37)

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

<beep>

Well, I don't know why I wrote all of that, because all I meant to say was that I guess the lucky bastard who wins the crossword will get 50 gems and chat, and also steal $2.99 from me.

Edit: oh, and also, the newspaper should be out on Sunday, but it'll probably still suck because I just don't know how to interview people.

Last edited by Zoey2070 (Aug 17 2012 10:26:50 am)

#62 Before February 2015

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Zoey2070 wrote:

Well, I don't know why I wrote all of that, because all I meant to say was that I guess the lucky bastard who wins the crossword will get 50 gems and chat, and also steal $2.99 from me.

Aw, I did it but I didn't get chat. <insert sad face here>

#63 Before February 2015

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

Number(1)KirbyFan10 wrote:
Zoey2070 wrote:

Aw, I did it but I didn't get chat. <insert sad face here>

That's because I haven't done the drawing yet. I guess I'll have to tomorrow, though.

#64 Before February 2015

DJDavid98
Website

Zoey2070 wrote:

I didn't think of that! I'm not sure if I'd actually do that, though, because I doubt everyone checks their emails regularly.

I beg to differ.

#65 Before February 2015

32OrtonEdge32dh
Website

Zoey2070 wrote:

Edit: oh, and also, the newspaper should be out on Sunday, but it'll probably still suck because I just don't know how to interview people.

I already told you!   Ask about the present, the past, the present again, and then the future.

32ortonedge32dh.gif

#66 Before February 2015

Notsobad

Zoey2070 wrote:

That's because I haven't done the drawing yet. I guess I'll have to tomorrow, though.

Can't wait to find out who wins!!!

#67 Before February 2015

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

Notsobad wrote:
Zoey2070 wrote:

Well, I got the winner a few minutes ago by throwing a bunch of GBA games into a fuzzy, green hat and picking one at random.
But alas! You'll have to wait until tomorrow to see who it is!
And there'll be a video to prove I didn't cheat or anything!

#68 Before February 2015

Notsobad

Zoey2070 wrote:
Notsobad wrote:
Zoey2070 wrote:

Well, I got the winner a few minutes ago by throwing a bunch of GBA games into a fuzzy, green hat and picking one at random.
But alas! You'll have to wait until tomorrow to see who it is!
And there'll be a video to prove I didn't cheat or anything!

Tomorrow! Just kidding thats fine with me. Still very excited!

#69 Before February 2015, last edited by Zoey2070 (2016-10-26 02:26:56)

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

bdF0S.png
Issue #2 (August 19, 2012)
Welcome to WINTERGREEN, the one and only newspaper for Everybody Edits! This is the second issue, now 20% cooler, with 69% more **** jokes and 100% more content!

Editrix. n. (rare) A female editor.

R7JAl.png

A man either lives life as it happens to him, meets it head-on and licks it, or he turns his back on it and starts to wither away.

~ Gene Roddenberry ( 1921 - 1991 )

eDzgH.png

ApyQ8.png
August 15:

V-J Day (Victory over Japan) was proclaimed, 1945
The Berlin Wall was created, 1961.

August 19:

Cesar Augustus?s death, 14 AD
Adolf Hitler became Fuhrer of Germany, 1934
Gene Roddenberry?s birthday, 1991
National Aviation day (National)
World Humanitarian day (worldwide)

TW8V5.png

It?s a Gloomy Sunday, and it?s raining, but just barely.
People aren?t too angry, but a lot of people are griping because of the update to chat.
Don?t know what we?re talking about? Go check out OrtonEdge?s article; it?s just a few pixels below!

6XHLF.png

By 32OrtonEdge32dh

Hello there, fellow EE players.   I've recently been forced commissioned by the Editrix herself to write about the updates that we got on August 9th and 16th.   So here goes nothing.

The update on 8/9/12 (or 9/8/12 if you prefer d/m/yy) was the Peasant smiley and Timbered package.   Here's a picture:
CrXUa.png
The smiley has a crumpled, pointed, medieval-feeling hat on, and a five-o'clock shadow.   It isn't all that great, though it's cool that no one uses it and it's the first smiley to have a beard.   Progress.   (No idea why it's smiling, though, since he's probably a serf.)
The bricks seem forced, with very little creativity.   I do like the texture of the two roof backgrounds, though.   The minimap colors don't look impressive, but when combined with the decent-sized palette we have now, it fills in a few gaps in the white range.   The timbered one-way has no color, unfortunately.

The update on 8/17/12 (or 17/8/12) was the Soldier smiley and Castle package.   Here's a picture:
E1S3j.png
The smiley is wearing an oversized medieval war helmet.   Yet another smiley that can't see.   He doesn't look too happy about being a soldier, although I bet they got tons of action.
The bricks are nice, although they can't form a pattern like real bricks should.   The chains are a nice new ladder, I haven't gotten a chance to check them out yet.   They aren't bad and add even more to the dark grey palette.
The shop was updated, too, now it had a sleek new look.
The only downside from the update is that going to a world from a link disables chat, all the buttons, the userlist, and the area to put in the code.   It's just the game window.
Another facet of the update is that chat is now 3 USD, but you get 50 gems with it, much to certain people?s dismay.

As of August 17th, we have 116 blocks, 28 action blocks, 104 decorations, 100 backgrounds, 8 world sizes, and 57 smileys.

8JlY2.png

dear zoey2070,
**** the world.
yours sincerly,
patience.

Dear Patience,
I fully agree. **** the world and it?s insane ideals of what we should and shouldn?t do. If I want to run around nude, it?s my choice to do so, right? So why should I get arrested for ?indecent exposure?? I think I?m quite decent, thank you very much!

- Z

og0Jl.png

By D-rock2308

These are all opinions of D-rock2308, if you have a problem, please private message him about it, and remember, they ARE opinions!
1.        Cold Spring Wyeville
Forum Topic
4e3032c1c7ce412285a11aa.png

The art is superb, the minigames are fun, even if they are a bit hard. What else is there to say?

2.        GD Cascade Castle
Forum Topic
Y3rpM.png

The art here is amazing. The minigames and concept has a different feel and is fun, although the backgrounds in this level made it so it was less appealing to the player.

3.        Dimphilia
Forum Topic
KYn4v.png

This level was interesting. It has good enough art, and the minigames are different, but fun. Good enough for third place.

4.        Project Respawn
Forum Topic
5yb574.jpg

This level lacks fantastic art but who cares when you can have a level as fun to play as this is and as that EE Vibe to it.

5.         The Hills of Old
Forum Topic
Bq59u.png

This level is relaxing to play and the art is nice as well. Some minigames might feel but repetitive but it's still fun.
6.         MG Galaxy 2
Forum Topic
nApMq.png

Wasn't sure where to rank this. Playing it was about as fun as making it, and the feedback seemed nice. 6th should fit fine.
7.         Coconut Craziness
Forum Topic
2wfqs8h.jpg

This level was random art that doesn't really fit, but it all looks nice. The concept is fairly similar to EX Odyssey, and the minigames on the way to the coin are great, but on the way back it just seems like a long and annoying level for so long. It's good, but lacking.

8.        A Shade of Blue
Forum Topic
318888_264665736983056_507536517_n.jpg

When you collab a lot of minigame makers, you should turn out a fun level right? Well this is. Worth a play.

9.         Down in the Ravine
Forum Topic
minimap.png

From what I saw, this level was underrated by everyone, but that's just another reason I like it. It's got exceptional art and fun minigames.

10.        Simsands Land
Forum Topic
XNcGe.png

Like Project Respawn, minigames are fun, and if you are looking for harder, they even got that! No art, but who cares.

ag49H.png

What EE Started As, and What It Is Now

By 32OrtonEdge32dh

Everybody Edits is best known for being on Kongregate and EverybodyEdits.com, but it was first published as Multiplayer Platformworld to Newgrounds on March 1st, 2010.   You can see it here, but it only loads.   It was very basic, with only some of the default smileys we have today and some of the basic blocks.

Everybody Edits (working title, probably, as it didn't seem ready for a 1.0 title) came next, on March 7th, only six days after Multiplayer Platformworld.   You can play it here, but you can't join any worlds or create them, making it unplayable.   It felt more like the EE we have today, but you can tell it's still miles away.   I started playing it here, on March 25th if I recall correctly (I also played Multiplayer Platformworld).   This is where EE started getting popular.
     We had Everybody Edits 1.0+ on May 10th, 2010 (play it here, but it's just the latest .swf, not the old one).   This is pretty much where EE got to where it is now: a successful game that gets regularly-to-semi-regularly updated.   This is also where registration and usernames were introduced.

In my opinion, Multiplayer Platformworld was a little game that not many people knew about, and it was hard to know who was who.   There were no usernames, of course, so some people would create a signature of sorts and put it around where they were to be recognized.   Some sneaky people would copy other, more recognizable signatures and then feel godly as smileys bounced around them.   Everybody Edits was better, in my opinion, since there were multiple worlds and more stuff to work with.   Everybody Edits 1.0+, which is what we have now, is of course the best in my opinion, but also the worst.   Why?   Because it's so popular that the undesirables get in.   I liked the community of the beginning of EE 1.0+, a not-too-big group of intelligent-ish, funny-ish players.   Now it's a huge group of people ranging from cool to you-suck-and-I-hope-your-computer-catches-fire status.   But of course, as I've repeatedly stated, these are just my opinions, and they might be wrong to you.   But that's okay.   Because opinions are meant to be opinions.   And if that's not true, my name isn't Andy Rooney.

GIq00.png

This is a section that only has actual content once a month. This is not one of those times.

Congratulations to everyone who solved the maze last week! Good job, you have good motor skills and are quite handy... with pressing keys, amongst other things.

Several people entered the secret answer to win chat for the crossword. With a full inbox and several searches for a suitable hat later, we have a winner!

We wanted to be fair as possible, so we grabbed a bunch of video games, made each person correspond to a game, and threw them in a hat. Sadly, we don?t own a top hat, so this was incredibly less fun.

And just to prove that we have no trickery, we have a video to prove it! <snip>

Without further ado, the winner of the first Crossword puzzle challenge is? 272!
PM Zoey2070 with your account email and password! (please change your password first ? you wouldn?t want her logging into your account without your permission on a daily basis, would you?)

t5iND.png

The results for the first poll are in, but first, some explaining. We got a whopping 6,000+ answers! Alas, the grand majority was a poor attempt to spam the poll. But it made us laugh, so good job. We also made some pretty graphs for you.

This is the original graph:

oU8rM.png

Having someone spam the polls does tend to offset it quite a bit. So, we got rid of them.

GM0fS.png

There, that?s better. But alas! A lot of the others had absolutely nothing to do with the newspaper, so we used our best judgement to get rid of them.

gCfhA.png

And there are the official results! Thanks, everyone! You guys are the best!

Here?s what some people said:
?I think it's a good idea but the execution was bad. I didn't get anything out of it at all, and it was hardly more entertaining than reading any other topic.?

?Amazingness. keep doin what you're doing?

?Its a bad idea, but I think you're doing a good job. I dont like the title either, sorry. But this is only starting out. I might eventually change my mind.?

Now, for this week?s poll: What is your favorite subforum?
Answer here!

Please, please, do not spam this poll. It would make Zoey incredibly sad. She does bad things when she?s sad. (No, seriously, don?t do it, because it doesn?t make you look cool. At all.)

We have also have a question for you, something we want to know. Here it is:

Why did you join the forums? What's changed since then?

Feel free to post your answers!

zKMoN.png
(This is why we need spoilers!)
ragecomic1.png

q1g2H.png

Thank you for your continued support for WINTERGREEN! See you on September second! Hopefully!

Also, we apologize that there is no interview, tutorial, or featured crew. If you want it, feel free to contribute!

Editrix: Zoey2070
Gene Roddenberry quote: goodreads.com
(not so) Honorable History:aboutfamouspeople.com
Update Article: 32OrtonEdge32dh
Update Images: Jidlian
Opinionated Level Features: D-rock2308
Opinion Article: 32OrtonEdge32dh
Graphs: Nces.ed.gov
Poll answers: General Public
Rage Comic: P788
Gloomy Sunday: Rezs? Seress, László Jávor, Paul Whiteman
Any questions? Got something you want to tell us? Want to contribute? Post it here or send Zoey a PM!

Last edited by Zoey2070 (Aug 19 2012 9:23:38 am)

Wooted by:

#70 Before February 2015

32OrtonEdge32dh
Website

I really like it this time around, mainly because of that young new upstart journalist "32OrtonEdge32dh".

32ortonedge32dh.gif

#71 Before February 2015

ILoveBacon

Dear zoey2070,
Why is the word **** sencored on the forums?
Yours sincerly,
PatienceIK.

#72 Before February 2015

imgood9

oh god not 272...

Whatever. A winner is a winner, so congrats..?
My brain hurts after reading the Newspaper's second article.

#73 Before February 2015

killingpepper123

I can't believe that my Down in the Ravine is actually in your post. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile Thanks D-Rock2308!

#74 Before February 2015

Drew12345

did anyone else pause the video to see if your name was actually on that list?

#75 Before February 2015

Notsobad

Haha I think the intro is my favorite part! Also, I'm glad you added a comic.

Zoey2070142391909642336

Board footer