Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

Koto

Spawn Systems for Zombies

I'm trying to create a spawn system, that would automatically filter out zombies, from normal players, since there is no way to currently do this.   The problem is, it's a lot harder to do than I thought...but then I got another idea.   Maybe if I asked everyone in the forum community to help try and create a decent system, we could probably come up with more than one!

So here's what I'm proposing, anybody that can create a good system, that can filter out zombies from humans, on its own, I'll award a Plus Rep.   I will post a picture of your system on this post, along with who created it, so that everybody can use it.   Anybody want to try to create one?
1VjKE.png
*made by processor

O5gSNEp.png
*made by doh

test_zps09efb9e0.png
*made by calidingox

YtOv4zU.png
*made by number(1)kirbyfan10

Last edited by KingOfTheOzone (Feb 5 2013 4:19:49 pm)

#2 Before February 2015

iPwner
Website

Re: Spawn Systems for Zombies

Ok. Pic coming mom.

ssAARASAAAAAAAAA  iAAAAAAAAAAAAA OU yaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAA YAAAaa YAAaah; yaayaayaa, yayayaya-ya-ya YAAA YAAAYA; YAYAYA YAAHAYAhAAAAAAAAAA 

EPIOOOOOUUUUUUuuuuuu   IUO0O0oooooooooooppi

;3 0>o ~X_x~ <~(^V^)~> (); ;B ;~; *~<:',',',',',{ Q=(*@`)Q

Im A ®a®ity ®

#3 Before February 2015

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

YtOv4zU.png

Red: Spawn points
Orange: Time doors, that give a chute for spawn-zombies if they stay idle long enough.
Yellow: This will test if the player is not a zombie. They will be able to speed to the blue area if the player isn't.
Dark green: This will test if the player is a zombie. If they can jump low enough to pass the arrows, they're a zombie.
Lime: An exit for the zombies. The one-way blocks are there in case a living player accidentally dashes through the arrows.
Blue: An exit for the players. In case one uses a zombie potion by the exit, there are multiple ways out.
Purple: An automatic killer for spawn-zombies.

Last edited by N1KF (Jan 31 2013 3:50:35 pm)

Everybody Edits is Fred

#4 Before February 2015

capasha

Isn't it easier to create a bot that teleport the zombies out from the spawners to another place?

#5 Before February 2015

normaluser

doh wrote:

Isn't it easier to create a bot that teleport the zombies out from the spawners to another place?

Now that you mention it, with this /teleport command...
Hmm.

#6 Before February 2015

Koto

doh wrote:

Well, wouldn't you need to keep the bot running, for the map to work?

#7 Before February 2015

capasha

KingOfTheOzone wrote:
doh wrote:

Yes. But I don't see any better way.

#8 Before February 2015

Bobithan

I know an absurdly easy way except the users have to hold > when they spawn and die for it to work.
I'm pretty sure you can get a good idea of what that's like.

#9 Before February 2015

Processor

1VjKE.png

I have never thought of programming for reputation and honor. What I have in my heart must come out. That is the reason why I code.

#10 Before February 2015

CaliDingoX

also everyone please note that players can still hit /respawn to spam the spawn points as zombies...

but i been trying to figure out the same thing last night and this is what i came up with.
test_zps09efb9e0.png
http://everybodyedits.com/games/PWrpeTY81BbUI

as you enter the level (or respawn) just simply hold LEFT and you will "hookjump" onto the above platform while the zombies slow speed makes them unable to make it onto there.   from there you can safely jump onto the next platform which is too high for people to reach is they just hold RIGHT.   then at the bottom there are >>> arrows which push zombies away from the spawn point in case they try to sit there and jump trying to spam the spawnners.   this is not an auto filter, but it does work.

Last edited by CaliDingoX (Jan 31 2013 9:49:21 am)

#11 Before February 2015

harrypotter35000

make a spawn point and below a wall of 4 blocks.and beside,a dot trail to a safe place.isnt this a good idea?:)

Last edited by harrypotter35000 (Jan 31 2013 11:35:38 am)

#12 Before February 2015

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

doh wrote:
KingOfTheOzone wrote:
doh wrote:

Yes. But I don't see any better way.

You could also try my idea.

Everybody Edits is Fred

#13 Before February 2015

Jan12345

The best way to do it is to turn zombie potion off...

/potionoff 9

The best way to sort zombies and normal players is to use a bot indeed.

#14 Before February 2015

Koto

Cool!   I'll have to test these out later, although none of them look 100% automatic, still better than having nothing to work with.

I will award you guys reps as I test them.

#15 Before February 2015

Supaforcer56

Processor wrote:

The one s/he did I like because it's quick and easy and the world is zombie proof //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

#16 Before February 2015

Pikachitu

harrypotter35000 wrote:

make a spawn point and below a wall of 4 blocks.and beside,a dot trail to a safe place.isnt this a good idea?:)

Nope.

On-topic: Let's just kick them.

#17 Before February 2015

skullz17

CaliDingoX wrote:

also everyone please note that players can still hit /respawn to spam the spawn points as zombies...

but i been trying to figure out the same thing last night and this is what i came up with.
http://i1000.photobucket.com/albums/af1 … efb9e0.png

as you enter the level (or respawn) just simply hold LEFT and you will "hookjump" onto the above platform while the zombies slow speed makes them unable to make it onto there.   from there you can safely jump onto the next platform which is too high for people to reach is they just hold RIGHT.   then at the bottom there are >>> arrows which push zombies away from the spawn point in case they try to sit there and jump trying to spam the spawnners.   this is not an auto filter, but it does work.

Someone might do the 'hookjump' and THEN drink a zombie potion. That's where they will spam infection.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

#18 Before February 2015

Koya
Fabulous Member

There should be a potion safe area, or can someone create a bot which removes zombies from a delegated area
x=min,max y=min,max?

Po9cnQh.png

PLNQVL8.png
Thank you eleizibeth ^

1SYOldu.png

I stack my signatures rather than delete them so I don't lose them
giphy.gif

WfSi4mm.png

#19 Before February 2015

meep805

There's no way to filter out zombies from normal players as someone will drink a potion at some point in the level and will infect everyone.

#20 Before February 2015

Bobithan

I don't know how many of you already saw this but I'll post it here anyways

This is an add-on to Processor's idea.

http://i.imgur.com/IuPcvZK.png
The boosts are to keep the zombies from jumping into the timed blocks, getting them stuck and infecting people that spawn. There's a grid of them so that everybody isn't in one at a time and one zombie comes through the spawn and suddenly everybody's a zombie.

http://i.imgur.com/6PJFdYv.png
And then the living go into this dotted area, so that they have enough room to go somewhere without instantly falling on a spawn camping zombie.

Full level is here
http://everybodyedits.com/games/PWBLZd2Vn3a0I

#21 Before February 2015

arteem

All you have to do here is jump.

Screen%20Shot%202013-02-03%20at%2021.28.15.png

#22 Before February 2015

Bimps

well as doh said in some topic turning potions off wont stop hackers only normal people that want to troll. yet many people are to stupid to hack so it will kinda solve it.

#23 Before February 2015

CaliDingoX

skullz16 wrote:
CaliDingoX wrote:

http://i1000.photobucket.com/albums/af1 … efb9e0.png

Someone might do the 'hookjump' and THEN drink a zombie potion. That's where they will spam infection.

i know that, but a lot of kids out there are to stupid to figure that out.   unless they read this post now D=   they couldn't even figure out that you are suppose to hold LEFT after you die lol

#24 Before February 2015

arteem

Little update, now prevented from zombie-spamming the spawn area.

Screen%20Shot%202013-02-04%20at%2019.41.08.png

Automatic filters are impossible because all the physic blocks act on both humans and zombies the same way.

Last edited by arteem (Feb 4 2013 9:48:24 am)

#25 Before February 2015

Master1

^is that spawn in that pic, under the person? If so then everyone who joins would automatically become a zombie, making that useless...

nicktoot.pngnicktoot.pngnicktoot.png

Koto142392514636286

Board footer