Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

Codfoshie

The affect of Boosts in this new update

As not many people may have realised and/or noticed, Boosts panels have now changed.

Just as a little notice, please check over any boost minis that you have in your levels, as they may not function.

Things that has changed:

Arrows are just like sticky arrows now, For example
Key:  

| or _ = wall  ? or ?  = boost panel)
|?

That will stick the player to the wall, only allowing the up and down directional buttons to move your smiley. You can not jump though.

Due to this, you can no longer jump on such things like

?????? ___________

Also, due to have a zero downwards gravity on a boost panel, up boosts have a slight increase in speed, and down boosts have a slight decrease.
This means things like this are now possible

___________ ?????? __       __

I hope this has helped explain the newer boost update.

Last edited by Doctor_downes (Nov 7 2012 12:10:35 pm)

#2 Before February 2015

Koto

Re: The affect of Boosts in this new update

wow, this COMPLETLY changed the boost.   Idk how I feel about that yet.

#3 Before February 2015

ILoveBacon

I hate this so much its unberable. I have been making a boost mini world since they have been created. I am terrible at mini making/playing so I put alot into this level. I was going to release it tommorow but now it will probably never be released. It has ruined many of the mini's and I        am really dissapointed/annoyed/appauled. I am upset that he even thought this was a bug. For me, it was not a bug at all, but more as a mini makers best tool.

#4 Before February 2015

Codfoshie

I kinda felt the same, but I didn't wanna be down about it,
I know you probably have art around it, so it'd be so much harder to fix or create newer ones.
I didn't think it was a bug either, but for some reason Julian did //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#5 Before February 2015

Koto

I decided that I dont like it.   Everything that made the boost original was taken out.   Also, the gravity dot effect?!? That makes no sense, at least with them not affecting gravity, it allowed for originality, now they're ruined, imho.

#6 Before February 2015

P788

For me it was a bug, so I waited until it was fixed to start making boost-based minis.

#7 Before February 2015

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

KingOfTheOzone wrote:

I decided that I dont like it.   Everything that made the boost original was taken out.

It still...

-makes you go super fast.
-is usable for a cannon.
-is usable for minigames.
-is a one-way block that can be used many directions.
-cannot be jumped off.

We still have a bunch of original stuff about it.

#8 Before February 2015

Codfoshie

Number(1)KirbyFan10 wrote:
KingOfTheOzone wrote:

I decided that I dont like it.   Everything that made the boost original was taken out.

It still...

-makes you go super fast.
-is usable for a cannon.
-is usable for minigames.
-is a one-way block that can be used many directions.
-cannot be jumped off.

We still have a bunch of original stuff about it.

Going super fast? Portals can cannon even faster.
Cannon, Portals go further
Minigames, yes I guess, but it there are now even more limitations, which can be a good thing, i guess
Not really a one-way block, there are glitches to get round it, Soon will be displayed, when I have time.
Unjumpable, well we had arrows, dots, ladders, water and chains.

#9 Before February 2015

ILoveBacon

Doctor_downes wrote:

I know you probably have art around it, so it'd be so much harder to fix or create newer ones.

No art. For the first time ever I made a level that is completely based on the minis. Also, I spent at least 30 mins on the level a day. Plus, I had a beast portal cannon in that world the would be assisted by boosts. Now thats totally unusable and I must of spent well over 3 hours on that one single mini.

#10 Before February 2015

Codfoshie

Patience is Key wrote:
Doctor_downes wrote:

No art. For the first time ever I made a level that is completely based on the minis. Also, I spent at least 30 mins on the level a day. Plus, I had a beast portal cannon in that world the would be assisted by boosts. Now thats totally unusable and I must of spent well over 3 hours on that one single mini.

I know that 3 hours pain, some minis take forever to test and fine-tune, one mini way back, took about 8 hours just to test, let alone fine-tune.

This is kinda like Déjà vu with the portal changes a while back.
Also I understand your pain with boost minis, as well, I recently released a boost map aswell. Had to alter most of my minis, and probably ruined the concept of them, and had to retest them them all, and fixing them was a nightmare.

I just hope Jullian undo's this update, as it feels better the way it was, due to the unique properties they held.

#11 Before February 2015

Arceus64

I am really frustrated with this stupid :O update, why does MrShoe think more updates is a plus when he really just decides to :O them up later?

Last edited by Arceus64 (Nov 7 2012 5:26:48 pm)

#12 Before February 2015

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Oh no, Arceus64 is starting it too! I'm gonna be the only person on this forum who posts but doesn't say curse word.

On-Topic: I personally like what they did with this update.

#13 Before February 2015

Bobithan

Oh no this is horrible.
Time to spend an hour fixing some minis :<

EDIT: Huh I guess this doesn't really affect me at all. I use my boosts as a hazard more than a part of the mini so it doesn't matter to me. I was planning some things to do with the old system of boosts though so that's pretty disappointing for me.

Last edited by Bobithan (Nov 7 2012 8:28:15 pm)

aka towwl

#14 Before February 2015

Arceus64

Number(1)KirbyFan10 wrote:

Oh no, Arceus64 is starting it too! I'm gonna be the only person on this forum who posts but doesn't say curse word.

Are you kidding? I've cursed like crazy ever since I got here in Feburary. I'm might be the person who curses the :O most.

Last edited by Arceus64 (Nov 8 2012 6:31:16 am)

Codfoshie142391928842144

Board footer