Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

Tekrion

LuaBot and JSBot - Two Bots by Two People

Hello forum, this is Tekrion yet again. I spent a lot of time with Ostkaka and Gustav this week and I happened to get a lot of knowledge on botting. Before, a few days after I made P-Bot (Physics Bot) which I later implemented in Tekbot-X, I tried my hands on adding redstone using the same mechanics I used for block detection. Did it work? Not so much, but I learnt something from it. Lately, Gustav got the redstone idea and successfully implemented it into GBOT. But what was Ostkaka up to then? He was making LuaBot. Believe me, at first glance this bot looks like crap, but if you take sometime to hear out what it can do, you would be amazed.

What his bot does is it allows the user to create his/ her own Lua scripts and the bot would run it . What more, you can add changes to the script while the bot is at runtime.

I was touched by this. I, myself, had tried to do this with my own Scripting language but i failed miserably. Then Ostkaka came in, and JSBot came into existence.

.... Just like LuaBot, JSBot allows you to script out a bot and run it, but JSBot scripts are written in Javascript instead of Lua. My Bot ,JSBot, is practically a child of Luabot because it would not have been possible without Ostkaka.

Anyways that is not the case. What I,m here to ask you is :

What would you do if you had these bots in your hands and why would you do it?

#PS: Ostkaka has already made a redstone script with luabot and is now working on a god run script.

Last edited by Tekrion (Dec 20 2012 10:42:14 am)

#2 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

Re: LuaBot and JSBot - Two Bots by Two People

I would make Pong.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#3 Before February 2015

hummerz5

I would ask what's the point of having a bot to write whatever -- javascript/lua? Seems like just writing the whole thing makes more sense.

#4 Before February 2015

Tekrion

The point is so that people can share their scripts with each other and come up with new ideas. The scripting language has been simplified and it has been made User-friendly.

#5 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

Are these actually going to get shared with the world or are the owners keeping the bots to themselves?

- ShinsukeIto

#6 Before February 2015

Tekrion

It may XD. Depending on what the users will use it for. We are trying our best to make the language very simple so there would be no problem with it.

#7 Before February 2015

Mylo
Master Developer

its just a computercraft ripoff //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue you know, you code there in lua too..
anyways, nice.

#8 Before February 2015

Shift

I wouldn't use them. Call me old school, but I like to have the fun myself; rather than letting the bot have fun for me.

#9 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

Pong
Run from the Snake
Pac man

- ShinsukeIto

#10 Before February 2015

Persona

Computercraft (Which I am big fan of myself) is for Minecraft, allowing you to do tasks in Minecraft easier, however people have created "mini-operating-environments" with it.  

This bot, while made in lua does NOT rip off computercraft..

#11 Before February 2015

Tekrion

Pretty Sweet answers.   JSBot will be going into the testing stage in a few days.

#12 Before February 2015

gustav9797

Uhm you got ostkakas luabot, do not take any of his code and then release it. He is against any kind of bot sharing.

uzjIGfi.gif

Tekrion142392231039122

Board footer